Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 1:59 pm

Can you think of a statement, question that has gone horribly wrong?

I was trying to ask my drivers ed teacher a while ago if running over small animals would damage my car. . .it came out as:

"Is it ok to run over small animals?"

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 2:03 pm

heehee!

My son and I were discussing relative morality vs absolute morality. We may beleive it is wrong to kill, but if killing one person would save serious injury to millions, is it ever right to kill?

The next Sunday he asked his sunday school teacher if it were better to kill or hurt people.

8O

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 2:14 pm

On 2 different occasions while practicing for job interviews, when asked What I am looking at making per hour, instead of stating that I'm flexible or asking "how much do you usually pay starting employees" I stumbled on words and said "how much do you usually charge your customers" :oops: :oops:

Ok, so it never happened in an actual interview but I still feel stupid considering that I made the same misstatement more than once.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 2:42 pm

One for the mature folder - One time in the group home where I work, the residents were doing a craft - they were glueing little pieces of fabric on Christmas tree ball decorations. One of the residents kept showing my coworker her progress every 30 seconds, so I told her, "Wait and show her when you're done, when you've got the WHOLE ball covered. Gail doesn't wanna look at naked balls!"

Another time one of the residents in the home was talking proudly about how 4 of them share a bathroom, and the fact that they're able to take turns using the shower in a civilized way. "We don't fight about it or argue about it or anything. We just take our clothes off and go at it!"

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 4:00 pm

Prometheus wrote:
"Is it ok to run over small animals?"

If they're too stupid to stay out of the road, then that's just natural selection at work. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 4:03 pm

BeeBee wrote:
heehee!

My son and I were discussing relative morality vs absolute morality. We may beleive it is wrong to kill, but if killing one person would save serious injury to millions, is it ever right to kill?

The next Sunday he asked his sunday school teacher if it were better to kill or hurt people.

8O

There's a sane middle ground between relative morality and absolute morality (both bad in thier pure form IMO) called provisional morality. Michael Shermer wrote an exellent book on the subject called:" The science of good and evil". I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. :)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2005, 5:08 pm

What could possibly come out wrong in any of your opinions?