Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 5:13 pm

Are you excessive?

I am wonering if you all do things to the extreme.......I do everything to the extreme. Drives up the cost of certain foods I eat, I am sure!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 5:18 pm

It depends on what it is. I would be better off doing the right things in extreme but I mostly do the waste of time things in extreme.

25 Sep 2008, 7:01 pm

I'm an excessive talker. Sometimes I don't talk much.

I used to apologize excessively but had to cut back on it because it was pissing people off and I kept being told "You don't need to apologize."

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:58 am

Doing thinks i like to the extreme gameing and stuff.

8)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:37 am

Yes, I'm fairly extreme.

If I can't get obsessional about a thing, it doesn't seem worth doing, so I just go through the motions until the next obsession. Everything has to be deep. I love "pushing the envelope" as long as it's on my own terms. Extreme expectations of pretty much everything I do. Extreme politics too - I lampoon the mainstream work ethic while I overdrive my own brain (and body if need be).

There are exceptions here and there. Sometimes the silliest joke will make me laugh. I once expressed a desire to watch Coronation Street (admittedly I was very tired). I like colour TV pictures as long as the sound isn't invasive. I tidied up my room once, and stopped after about half an hour without even trying to analyse the core principles of organising stuff, with the words "there, that'll do for now." One day I might put some music on in the background while I do something else, instead of stopping dead and listening hard to every second of the album.

I'm probably exaggerating a tad, but the gist of it is there.

finrod
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Sep 2008, 9:43 am

depends on what it is