Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 10:54 am

I seem to understand a lot of of things through movements. For example, If someone starts talking about someones long, beautiful hair, I start tracing the shape of 'long beautiful hair' In a single line, which is curved so it looks like a very specific hairstyle. Another thing is, If there is a lot of something, and it's falling, then I call it a 'woosh.' Not because it makes the noise 'woosh', but becuase of the movement. If I imagine a 'woosh' of something, like rain falling, I make a very specific movement with my hands.
Or if I imagine a cat, my hands stroke the air like there is something soft to be petted. It's...interesting, to say the least.

I'm not sure what you would call this. Is it a stimming thing, or is it something else?

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2008, 11:06 am

its called extacy

lol :P

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 10:47 pm

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 11:16 pm

Coadunate wrote:

Funny you mention this. Someone else told me about this earlier tonight.. I think I have a mild case of it. Whenever I think of a number or a letter, I associate it to colors.. even music! :!:

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 11:32 pm

I sometimes make hand motions with my own inner dialogue, and I sometimes also type my thoughts in the air as I am thinking them...weird...

I'm not sure if this is what you mean though.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 6:09 am

Another possibility:

You're orientated to learning and perceived the world through movements? You remember a little better with movements, form, motion?

It's just an alternative to thinking visually, with words, sounds etc. It's usually a combination of all these alternatives with possible preferences for all of us anyway.

camelonajourney
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2008, 5:56 pm

When I was in primary school I used to draw out math problems in the air to work them. If the teacher was reading or just telling us a story I would draw in out on the nearest available surface.