Do you stay in your room most of the time?

Page 6 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2009, 9:50 am

Over christmas while my family was home I stayed in my room watching DVD's the whole time.
I'm on my PC in the family room most of the time other than that. It sucks there though because my mum has to walk past on the way to the back door, to the laundry or something else out back. I hate having no privacy on my computer when she walks past. I'd put my PC in one of the spare rooms, but the internet cable will be too long (don't feel like getting wireless either).

megalalafarr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2011, 10:32 am

i know im only 12 but im almost 13 but i stay in my room non stop i only come out for the bathroom and food.

my mum is constantly nagging at me to go outside and get some sun shine on me just coz she love the out doors

my dad somethimes thinks im a vampire because i spend all my time in the dark

i hoped this helped

megan farr xxx :P :P :P :P :P :o :o :o :o :o :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 11:57 am

My parents were very strict they wont allow me to go outside so i got used
to just sitting inside the house
later on after i got married i tried going out, making friends, getting job
but nothing worked out so again i went into solitude and recluse

Now whole day i just sit inside my room i rarely sit in the common room
with my husband or son.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 12:36 pm

Just did some quick calculations and on the average week I spend around 9.5 hours a day indoors
Still, in the past it was sometimes nearly every waking minute (typically 16 hours per day).

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

08 May 2011, 12:47 pm

Yes, I spend many hours of the day in my room, though also feel the need to go outside and get some fresh air for at least an hour every day.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:16 pm

When I lived with my parents I'd stay in my room practically all the time. I'd stay out of my room sometimes when I was home alone, but as soon as someone else would come home I'd go close myself in my room and not come out much for the rest of the day, except to eat and use the bathroom and occasionally watch TV. I'd come out of my room if my sister came by for a visit, but I was not very interested in socializing with the rest of my family, simply because we didn't have much in common and they'd often hurt or annoy me or we'd mutually ignore each other.

I didn't see anything strange about this at the time and didn't realize that other people found this strange and that other family members might dislike me doing this or feel rejected or something. Other people being in the same room simply meant to me: sensory issues, interruptions and being controlled by others. I preferred to be left in peace and be in control of my sensory environment and activities.

I still need a lot of alone time and my husband (who I suspect is on the spectrum too) needs some alone time too, so we tend to stay in separate rooms a lot, although not all the time.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 5:32 pm

I stay in my office most of the time. My bedroom only has a bed and clothes in it.

mystic777
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2011, 6:03 pm

yep. sounds like me. tend to spend an unhealthy amount of time indoors. and at the moment, my house. i forget to go out. its not good.

i actually managed to buy my own house in order to be more social... and found that i became even worse in the reclusive stakes. lol oh well.

good to know im not alone.... in that respect.

Killman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2011, 7:20 pm

Yeah, I usually don't leave my house at all, mainly staying in my room, especially during the weekdays. I have never really known why....Probably because my nearly non-existent social life. :o

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2011, 10:20 pm

I stay in my room the majority of the time. However, I do feel the need to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise at least once or twice a day, which is good for me.

LaPelirroja
Raven
Raven

02 Feb 2013, 10:51 pm

I feel the safest (but not necessarily the happiest), when I'm alone with my computer and/or sister in my room. Every time I do things outside my comfort zone- go to the library, go to college classes, do something with friends- my anxiety levels spike. Often, if I experience a jam-packed day with too much stimulation, I will spend the following day/s glued to the computer in my room, ignoring my responsibilities and indulging in the things that make me happy and calm. I become, to quote Pink Floyd, comfortably numb.

I try not to let this happen, because if I do, it usually makes the days when I do have to study, clean, or look for a job that much harder for me. If I wasn't on medication, I probably wouldn't survive in the "real world".

My younger, 20-year-old sister is worse than I (I'm 21)- she disappears for very long periods into her own room, and has to be reminded to make herself meals.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Feb 2013, 2:12 am

My room is my happy place. :lol:

Quazar
Raven
Raven

03 Feb 2013, 3:41 am

yes ._. its the only place i feel comfortable

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Feb 2013, 8:49 am

Oh yes. My room is my haven. I'm in my haven right now. :)

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 9:17 am

another revival of an old thread

I do. I only get out of my room to get food and drink from the kitchen.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 11:27 am

I always did, even in university, when we had 5-bedroom apartments (for juniors and seniors). I never used the appliances or entered the "common area" (living room), never watched television, and only went to the bathroom/shower when nobody else was out. I couldn't shake the notion that I was but an interloper in somebody else's domain. With my own place, I can still find myself holed up in one specific area (the study) and "sneaking" about... :?