Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 2:32 pm

I'm constantly thinking. I have a hard time shutting my mind off, at night. It drives me nuts. :roll:

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 10:17 pm

Unfortunately, yes! I go over events and scenarios constantly. I think about one thing which leads me to think about something else and sooner or later I'm thinking about something that has NOTHING to do with the original thought. I keep myself up all night doing this, unless I leave the TV on. Or just wait until I am completely exhausted to go to bed.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2010, 2:13 am

Constantly, it never stops.

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2010, 2:39 am

Always always always...all day and all night, which is probably why I can't sleep right now (at 3ish am). I also debate things back and forth with myself or think up scenarios or why this, why that, etc. It drives me up the wall sometimes. I think so much sometimes that I forget to do other things, like homework or chores.

To make things more annoying, I always think visually so if I think about something scary or gross, I can't get it out of my head and start to obsess about it. And even if I've been thinking of the perfect rationale for the longest time about something, I will never properly articulate it; totally suck at describing my thoughts. :?

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2010, 10:45 pm

Deliirrriiiiioussssss

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Oct 2010, 11:50 pm

I am a chronic thinker, and it affects my ability to get to sleep. I also worry a lot.

"Are we not in the hands of a lunatic? God isn?t interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the micro-chip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time; 43 species of parrot! Nipples for men!"

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2010, 11:54 pm

Think so. The insomnia combined with lucid dreaming kind of points in that direction, if anything.

bigcoop
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Oct 2010, 12:19 am

Absolutely, my thoughts are all over the place, all the time

thehandmedown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2010, 12:24 am

this is what Im known for... deep thinking. I dont think I ever stop thinking, and I mean complex in depth analyzing everything type of thinking. I used to hate it, at times I still do, but I say it just puts me that much more ahead of everyone else... while they are just seeing it happen, I have already thought about it and beyond to the next thing.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 8:47 am

Quote:
Unfortunately, yes! I go over events and scenarios constantly. I think about one thing which leads me to think about something else and sooner or later I'm thinking about something that has NOTHING to do with the original thought. I keep myself up all night doing this, unless I leave the TV on. Or just wait until I am completely exhausted to go to bed.

Too true for me my friend. I... honestly like everyone else here thought this is just how people work. I was completely shocked that not everybody's mind raced all the time. And even more so when I learned people were capable of falling asleep in under an hour. Though when my gf came over here from Wisconsin and slept next to me I... was actually able to fall right asleep. It was beautiful... *tear*

dreamcaster85
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2010, 8:52 am

I'm constantly thinking and sometimes it's my worst enemy 8O I obsess over things and I'm constantly over-analyzing everything. Most of the time it is worrying thoughts so it's refreshing when I'm totally relaxed like when zoning out with headphones and music.

James0Zero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2010, 9:12 am

Quote:
I'm constantly thinking and sometimes it's my worst enemy Shocked I obsess over things and I'm constantly over-analyzing everything. Most of the time it is worrying thoughts so it's refreshing when I'm totally relaxed like when zoning out with headphones and music.

Also too true T.T

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2010, 9:17 am

Every night for about a week I would get in bed around 2am and when my head hit the pillow I wouldnt be tired at all. I was falling asleep at the computer but that went away as soon as I got into bed. I toss and turn all night and Im not sure how much sleep I really get but it cant be alot. Usually the last time that I rememberd looking at the clock is about 5 or 6 am. I just cant get my head to shut up. Ive tried and tried and tried and its not happening. I cant really remember the last time I slept good. Except for a night or two a week ago. The past few months of days are blended together and its hard to tell the difference between them. Im so sick of not sleeping and I think its starting to catch up to me. I am exhausted this morning Im just getting back from a fun night. Was a DD for a couple of chicks I know and I took care of them and they took care of me.

asprin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2010, 9:46 am

whats wrong with thinking

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2010, 3:33 pm

asprin wrote:
whats wrong with thinking

Nothing at all is wrong with thinking. Thinking too much though is not always a good thing. Thinking so much that you cant for the life of you fall asleep is not much fun at all. Especially when you do that every night like I do and get at the very most 2 or 3 hours of sleep each night. It gets even more frustrating when something like that has happened for a month or more like it did to me.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 11:00 pm

I'm always pondering. It takes around 1-2 hours for me to sleep, thanks to that endless pondering. However, I sleep like a stone. I always feel rested by morning and it's almost impossible to wake me up when I'm sleeping.
Overall, I like this trait of mine. The only problem comes when I start thinking about the possible negative outcomes of something (generally, a social interaction), which will invariably incapacitate me from acting on whatever it is that I was thinking about.