Is this funny or am I too clueless an Aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 4:04 pm

My sister, a couple years ago, out of the blue, told our disabled parents they either go to a state home (they're free and horrible) and give her the little money they still had, or else they wouldn't see her again. They refused and she cut contact then, never let them see the grandchildren again either.

A few days ago she complained to my parents' caregiver that the family was separated because of money.

I mean, if you are the person demanding money and cutting contact because of money, do you complain the family is separated because of money????

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 4:07 pm

like breaking kneecaps then bitching about a person not able to walk..yeah.

saintetienne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2008, 4:17 pm

what a b***h!

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 4:24 pm

Why is she talking to your parent's caregiver if she doesn't talk to them?

And to answer your question, I guess you could say yes, because in your sister's mind it was about money. However wrong, and cruel the POV is, it's still her POV.

Iam
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2008, 7:50 pm

That's like killing your parents, then complaining because you are an orphan.

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 8:05 pm

From an independent standpoint that's pretty funny, but honestly, she sounds like a total b***h.

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Aug 2008, 8:10 pm

It sounds like your sister wants to abandon them, only to complain of having no one around for her- that makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever. :?

you will jouney from boy to man

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 8:13 pm

Something about this story makes me think that if she had all their money and they were in some awful home, she still might not visit so much.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 8:28 pm

I'm NT and I consider your sister's behavior selfish, mean and totally unacceptable. Your parents have the right to spend THEIR money as they wish, PERIOD. They are under no obligation to live the cheapest way possible in order to create the largest inheritance possible for their daughter.

Yeah, the fight was about money. About her wanting to steal and your parents saying no. Geez.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 12:23 am

Thank you all so much for your comments so far. She says to everyone that I'm crazy. I'd rather be crazy (whatever she means by it) than a satanic soul like her.

03 Aug 2008, 12:42 am

It sounds hypocritical. It doesn't make sense to complain about not having contact with family when you were the one who said you won't see them again till they give you money.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 2:54 am

Sometimes it seems to me that Aspies are more loyal to people. Sometimes I see people breaking up and I am still keeping contact. Then I get the feeling that I am doing something wrong. But I cannot find the reason for taking the step.... And leaving people behind that were taking care of you is a very big step. If your parents were not doing things wrong to you, than it is good to remain loyal.

The money is probably a made-up reason to justify the separation, some fights have the most stupid excuses behind them.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 1:05 pm

It hadn't occurred to me. It's very possible that the real reason is she doesn't want to have to take care of them.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2008, 1:10 pm

Maybe Aspies are more loyal, but the way we tend to withdraw and hyperfocus on obsessions might be just as bad for relationships--just not in a malicious way. It all evens out, really.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com