Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2008, 3:44 pm

So who else here has been told many times that they look young for their age?

Nikky91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2008, 3:47 pm

Actually I've been told that I look mature and older then what I am. I'm sixteen years old and most people think I'm in my mid twenties. But since I am very quiet most people see this as a sign of maturity so they think I'm older.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 3:59 pm

A LOT of times in the last two/three years, I guess the difference between the "age-normal" appearance and our appearance becomes more evident over the years. My Aspie mom (57) looks (and acts) like a young girl...forever kids...

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 4:13 pm

interesting observation. there is some empirical thought that As look, appear and act yoinger than their age.
remember it is a DEVELOPMENTaL delay. i think there is some truth in As looking young for their age.

Last edited by donkey on 24 Aug 2008, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 4:14 pm

I get mistaken for younger. I went to the doctor last month with my partner (a couple of years older than me) and my best friend (a couple of months younger than me) and the doctor said "I see you've come in with Mum and Dad".

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2008, 4:18 pm

It depends if I shave or not. If I dont shave I look older but If I do I look much younger.

Brook-lynn20
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2008, 4:19 pm

Don't get me started. I am short for my age and no one lets me forget it. No one thinks I am going into my third year in college. They think I'm either a college freshman or still in high school. Most people say I'm 16-17.

You mean to say that counts as a developmental delay? Whenever I heard dev. delay, I'd think mentally. Wow.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 4:39 pm

Brook-lynn20 wrote:
Don't get me started. I am short for my age and no one lets me forget it. No one thinks I am going into my third year in college. They think I'm either a college freshman or still in high school. Most people say I'm 16-17.

You mean to say that counts as a developmental delay? Whenever I heard dev. delay, I'd think mentally. Wow.

I don't think that counts as a development delay, but it is well known that a 15yo body is more efficient than a 30yo one. If that is a symptom of AS, I would count that as a BENEFIT! :lol:

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2008, 4:43 pm

I used to get told that all the time when i was younger, and still now, not as much. Im 23 and i still get carded for alcohol all the time, when the age is 19. Nobody's ever overguessed my age. Oh well, when im 60, ill look 40 :D

Liverbird
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2008, 4:45 pm

Yeah, I definitely hear a lot that people don't believe that I'm almost 40. It's strange. What does 40 look like?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 5:02 pm

Liverbird wrote:
Yeah, I definitely hear a lot that people don't believe that I'm almost 40. It's strange. What does 40 look like?

I'm older than you are. YOU'VE seen me! I took a poll of about 10 people. EVERY one of them said I looked 35 or YOUNGER!

As for what 40 looks like? I would LOVE to know! Oh well, there at least WAS a section in jugendscala(An international magazine targeted towards young people learning German), and they tried to make kids look like professional model knockouts. I would see this person that looked like a KNOCKOUT model, and you would figure she HAS to be at LEAST in her 20s, and then they show what she looked like BEFORE(OBVIOUSLY younger, and perhaps not quite as nice looking), and she is TWELVE!! !! !! YIKES! I mean one actually DID look ok as a 12 year old, but her after really DID look nice!

My ONE saving grace is that THEY had the SAME problem. But COME ON FOLKS! You can actually potentially even marry someone that is very much a miner!?!?!?

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2008, 5:21 pm

People keep thinking I'm in my 20s when I go downtown, to malls, or to "gigs"

Kauf039
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2008, 5:21 pm

Oh yeah, this year I've gotten mistaken for 15 years old at the bank, was about to be rung through as a child at the theatre (has happened many times...) and the cut off age for that is 13 8O . Go figure.

andriarose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2008, 5:40 pm

Most people guess my age as 12 to 15. I was given a children's menu at a restaurant last week.

I'm 23 and starting grad school in a month.

I constantly have young teenage boys hitting on me, and most places in Pennsylvania won't serve me alcohol even with ID. It doesn't help that my 11 year old brother looks like he could be my twin.