Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 6:19 am

Our English teacher asked asked us these questions... he found them horribly funny. It was a sight to behold hehe.

But yes, seeing how I knew the popular first question already, it was quite easy.

The other students in class had their issues with the questions though. My mind probably just seems to operate such stuff well?

Anyway, I love it, thanks for posting!

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:39 pm

A theoretical elephant can be any size so you might get a complete herd into a refrigerator of the proper size. Also it is not specified how many refrigerators you might have handy. Very vague.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 12:58 pm

Answer to question 4 is a hoax, everybody knows lions don't reign over crocodiles.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 1:01 pm

I can't do this test, I need a bigger refrigerator :(

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2008, 4:34 pm

LabPet wrote:
The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you whether you are qualified to be a professional.

A professional answerer of stupid questions?

LabPet wrote:
The questions are NOT that difficult.

But the answers are... :(

LabPet wrote:
1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

This test is ridiculous, I know you Americans all have huge refrigerators, but I have to question whether a giraffe (which I assume is fully grown, but remains unspecified) is able to fit into one without first being dismembered at the very least: a step that is missing from the so called "correct answer"
You'd have to take the shelves out too, to get have any hope of achieving this insane venture. Assuming that the fridge is anything like mine. Of course it could be some giant industrial refrigeration unit for all we know. Overcomplicating things are we? I say you're undercomplicating things. I say that anyone who got this question correct got lucky. :lol: How dare you give me a test that I've taken before and allow me to fail each and every question? :oops:

LabPet wrote:
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

If we go by the warped logic employed by the tests creator, we could assume that this very large fridge capable of holding a giraffe may also be able to hold an elephant in addition to the aforementioned giraffe. So maybe the fridge can only hold one, but it's no more of a feat of logic to assume that a 'giraffe chiller' of unknown size could hold an elephant to keep the giraffe company in its time of chillsome confinement.
We haven't even touched on the moral implications of refrigerating and imprisoning these poor creatures, the elephant for example would be much better off as a grand piano than a grand ice cube. So surely they could be put to better use?

LabPet wrote:
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory.

In a world where a "The Lion King is hosting an animal conference", we are then meant to assume that the previous events have bearing on the new situation? All this clearly occuring in some mad fantasy land where someone decided to abandon all semblance of the logic and rules to which we sane people are accustomed to? Ok, so I'm not sane, but I still have a point. The question assumes as much of me as I am expected to assume of it. How does it know that I didn't hijack one of the giraffes and ride it to the coast and sell it to a passing trader in a daring feat of grand theft giraffe? How long is a fridge going to hold up to the skewery tuskery of the modern battlehardened elephant anyway? It'll escape in no time I tells ya!

LabPet wrote:
Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

And I'm supposed to swim across? But I can't swim, so why in world would I even consider giving that answer? So mr question maker can make silly assumptions, but I'm not allowed? Screw you, whoever it was who came up with these. These questions have no context, when you first read them, there is little to no indication of their purpose, so it's difficult to know what to focus on. :x

I'm so going to put a giraffe in a fridge and write up a detailed assessment of all the problems I face while doing so. That'll show question writers around the globe that I for one will not stand for this! Anyone got a spare giraffe they can lend me?

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 9:44 pm

I got 4 right, only cause I would take the risk of getting eaten. I'm actually pretty bad at learning from my mistakes.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 11:24 pm

NUTLOG wrote:
LabPet wrote:
The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you whether you are qualified to be a professional.

A professional answerer of stupid questions?

LabPet wrote:
The questions are NOT that difficult.

But the answers are... :(

LabPet wrote:
1. How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things in an overly complicated way.

This test is ridiculous, I know you Americans all have huge refrigerators, but I have to question whether a giraffe (which I assume is fully grown, but remains unspecified) is able to fit into one without first being dismembered at the very least: a step that is missing from the so called "correct answer"
You'd have to take the shelves out too, to get have any hope of achieving this insane venture. Assuming that the fridge is anything like mine. Of course it could be some giant industrial refrigeration unit for all we know. Overcomplicating things are we? I say you're undercomplicating things. I say that anyone who got this question correct got lucky. :lol: How dare you give me a test that I've taken before and allow me to fail each and every question? :oops:

LabPet wrote:
2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the repercussions of your previous actions.

