Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 12:12 am

I'm not sure where to put this topic, but I'm sure some kindly moderator will move it to where it goes :lol:

It is less than a month before I get to go to San Francisco to go diving with great white sharks - you have to understand that I have wanted to do this all my life - it is the only thing I can remember always thinking about (I don't have a linear memory so this is odd for me) . . .
I love sharks - they are the only perfect animals on the planet - they have been around since before dinosaurs and are absolutely perfectly designed for what they do . . . I don't believe in demonizing predators - they serve a perfectly useful role in nature . . .
Anyway, the whole trip is going to be horribly expensive and there is no guarntee the guys will show up but there was a shark attack in northern California this morning so I KNOW they have migrated like they are supposed to (I was a bit worried with how wacky the weather was this year that some current wouldn't be around and the seals wouldn't migrate so they wouldn't migrate) . . .
I got fitted for my wet suit the other day (and a 7mm wet suit is roughly like wearing a tire)

But I am SOOOO excited - I live in a generally blah state punctuated by the occassional drinking binge or really exciting call at work or a tattoo or piercing - so it is so strange for me to be excited about something like this . . . there is a little video on the company's web site and I get so worked up just watching it and thinking in less than a month I'll be out there . . .

The web site for the company I'm going with is www.greatwhiteadventures.com and the video is under the 'farallon islands' section, by the way . . .
The company operators are very nice and are going to even make sure that there are vegetarian snacks for me on the boat! :lol:

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 10:41 am

I don't really say this ever, but I think I am genuinely excited for you.
I hope you have a great time and I can't wait to hear about it.

Will you be in a cage of some sort then ?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 10:52 am

Yeah, I'd like to hear how it goes to.

BeeBee

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2005, 7:02 pm

Yeah, it is a big cage - just like in the movies - only you use hooka air instead of tanks - that way you can get more people in the cage without having a bunch of tanks banging into each other . . .