Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2008, 5:18 pm

can it make you depressed for no reason?

because some reason i become depressed for n reason at times!

and i was wondering add/adhd could cause it?

stimpysuzie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Aug 2008, 5:33 pm

I don't know if it is specifically related to ADHD or Aspergers or a combination of the two.

I think that because our brains are wired slightly different, that the two together is double trouble unless you have coping strategies or support.

I found that with ADHD if you can somehow separate the two, I am one way one minute and another the next.

With meds for ADHD I go into zombie mode and not much fazes me and I am left feeling angry or empty. Neither of which are a great help in day to day life.

I will give you an example of my mood shifts (I don't like to use the word swings!):

I went to practice today and spent an hour trying to get the EQ right and it just wasn't working so I get angry and leave with two hours of time paid for.
My partner said some things that touched a nerve all the way home, and into the house, and now I am feeling like s**t.

The worst part of it is that I want to be happy right now, but I am feeling really drained and my partner is feeling drained from me. But I am just so fed up of saying sorry to everything that I do, it would be nice if someone said it back and shouldered the "blame" once in awhile.

Ok so if this is what you are referring to or just a change for no reason that you are aware of?

For me it's the small things that add up into one big thing and then I explode like a volcano!

Everyone is different and it's hard to just be when you have so many obstacles in the way that NT's can seemingly breeze through.

I have rambled I have!

jamescampbell
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Aug 2008, 5:36 pm

combination of that and a mood change for no reason at all!

i do come from a family with add and ASD init so i might have both!

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 6:18 pm

I find that I have felt alot of anger while on ADD meds...

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 7:00 pm

amphematmine type drugs can cause depression and mood swings. get off them before they really do a number on you

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2008, 10:30 pm

I was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of two, put on Dexedrine first, then Ritalin later because the Dexedrine was too strong.

I don't know how long I have been depressed but I can recall the first time I thought I would be better off dead was at the age of three after my dad yelled at me because I got out of bed to tell them I vomited in it.

I think it's related to my brain being wired differently and the lack of patience people had with me, the way I was raised, the confusion that is the center of my existence.

09 Aug 2008, 11:40 pm

jamescampbell wrote:
can it make you depressed for no reason?

because some reason i become depressed for n reason at times!

and i was wondering add/adhd could cause it?

It sounds like plain depression to me.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2008, 3:20 am

I have ADD and have suffered from intermittant bouts of depression since I was a child.
My mom has dealt with pretty severe depression her whole life...