Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

have you ever been picked on or abused by a sibling/siblings?
yes 53%  53%  [ 28 ]
no 34%  34%  [ 18 ]
sibling(s), and relatives 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 53

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:28 pm

I was for a couple of years by my 2 brothers because i was different.
They wanted me to be like them and have the average interests at the age your suppost to etc.
Pretty much the old story of everyone has to be in a certain range of simularity or it's just plain weird/wrong...
Until they found out i had aspergers and just tried to help me instead of bashing me for it.
This was only for some short periods fortunately when they were at those ages where it's all about the group and fitting in and nothing else.

I never had any issues with any of my cousins they have always been great to me.
One of my uncles one the other hand was a drunk, and would start bashing me for being behind the comp too much and not being outside enough when he was drunk.
Let's face it, some people just can't grasp/accept that some people just can't fit into the normal box enough.
I'm glad the rest of my family never gave me any kind of crap for being different.
It was annoying enough for me growing up and not knowing why i was...

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 3:35 pm

they didint have guts :twisted:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 8:31 pm

My older sister used to emotionally abuse me. The most notorious incident was when she thought it would be funny to put her son's filthy diaper on my door handle while knowing I had severe OCD and was highly germophobic. It's taken a very, very long time for me to get over that one.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jul 2008, 2:45 pm

My older sister used to beat me relentlessly and I suspect she is on the spectrum also but will probably never know for sure.
When I was 15 and she was 18, I was finally strong enough to take her, but I was unable to bring myself to hit her.
We are not close and I'v only spent one day around her in the last 22 years.
She lives in Florida, I live in Alaska, and its perfect.
The last time I spoke with her was to tell her of our Moms impending death by cancer.
Both my father and my sister could be dead and I'd never even know about it as I'm truly "alone" as far as "family" is concerned.
My 21 year old daughter asked her once on the phone, "why" we werent close and my sister told her. "All she ever wanted was to be left alone."

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 11:09 am

I have 3 siblings, 2 brothers and a sister, who always treated me badly. The 1st brother, who'm I'll call "A," was the worst in terms of what he did. He often yelled at me unmercifully, hit me, and his favorite thing, twisting my arms around. He is 10 years older than I am and he was doing these things to me even before I was school aged. When I was 7, he went off to college and when my mother asked if I'd miss him, I said I wouldn't because if he was gone, he couldn't twist my arm around or yell at anymore. When he came home for a visit, I cried because I was afraid he'd twist my arm and Mom said "He's too old to do that." Fortunately, he didn't and never did again, but he did something else to me 4 years later that did more damage than anything else.

When I was growing up, I had no interest in swimming which was OK with my parents. After he graduated, he came home for a visit right before getting sent to his first assignment for the army. Somehow, A convinced my parents that my neither being interested in or knowing how to swim was a problem and something needed to be done about it, so he convinced them to force me to let him teach me to swim. All he did of course was yell at me, threaten me, and try to sink me in deep end, and I learned nothing. That was the end of it though.

My parents then went on an attack against my not swimming, by forcing me into the pool every time my sister did. My sister absolutely loved this, because it gave her control of me. She often used it to take me away from activities I enjoyed just because she could. She'd tell everyone she owned me every summer and she was going to own me the rest of my life so I'd better get used to it. This went on for 4 summers and was absolutely terrible for me, having no freedom. I've written about this extensively in another post on this forum That won't be hard to find I'm sure.

This leads to my sister, who always wanted control of me. She always tried to push me around, and her favorite thing was to forbid me from talking. She loved telling me to shut up and would sometimes have temper tantrums when I wouldn't stop talking. Our parents would try to force us to play together, but she always wanted everything her way and if I wanted to do something that wasn't what she said, she'd either have a fit or get up and walk out, something that was denied me when my parents were on their I had to love swimming kick.

At one time, we went to different schools, but then our parents decided we should go to the same school, so they transferred me to her school where she got her friends to pick on me. Our parents of course, didn't believe me when I told them this. I was often forced to go to noisy football games on Fridays and Saturdays, and attend noisy parades, because she was in the marching band and we had to go to all of her events.

My second brother, W, would often gang up on me with my sister, and they would forbid me to talk if our parents sent us out together, threatening to tell a bunch of lies to our parents about my behavior if I uttered a sound. This ended when my sister and W got in an argument one evening and she tried to pin W, and he told our parents to ask me what really happened, and I just played dumb so both of them got in trouble. W moved out shortly after that and my sister started being a little nicer to me after that. I guess both of them, who had treated me so badly all my life thought I'd get them out of trouble by telling what happened, I got them good that time.

Another time W damaged something that belonged to A and tried to pin the blame on me. Fortunately, my sister was feuding with W at the time and to get back at him, told our parents he said he didn't like me and was going to get me somehow just for being alive.

My sister ended up having alot of problems, including dropping out of graduate school and medical school, and seeing a psychiatrist. She wanted me to feel sorry for her because of her so called bad homelife, where our parents had bought her 2 new cars, gotten her out of schools she didn't like, gotten grades changed she didn't like, and allowed her to mistreat me and others. I wish I had said what I was feeling at the time but I didn't, so it's all water under the bridge now I guess.

