Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2008, 11:28 am

Ever since I could remember, I could never bear to have my knees or elbows or even knuckles touched if they were unbent. If someone did by accident, I thought I was going to faint. My knees are the worst! I once twisted my knee and wanted to die. I watch medical and vet shows where they are performing knee surgery and I cringe. I wonder how I am going to get through vet school. Doctors and occupational therapists always thought it was just super sensensetive joints. Some stupid OT suggested joint compressions to help but I was not allowed to bend my knees during it. I fought my mom off about the joint compressions because it hurt so bad. It is NOT the skin. It is something inside the joint. Maybe there is a nerve or something running where it shouldn't. If I ever need knee surgery they will probably have to give me a nerve blocker. I'd rather have my legs cut off. Is this normal to AS?

Psimulus
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2008, 11:34 am

I dont think Im as sensitive as you in the way that you have described, though I am able to determine changes in barometric pressure to a limited degree. Similar to how some people with arthritis can tell you if they think it is going to rain or not. Changes in season also induce a response. This could be related to thermal contraction/expansion or possibly other factors.