Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 5:57 pm

1. Colleagues seeking each other around you to go for lunch, to go to the company event together, etc. yet never seeking you?
2. Pets disrespecting you because you fail to behave as alpha with them?
3. People going on and on about how offensive you were but refusing to tell you what offended them?
4. People harshly criticizing you for a flaw in your personality (say, bluntness) when they have a flaw 10 times worse (say, living a life that is a lie) and you both know it?
5. A friend losing interest in the friendship, eventually disappearing from your life, and coming back say, a couple years later when the rest of their friends have all, one by one, betrayed them?
6. Someone vanishing from your life with the infamous "too busy" line, and calling you out of the blue one day to ask for a big favor?
7. Calling a new friend/acquaintance you had a good time with for a chat and being taken totally by surprise by their angry / indifferent reaction?
8. Being pushed in the line and if you push back they make a scandal?
9. A service representative calling you very nicely and sounding very interested in talking to you, to offer an extension of the service and when you tell them how bad the service was, they end the phonecall quickly?
10. A shop assistant treating you like s**t and when you leave the store giving you a look of utter disbelief, like you're crazy and have reactions totally out of the blue?

...or do they happen only to me????

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 6:03 pm

1. Colleagues seeking each other around you to go for lunch, to go to the company event together, etc. yet never seeking you?

YEP

I don't think I had that problem. :?

3. People going on and on about how offensive you were but refusing to tell you what offended them?
YEP

4. People harshly criticizing you for a flaw in your personality (say, bluntness) when they have a flaw 10 times worse (say, living a life that is a lie) and you both know it?
YEP

5. A friend losing interest in the friendship, eventually disappearing from your life, and coming back say, a couple years later when the rest of their friends have all, one by one, betrayed them?

YEP

6. Someone vanishing from your life with the infamous "too busy" line, and calling you out of the blue one day to ask for a big favor?

YEP

7. Calling a new friend/acquaintance you had a good time with for a chat and being taken totally by surprise by their angry / indifferent reaction?
YEP

YEP

9. A service representative calling you very nicely and sounding very interested in talking to you, to offer an extension of the service and when you tell them how bad the service was, they end the phonecall quickly?

OF COURSE! That is STANDARD

10. A shop assistant treating you like sh** and when you leave the store giving you a look of utter disbelief, like you're crazy and have reactions totally out of the blue?

SOMETIMES

To tell you the truth, few of them happen NOW.

Emoal6
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2008, 6:07 pm

I've dealt with all of those, and will continue to deal with them as long as I live. Its a dual-edged sword my friend. You either get stabbed or do the stabbing it seems. And either way we choose, we lose in the end.

Its impossible for anyone like us to be correct, considerate, or co-operational. We are only seen as our dark side, the one that reacts when we are wronged. Anything good we did before hand is QUICKLY forgotten. We're never thanked for our effort, only criticized for our downfalls. We are only meant to be rugs in this world, walked on by the "nuerotypical".

Tis unfortunate we must be looked upon with closed minds. Its amazing how everyones ok till the autistic kid starts having a meltdown, then they're "terrified". They fail to realize they caused the reaction, they just want us to stop.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 6:28 pm

11. People being totally surprised when, after a ganging-up against you for your beliefs, you haven't changed your mind?
12. People acting offended when you request explanation / evidence for a claim they're nudging you to believe?
13. Someone going off on you for being inconsiderate putting your cigarette out on the sidewalk, when they know you know they've abandoned their parents in an old people's home, taken their savings and never visit them?
14. An acquaintance giving off polite vibes that you've been calling too often (say, once a couple weeks), then one day when they need something from you calling you every half hour and leaving 5 messages and 2 texts till you're able to pick up the phone?
15. Someone waiting for you to leave your parking space so they can park in it, yet stopping their car right behind yours so you're not able to leave?

Aguila
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2008, 6:44 pm

All of those happen to me except for 13 14 and 15

Biogeek
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2008, 6:51 pm

[b]1. Colleagues seeking each other around you to go for lunch, to go to the company event together, etc. yet never seeking you? [/b]
BIG TIME, ALL THE TIME. They have a huge group that goes to lunch together every day, and I am never invited. That's usually okay with me.

Nope, I let my girls know who's boss. Uh, well, then again...

People generally ignore me, as I'm quiet. If I do something wrong, they're outwardly hostile and I never find out what I did to anger them. So, yes, this one is partially true of me.

Sure. But I view that as their problem.

This one hits home. Almost ten years ago, I had the first part happen--the person I considered my best friend deserted me for reasons that still escape me--and I still think about it from time to time. No one has ever come back begging for more of me. I guess that tells me something.

Again, the first part, not so much the second.

Oh yes, and I'll never figure out why.

I don't push back because it would prolong physical contact, and I'm touch aversive. I automatically pull away.

9). A service representative calling you very nicely and sounding very interested in talking to you, to offer an extension of the service and when you tell them how bad the service was, they end the phonecall quickly?

Sure. I'll bet this is pretty common.

10. A shop assistant treating you like sh** and when you leave the store giving you a look of utter disbelief, like you're crazy and have reactions totally out of the blue?

I tend to shop very little. I hate it. Actually, I once had a shop assistant follow me around a store as I was looking through the racks. Finally, she came up to me and politely asked me to leave. I have no clue why. Maybe she thought I couldn't afford the pricey clothes.

...or do they happen only to me???

Good gawd, no, girl. You're not alone.

Synth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2008, 6:55 pm

Yes except for the second half of 5, 2 and 9.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 7:27 pm

Biogeek wrote:

Nope, I let my girls know who's boss. Uh, well, then again...

Awwww, that was so sweet... :) Have you posted their photos in the Happy Dogs thread?

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 7:41 pm

Greentea wrote:

Yes, this has happened to me numerous times!

Sort of...my dad had a dog who hated me (it was mutual), & would often make his displeasure of sharing a household with me well known.

LOL I've had this happen all my life, including today!

Yup, experienced this too!

Yes, but I terminated the friendships....realized it was not healthy. It took me some time on the last one to distance myself. Friend turned out to be psycho & stalked me.

Luckily no on this one

Yup!

Oh yeah!

I wish! Cold callers just don't seem to understand the word no, when I tell them usually multiple times! I have learned to just say goodbye & hang up on them!

Had a coworker blow up at me today...similar situation though. And yes, I've had some strange reactions as a customer in stores. I even once had another customer yell at me when I wouldn't assist her (I didn't work for the store I was shopping in), & gave me a huge ration of s*** because she felt slighted. Threatened to call the store manager on me!! ! LOL I still get a chuckle over that one!

[b]

Nope, Greentea, you are not alone!! !

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 8:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should've demanded payment from the store!

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2008, 8:23 pm

Greentea,
have you just highlighted the difference between being AS and NT?
....or is it the difference between having integrity and being hypocritical?

...or is it the same thing? :wink:

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 8:52 pm

Good question. I don't know. I think it's just things that happen to me very often and I didn't know if they happened to others...

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2008, 9:19 pm

Well they certainly happen to me! - all the time!

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 9:20 pm

It used to happen all the time, but less now thank goodness

Yes

Yes, but not much lately

YES!! !

Yes

Yes, quite recently in fact, I hung up on her :D

Not that I can recall

yes but not recently

Yes

No, don't think so

Nope! You are far from alone when it comes to this.