If we go by the warped logic employed by the tests creator, we could assume that this very large fridge capable of holding a giraffe may also be able to hold an elephant in addition to the aforementioned giraffe. So maybe the fridge can only hold one, but it's no more of a feat of logic to assume that a 'giraffe chiller' of unknown size could hold an elephant to keep the giraffe company in its time of chillsome confinement.
We haven't even touched on the moral implications of refrigerating and imprisoning these poor creatures, the elephant for example would be much better off as a grand piano than a grand ice cube. So surely they could be put to better use?

LabPet wrote:
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals attend.... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator. You just put him in there. This tests your memory.

In a world where a "The Lion King is hosting an animal conference", we are then meant to assume that the previous events have bearing on the new situation? All this clearly occuring in some mad fantasy land where someone decided to abandon all semblance of the logic and rules to which we sane people are accustomed to? Ok, so I'm not sane, but I still have a point. The question assumes as much of me as I am expected to assume of it. How does it know that I didn't hijack one of the giraffes and ride it to the coast and sell it to a passing trader in a daring feat of grand theft giraffe? How long is a fridge going to hold up to the skewery tuskery of the modern battlehardened elephant anyway? It'll escape in no time I tells ya!

LabPet wrote:
Okay, even if you did not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more chance to show your true abilities.

4. There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

And I'm supposed to swim across? But I can't swim, so why in world would I even consider giving that answer? So mr question maker can make silly assumptions, but I'm not allowed? Screw you, whoever it was who came up with these. These questions have no context, when you first read them, there is little to no indication of their purpose, so it's difficult to know what to focus on. :x

I'm so going to put a giraffe in a fridge and write up a detailed assessment of all the problems I face while doing so. That'll show question writers around the globe that I for one will not stand for this! Anyone got a spare giraffe they can lend me?

Secretly, I know you liked it.
You're just jealous because I did better....so there :elephant:

<I'm just kidding with you, NUTLOG - supposed to be 'lighthearted fun.' You could give it to your friends/co-workers, etc. Just an idea>
:D :D :D :D One smile face for each question.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2008, 11:37 pm

'They,' the test maker, didn't even MENTION the head-hunters lurking at the animal meeting either - that's another factor.
And what about the defrost timer setting on the refrigerator?
Just this afternoon, in the lab, I was cryogenically slicing brain tissue and WHAM! The defrost timer went off and the brain melted......So now what, wise guy? It happens.

Personally, I am rather disturbed I got an A+ on this test. But I did.
Lab Pet wins...... 8O

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2008, 9:45 am

LabPet wrote:
You could give it to your friends/co-workers, etc. Just an idea>

Me have fiends and co-workers? I don't think so. :lol:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 10:16 am

Actually it's a Nigerian scam. If you try to give detailed answers they send you an e-mail about how you can share in four billion dollars that someone found in an Iraq sewer after it fell off a US Army truck.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2008, 4:28 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
a tougher qiuz is one where it asks to read all of it first, then to fill in your name, then the date, then there is a list of questions and the last thing the end only do the first 2.

Which is just as old. I did that one in 6th grade.

I like this test a lot. I did it a long time ago (and got none of the answers right then), and we tested another girl at a sleepover I went to last week; she got one of them right, if I remember correctly (number 3). I like how overcomplicated people are making it around here.

I read a statistic that I can't recall exactly concerning this test, but it was something like almost all businessmen/professionals got all four wrong, whereas something like three quarters of the preschoolers got one or more right.

Three years!

Lepidoptera
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2008, 9:48 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
this is so old. I did this when i was in primary school which like 5 years ago. a tougher qiuz is one where it asks to read all of it first, then to fill in your name, then the date, then there is a list of questions and the last thing the end only do the first 2.

Read Everything Before Doing Anything. Yes, I remember taking that quiz..... in 5th grade....... in 1965! These things have been around forever. :D