Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

k_semler wrote:
Ishmael wrote:
So, what's the difference between calling us "indigo children"? Does it mean anything, or is it just being picky about the name? What's she have against doctors? She claims to be a shaman... Oi, she isn't a weirdo, is she? She doesn't mean by "indigo children" some magical nonsense? Because, then I'd have to laugh derisively and say some very condescending things...

Indigo Children, (Wikipedia)

According to New Age belief, Indigo children are highly sensitive with a clear sense of self-definition and a strong feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world. They are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others. They are empathic and can easily detect or are in tune with the thoughts of others, and are naturally drawn to matters concerning mysteries, spirituality, the paranormal and the occult, while opposing unquestioned authority and contradictory to convention. They tend to think outside the box, and are often referred to as "system busters." Indigos allegedly possess wisdom and level of awareness "beyond their years." They are also said to have a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here."

Some beliefs hold that they are often labeled with the psychiatric diagnoses of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Dyslexia, and also Autism, and that they become unsociable when not around other Indigo Children. They are also believed to be prone to depression and sleep disorders such as insomnia and persistent nightmares.[citation needed] Indigo children also possess defining characteristics in learning; indigos tend to be more visual, kinesthetic learners so remember best what they can picture in their brain and create with their hands.[citation needed] Movement is required to keep them better focused.

This is amazing, I fit every bit of that, wow. Don't get me wrong I'm very aware of the "special" element to these conditions but the similarties are profound.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Nov 2010, 10:46 am

Some people prefer to explain real phenomena with superstitious nonsense, rather than accept scientifically supported explanations. It is likely that the Indigo/Crystal Children concept was invented by overly proud parents to make their neurally atypical children seem more special than they really are.

Maolcolm
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2010, 2:19 pm

Loke wrote:

Hi. The universe isn't exactly infinite. It's pretty big :p but it has a certain size that can be calculated pretty accurately. (Didn't read the other posts, so I might be missing something here).

That's not exactly true. The size of the observable Universe can be calculated but that of the Universe itself cannot, and it may well be - and is generally accepted to be - infinite. In short, we know how far we can 'see' but this distance is not the same as 'the size of the Universe'.

The following short video of an explanation given by Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson sums this up pretty well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD1qAEeyets[/youtube]

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 12:57 pm

violetchild wrote:
Indigo, crystal and even the rainbow children are a belief system many of us have (or a knowing). It is possible to be both an Indigo/crystal child as well as an Aspie at the same time. Just like one can be Christian and Aspie or Christian and psychic at the same time. The difference with Indigos.. they arent just sensitive to things but they also come with special talents and gifts. (psychic gifts).

My own daughter is an indigo child, as well as an Aspie. Cause she is an Indigo she varies from other children eg she can see spirits and the auras of people. Ever watched "6th Sense"???, that's my daughter before that movie was even made. She actually things which if another psychic is about is able to see too.

She also at times is telepathic and can speak at times telepathically.

Most Aspies dont know where they are headed in life.. An Indigo child on their path.. carries a lot of Insight and can often have a clear view of where they are headed. Indigo children are often guided by Intuition. Often they also remember their past life times and will be dealing consciously with people from past lifetimes. It is hard for the Indigos being so different to umm I'll call them NTs, as they are very different to a normal Aspie or a normal NT. Past life trauma and their memories .. may thou mess them up this lifetime. (ive met quite messed up Indigos)

Indigo children are often the spoon benders, psychic readers, energy workers, healers, mediums ......

Asperger people are just as likely or unlikely as a NT person to be an Indigo person.

what is it with the spoon bending thing, anyway? What does bending spoons have to do with knowing where you are 'going in life?'.

Just curious, is all.

Merle

moshalas
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Nov 2010, 2:13 pm

Hard for everyone to believe that we hold a strong future for the world. Evidence of our inheritance is becoming truer with every passing minute of life. I mean, it all links together when you think about everything: autism, indigo children, bufotenin in the urine, the psychedelic imagination, neurotypicals, the government. At least I can make sense of the direction I am going in.

What concerns me is the ability to accomodate the many others like me who share the same bonding. I hope everyone can do what they can and become true to themselves and others. Experience higher states of mind and build a better world is all I can say. My research is complete and I have no further purpose in life. I feel complete for who I really am.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 9:18 pm

Well, since the idea of Indigo and Crystal and Rainbow was sorta pre ordained to happen, wouldn't all that other bonding of each other just happen, too?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 9:37 pm

spudnik wrote:
No!
I am so sick of hearing this baloney, its a load of crap.

