Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Maeotian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2008, 9:32 am

I work in the ITS department at my school, and lately I've been noticing this particular co-worker of mine. Whenever I speak to him, I notice that he always talks slow and very properly. He seems quite withdrawn and introverted, and I've never actually seen him display any real emotion in his voice, just the slow, quite monotone, and very proper speech. This brings me to another point. Whenever we are having a conversation, it always seems like I'm talking at him rather than with him. I ask him a question, he answers it, and that's pretty much it; there's never really much of an urge to sustain any type of conversation. Is it just that this guy dosen't like to talk to me, is he just extremely introverted, or is it possible he could have Aspergers?

I am in no means trying to diagnose this fellow, but I've just noticed some signs. For all I know, he could just be introverted. What do you guys have to say about this?

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2008, 9:39 am

There's really no way to tell without personally taking online tests and more importantly consulting a doctor.

Give him a christmas/holiday card, it might open him up a bit more. Feels good to be thought of at the holidays. :)