I live hundreds of miles from those siblings now, other than my sister, who only lives 90 miles from me. I just wish it was farther.

That's my story of sibling abuse.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Aquamarine_Kitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2008, 10:07 pm

My sister, who is eight years younger than me, picks on me all the time.
She has found pretty much every mean way on the face of the earth to call me stupid.
She has also found lots of mean ways to call me mean.
She chases me, pushes me, and uses a tone of voice that could anger even the calmest of people.
And I try the most effective of methods of getting my abusers to stop, I tattle on her.
But that does not stop her.
I try ignoring her, reasoning with her, using her comments against her, and pretty much every other technique in the book.
But she does not care. She is too apathetic to respond to anything.
She is just a completely unreasonable tormenter at this time. I hope she will see the error and/or the uselessness of her actions soon enough.

msinglynx
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2008, 11:23 pm

I have a brother who also f***s up my selfesteem. Every time I start getting better he knows the best way to knock me on my ass. He also hits me when he thinks no ones looking, like punching me in the stomeche or or arm & acting like he's playing around. My other brother has ADD & used to be very violent but he out grew it. Both of my brother know not to push me past a certain point becuz if I get made enough I go berserk and literally try to kill them, like bashing with a stick. I fought with my bro the other day & he was punching me in the back really hard & I grabbed a glass bottle of tequila to bash him with, I almost didnt control myself in time. I dont hit people cuz I dont feel strong enough, so when I go nuts I grab a weapon.

And I am very scary.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2008, 11:24 pm

I'm an only child, so no.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2008, 1:12 pm

msinglynx wrote:
I have a brother who also f**** up my selfesteem. Every time I start getting better he knows the best way to knock me on my ass. He also hits me when he thinks no ones looking, like punching me in the stomeche or or arm & acting like he's playing around. My other brother has ADD & used to be very violent but he out grew it. Both of my brother know not to push me past a certain point becuz if I get made enough I go berserk and literally try to kill them, like bashing with a stick. I fought with my bro the other day & he was punching me in the back really hard & I grabbed a glass bottle of tequila to bash him with, I almost didnt control myself in time. I dont hit people cuz I dont feel strong enough, so when I go nuts I grab a weapon.

And I am very scary.

The way I have dealt with my siblings is by living in a different city far away from all of them. I don't want to be around them anymore and since I'm not, I'm much better off than I've ever been in my entire life.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Aug 2008, 5:14 pm

PrisonerSix wrote:
msinglynx wrote:
I have a brother who also f**** up my selfesteem. Every time I start getting better he knows the best way to knock me on my ass. He also hits me when he thinks no ones looking, like punching me in the stomeche or or arm & acting like he's playing around. My other brother has ADD & used to be very violent but he out grew it. Both of my brother know not to push me past a certain point becuz if I get made enough I go berserk and literally try to kill them, like bashing with a stick. I fought with my bro the other day & he was punching me in the back really hard & I grabbed a glass bottle of tequila to bash him with, I almost didnt control myself in time. I dont hit people cuz I dont feel strong enough, so when I go nuts I grab a weapon.

And I am very scary.

The way I have dealt with my siblings is by living in a different city far away from all of them. I don't want to be around them anymore and since I'm not, I'm much better off than I've ever been in my entire life.

When I was a child I was placed in foster care. I was in a separate home from my brother and sister. My brother and sister would
always fight with each other. Then I was placed in the same home to live with them and they both made my life miserable. Every time they fought I was punished along with them and my younger brother (I am the eldest) would always pick on me and was always proving his so called superiority. To this day I will have nothing to do with either of them. My brother is now collecting
disability payments from Social Security because he supposedly has a mental disorder.
He lives in Virginia and I live in Pennsylvania and we haven't spoken to each other in more than 10 years.

Sholf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2008, 6:08 pm

I have an unusual family. Most of my siblings are older than me by 10 years or more. I was also raised in foster care and was kind of a weird kid, so I was an easy target for the biological children. One of them was very abusive, not just to me, but to all the other people in the house. However, she particularly targeted me because I was small and quiet and supposedly not very "sensitive" to other people's emotions. Hey, I never beat on anyone like she did, but I guess since I don't understand social cues I must be some sort of monster. f**k that. Then I left that house, and even with my real family, it's been hard. I always feel like an outsider, and was even in a physical fight. That triggered really bad flashbacks to my earlier days being abused and witnessing abuse, and eventually, I had a breakdown and have had to move elsewhere because of it.

Often my natural behaviour gets interpreted as being antisocial, contrary for the sake of it, or smartass. I can, indeed, be an antisocial, contrary smartass, but I also try very hard to be kind to others as a default mode. I seem to really get under the skin of people I view as bullying and false. They will insist they are merely being polite and proper, and that either I'm stupid or a horrible person for being so tactless. Therefore I deserve to be screamed at and hit.