Albinoblacksheep just gave me a great idea(directly stolen)

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 8:00 am

for a thread.

What are things you think about or do that you are certain nobody(or almost nobody) thinks or does?

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2005, 10:32 am

*points finger* CHEATER!! ! COPYCAT!! !

PS- I doubt I really think about stuff that no one's thought of before. That would be really hard to find something. Maybe something most people don't think about. But certainly not "nobody".

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 4:44 pm

Well, on at least 3 seperate occasions, when coming home in my car, i have stopped in the middle of the street i live on and drove back and forth on the road 10 times. DRIVE, drive a bit, REVERSE, drive a bit, DRIVE, drive a bit, REVERSE, drive a bit. That was fun. Also in many different parking lots i have drove around in a circle for no particular reason for a half an hour at a time.

I like my car. I like it to be as banged up as possible and still work.

I like to sit in my car, turn the heat way up and read a book.

I enjoy hitting myself with a hammer occasionally. Because a hammer causes dull throbbing pain, and it can be inflicted with not nearly as much conviction as a razor, and it doesnt leave a mark, i consider it a very useful tool. Occasionally i use it for particularly painful memories, but mostly just to stim. I like a good injury. Theyre fun to nurse, and worry over, and complain about.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 4:55 pm

I like to think about catastrophes so i can be calm and collected if they happen. This either works or i just dont get unnerved from disasters. I try to think of the most unlikely impossible occurances, the more unlikely and bizarre the better.

Like if one of my best, most valuable friends got struck by a meteor and died immediately right next to me. I bet my first response would be, "I didn't do it!" When a car next to me spun out at 70 miles an hour on the highway the first thing i said was, "I didn't do it."

I am constantly playing little mental movies about TV shows, movies, and stuff involving myself in them. Like if there was a zombie invasion i would change in absolutely no way. And the zombies would either not notice/care about me or herald me as their lord.

I have long, spirited, loud conversations with myself. We(I) Enjoy talking to ourselves because we never say anything which frustrates me. Talking to just about anyone elicits a frustrating response in one way or another. We think of lots and lots of amusing things. Act out amusing scenes. I am very entertaining to me.

ajs_line_of_silver
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2005, 6:02 pm

Quote:
I like to think about catastrophes so i can be calm and collected if they happen. This either works or i just dont get unnerved from disasters. I try to think of the most unlikely impossible occurances, the more unlikely and bizarre the better.

Like if one of my best, most valuable friends got struck by a meteor and died immediately right next to me. I bet my first response would be, "I didn't do it!" When a car next to me spun out at 70 miles an hour on the highway the first thing i said was, "I didn't do it."

I am constantly playing little mental movies about TV shows, movies, and stuff involving myself in them. Like if there was a zombie invasion i would change in absolutely no way. And the zombies would either not notice/care about me or herald me as their lord.

Sorry I do both of those things with frequency but I don’t like to think about catastrophes I just do I cant turn it off.

Shoe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2005, 6:48 pm

Quote:

I do that all the time! It's fun to imagine myself recovering from some disaster, helping others, etc.

Another odd thing I like to do - walk around with my eyes closed. When I have a predictable path I have to walk such as down the hall or sidewalk I map it out in my head then close my eyes and see how far I can make it without tripping. Something about it is very calming.

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 6:59 pm

Hmmmm.... Does this count? I had a dream this morning about werewolf/zombie/vampire hybrid creatures. It was a dream I had before so whilst in the dream I said to my dream friends that I knew a zombie hybrid in a shop window was soon going to jump out at me and bite me and turn me into a zombie hybrid, so could they keep their eye out for me? (because that's how the dream had gone before). Anyway, the zombie hybrid was there and I was ready and it didn't get to bite me, but it did manage to graze me and I began changing. In the dream I started to grow long hair on my face and was able to magically move the hair about with the power of thought. The hair was the werewolf bit, the power to move the hair, a vampire skill. Anyway. Whilst dreaming, I was pondering the question that pre-knowledge may not give you an advantage over the future, since your timeline will force itself upon you no matter what you do to try and stop it. i.e, I knew I was gonna get attacked, so I tried my best to avoid it, but something else happened that mean't the same future timeline.

Anyway. When I woke I started thinking how great it was to be a werewolf/zombie/vampire hybrid creature. I then thought about lucid dreaming and why some people can do it and others can't - i.e, sometimes I know I am dreaming so I can make it more interesting.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 7:27 pm

I listen to music with the speed slowed waaaaaaay down to about 90% of normal.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2005, 11:14 pm

WooYayHooplah wrote:
Hmmmm.... Does this count? I had a dream this morning about werewolf/zombie/vampire hybrid creatures.

How do you know it was all just a dream??

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 5:47 am

mjs82 wrote:
WooYayHooplah wrote:
Hmmmm.... Does this count? I had a dream this morning about werewolf/zombie/vampire hybrid creatures.

How do you know it was all just a dream??

Because I didn't need to shave :)

PhoenixKitten
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 7:52 am

Actually figuring out what would be the worst thing that could happen. Most people think of something crappy like 'the worst thing that could happen if I make a speech in public is that people laugh', whereas for me, the worst thing that could happen in any given situation is that I cause the appocalypse single handedly and manage to live through it, facing an eternity of inconsolable grief. Yep, don't know anyone else that thinks about that!

Yikes, and this one is very personal, so be nice please? When I was a kid I would dream up 'fantasies' about certain people. I still don't entirely get it, because I am heterosexual, but I had lots of crushes on adult females when I was a kid... I can still remember dreaming up situations where Judith Durham was miserable and needed me, or where I was miserable and needed her, and that would have been long before I turned ten! Weird...

Hypotheticals can be fun too... surely I think of more weird things, but they aren't really coming to mind! :roll:

WooYayHooplah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2005, 3:13 pm

Hey PhoenixKitten... I did the same with my teachers. I think it is more about respecting them and wanting to be like them.

Relyt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Nov 2005, 5:26 pm

Nomaken wrote:
I enjoy hitting myself with a hammer occasionally.

...hard?