I agree. It is nonsense on stilts.

ruveyn

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:50 am

Loborojo wrote:
She soon agreed we were both wired too sensitive and I couldn't convince her about Aspie traits and that I was one, she preferred to call us Indigo or Crystal children. She might register on WP. I gave her the adress. I said she could try and debate this here with her arguments. What do you think of her argument??
I think that was her then, who came and made a thread about this a day or two earlier.

I would prefer that we had something "special" about us like "indigo or crystal"; something mystical instead of some wiring in our brains screwed up. It just sounds more appealing.

I hesitate with the "we", because I don't really fit in with Aspies any more than anyone else, but... meh. As for me, I was an otherkin at one point - whether my neurology differs or not, it was still a nicer way to perceive my differences. Look the term up if you want to know what it means.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:57 am

Indigo or Crystal children, no thanks.

I prefer autistic spectrum.
These are the sorts of powers this gives me....

The Twilight Zone
It's a Good Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDGXjWNgHgQ

(I'm joking around....)

GaijinRanger
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2010, 3:55 am

I find it slightly arrogant to think that we know everything that is going on around us. If that were true, then nothing could be unexplained. Correct?

Conversely, I approach topics like this with a healthy amount of skepticism. I want to see proof just as much as any of you.

I'm not shooting it down, but I also don't believe it's entirely accurate. I like my fence.

klikmaus

20 Aug 2011, 1:49 am

I agree with GaijinRanger. We humans as a species do NOT know everything or else nothing would be a mystery. As as fate has it, there are uncountable mysteries that surround us every day... Mankind is, for the most part, a spiritual creature (or so we think anyways :scratch: ) and generally we allow our religions or current understanding of "modern science" to get in the way of logic, reason, and our own observations. What we call modern technology today would have been considered dark magics as recently as one hundred years ago. So in the topics if things which we don't fully understand, it is ALWAYS best to keep an open mind. To date, the concept of Indigos being a truth in our reality has not been proven as fact but also keep in mind the concept has not definitively been disproven. To date, human beings have yet figured out how to utilize 100% of their brain function, who is to say that more efficient utilization of our "brain power" will enable us to manipulate the electromagnetic environment which surrounds us in a way that mimics telepathy or even directly affect the way mass, energy and time interact? The human brain DOES operate on electrical pulses....
The concept of Indigo children/ adults is rather fanciful, but keep in mind that pocket computers, cellular phones, jet packs, burning lasers, and bionic organs were once far-fetched and fantasy. (The flying car is also very near production stage, I feel the need to add!) Anyone who can honestly say that they don't see an exponential amount of change in human behavior AND in the earth completely over the last hundred years as opposed to the thousands of years preceding our current times is extremely ignorant. At the very least, if mankind continues on it's current path it will end up being it's own destruction within a few more generations without the help of rogue comets, brown dwarfs, hostile aliens, zombies, or rabid smurfs. With that being said, it would be in our own best interest that there is some form of higher intelligence which can either directly or indirectly nudge us in a more positive direction. Interestingly enough, every ancient civilization left records of beings which arrived from the heavens in some form or another. It could be a coincidence of fantasy or there could actually be some truth to these records. Whatever the truth may be, until there is actually definitive proof one way or another, it is wise not to discredit a concept or give it more than it's due until enough evidence is presented to be beyond reasonable doubt. And even if the concept of Indigos is a fanciful ideology, if those who claim to be Indigo focus 100% of their efforts and amazing talents into making the world a more positive place, as they are "predestined" to do, how is this a bad thing?

To BOTH sides of the argument--- WHAT IF YOU'RE WRONG???????

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2011, 10:06 am

No, we are not 'indigo' or 'crystal' children - there are no such things.

Please drop this woo nonsense and focus on real things.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:27 am

AlanTuring wrote:
No, we are not 'indigo' or 'crystal' children - there are no such things.

Please drop this woo nonsense and focus on real things.

oh, I don't know, Alan. . when we were young, they were called "Flower Children" with a whole set of other symptoms . . .

Merle

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 10:52 am

I'm both

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 12:11 pm

i am not interested in the blue end of the spectrum.
it bores me. i am not an indigo child (does that mean "blue baby"? ).

i like browns and fawns and mustard colors.
maybe i am a terra cotta child.

i do not care less. whether i know what i am or not, it will not stop me from being who i am.

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2011, 9:12 pm

I'm a diamond child: hard as they come and oh so beautiful! :P

Last edited by CrinklyCrustacean on 21 Aug 2011, 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.