Page 3 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

trotz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2008, 3:03 pm

Whenever I'm alone, I find myself thinking a lot. Sometimes I do it silently, sometimes not.

There are times when I start reflecting to my life experiences. Going through my mind would be something that made me happy when I was younger. This is where I just enjoy being me.

Other times, bad experiences would come to mind, too. I find myself reacting to them the way I wish I had back when they happened. I tend to believe that my life would be better if I took better control of such things. It's times like this that I tend to feel sorry for myself, even though I can't do anything about my past.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 3:04 pm

darkstone100 wrote:
I always think but I can ignore it by doing stuff like reading or being on this site, or my all time favorite mindlessly destroying things in video games

I can't =/ I'll start reading, and then something in the writing will grab my interest, or remind me of something else, and I'll start thinking of that...and then five minutes later I'll realize my eyes were still reading so I have to backtrack :x

I find it's easier if I read stuff that's less intellectual :roll:

DanteRF
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2008, 3:08 pm

Yes. Its all the time and hard to control. I sometimes even think about so many different things at once, close to 8-10(Yes I do that) I get a headache. I never had a problem when I was younger, but once a lot of my OCD and stimming stopped, due to meds, I realized thats why I did it. If it gets bad I can still force it with humming, duh dununa....da da(something like that). The first time I did it I was amazed, a just thought I'd try it and my mind was clear, for the first time in a long time. Prior I'd have to be outside and just look at the sky for 30 min to an hour.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 3:14 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
darkstone100 wrote:
I always think but I can ignore it by doing stuff like reading or being on this site, or my all time favorite mindlessly destroying things in video games

I can't =/ I'll start reading, and then something in the writing will grab my interest, or remind me of something else, and I'll start thinking of that...and then five minutes later I'll realize my eyes were still reading so I have to backtrack :x

I find it's easier if I read stuff that's less intellectual :roll:

To think that I thought it...topic

I wake to think, and thinking keeps me awake. The thinking interrupts other activities and trying to sleep.Then the dreams start and thinking during the dreams. The mind is a busy place. I concur with SabbraCadabra...and THAT is a name to ponder! :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Paperplate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2008, 3:55 pm

My mind races all the time. I tried meditating but I don't know how not to think anything and end up holding my breath. Takes on average an hour to fall asleep. It seldom keeps me up all night though, except last night. I saw a vacant stand for sale yesterday and by this morning at six I have planned the house that I would build there from every detail of the structure to the color of the garden hose while rolling around. :roll: Hope the Law of Attraction is listening to this.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 3:56 pm

sartresue wrote:
...and THAT is a name to ponder! :)

It's just a song that I enjoy ;)

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 4:24 pm

Yeah I can't stop thinking at the moment.

nofun13
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2008, 4:43 pm

anyone else here have a permanent headache?

i think so much about everything all of the time that my head hurts from thinking so much. it takes me around an hour to fall asleep as well. sometimes its kool when i apply my mind to something, because ill start thinking about it all the time and become an expert!

however, i over analyze everything, and that can become extremely stressful and hard to deal with.

Aspie_for_the_Lord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 4:46 pm

nofun13 wrote:
anyone else here have a permanent headache?

i think so much about everything all of the time that my head hurts from thinking so much. it takes me around an hour to fall asleep as well. sometimes its kool when i apply my mind to something, because ill start thinking about it all the time and become an expert!

however, i over analyze everything, and that can become extremely stressful and hard to deal with.

ive never had one.... even when i got very drunk, almost like im immune to them.

i often worry that the lack of headaches may be systematic of a worse problem, after all, certain conditions prevent parts of the body from feeling pain, who knows? i may have some huge tumor in my brain 8O

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 5:01 pm

deathchibi wrote:
Quote:
Aspie_for_the_Lord

show me details.... :twisted:

a man had a stroke and a specific part of his brain died...
everything was fine but he could not see out of his right eye...
the doc coverd his left eye and he was shown a moving red dot...
he had to tell which way the dot was going...
he got 90% right 8O

That's called blind-sight. A part of the brainstem called the Tectum, involved in the startle reflex and other unconscious visual stuff, has a very simple unconscious awareness of position, brightness, and movement that only because apparent when a person with blindness caused by damage in the visual cortex is asked to guess the location of some simple thing like a dot.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 5:05 pm

Josie wrote:
I can never shut off my brain. It is always running at fast speeds.

oh yes, my brain produces a constant stream of chatter xD and pictures and diagrams, and equations, and butterflies, and figures, and numbers.....

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 5:43 pm

This is the reason why I find it so difficult to go to sleep. My brain keeps me awake for at least an hour every night, filling me with information that I know already, having the same debates that it's had with itself for the past year and playing songs over and over again. Once I drop off, I can sleep solidly for a good 8 hours so it's not insomnia - it's my brain not being able to shut down when I want it to.

I can space out and not think about anything in particular but this only works during the day, when there is a window to look out of.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 5:44 pm

its also interesting how some people can see music and taste colour's
also how some people can remember faces but cant tell the difference
bettwen a cat and dog :D

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 5:53 pm

That happens to me too. I think it's an aspie thing.

Screws around with your concentration because multiple threads of thought try to occur at once.

Funnily enough, when I tested Ritalin last week, the multiple thoughts stopped/slowed and became steady. I got a lot more work done.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 6:06 pm

My thoughts are always racing, and it can be a bit distracting at times. :x

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2008, 6:34 pm

nomadic28 wrote:
Isn't the saying "I think, therefore I am"?

So what are we saying, NT's somehow can slow down the flow of their thoughts? Or blank out and not think altogether? (After watching MTV, I'd believe that actually)

that quote is simmilar to saying you can be whatever you desire