"The Vines" in the news (their lead singer has Asp

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 3:05 am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 24,00.html

I know that Craig Nicholl's has been mentioned numerous times here and that some people here are fans of "The Vines".. I thought I'd pass this along in case you all didn't know the latest news. He might even appreciate letters of support if you have ever met him, etc.

I just read this article in the Australian news today, although it was first printed a few days ago. Even though I live in the United States, I frequently read Australian newspapers.. (I've thought about moving there myself if there was some way to do that.. ) This news was probably all over the world as well, but since they are an Australian band they probably get more news locally. Because of the lead singer's Asperger's, their tour had to be cancelled. I know this isn't exactly uplifting news to those of us on the spectrum.. and it is sad to hear of one of our own that has been so successful go through tough times like these. The article says basically that he's in some type of crisis-state that requires immediate, long-term help..

I hope Craig Nicholls will be alright through this tough time. God knows, he's certainly achieved what some would have said was impossible for someone with Asperger's and hopefully, he can be able to pursue his dreams again, whatever they may be in the future. He is a very musically gifted young man.

LG

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2008, 3:09 am

i cant stand the guy, or his music. hes a whiney crybaby much like myself :lol:

he needs to stop acting like a child, ive seen videos of him and i think he really has crybaby disorder.

flipping out and flapping your hands and telling everyone to shut up in the audiance, when you are the singer of a band is hilarious, if he cant deal with the noise or whatever what in the world is he doing being in a band in the first place? jesus christ. :lol:

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:14 am

How the hell did he manage this far in the first place?

Sidenote, anyone know why my screen has all of a sudden "stretched" out? I can't see the edges, like the google ads and stuff, and now have a scroll bar on the bottom of my screen. Letters are looking weird too (for example, there is a space in between the E and T in "between," and there is NO space in between the T and W in "between")... Drop a PM or post if you would, I haven't touched a thing in settings...

Felinity
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Nov 2008, 3:15 am

I guess maybe he could compose his songs with the lyrics/instrumental music at home and maybe other bands could record the songs on CD and travel.. Although, it seems all these years that he liked to play his own music.. The stress of touring is what gets to him most I think.. Constant touring would be difficult for most anyone with Asperger's.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

27 Nov 2008, 3:19 am

-JR wrote:
How the hell did he manage this far in the first place?
i dont really know all too much about the guy but much like that astronaught that suposidly had it im shure it devoloped over nite. think about it. aspergers is fashionable now, jesus i remember when i got my dx i had to prove that as a child i had it, wich means i had to give them all my evals when i was in school. i wonder if he was in special ed programes with an unknown disorder when he was in school, i was. well back then it was labeld, "emotionally hanycapped with specific learning disabled" or something.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:20 am

I hope Craig feels better soon. I know he's an Aspie and he's obviously had a rough go....I think he'll be ok, maybe he just needs some rest and treatment. I agree, I think he's gifted too and he has an extra tough time with his AS condition. Hard to watch him struggle - we all know what that's about.

I guess I know what richardbenson is saying, but, regardless, Craig is an Aspie and he's suffering now - no one deserves to suffer.

Ok...I don't want to get slammed for this, but:

I do NOT like Brittney Spears (yuck), BUT, that being said, I now have new-found respect for her (that I did NOT have before!) since she's had a severe bout with a bipolar disorder, hospitalizations, etc. (Note: I am not bipolar, but I know, by association, being autistic is hard). Her suffering IS real and I think she's changed, for the better, from what she's endured - I do mean this. I think before she WAS a spoiled shallow brat, but she must be credited for 'fixing' herself and getting better too. In fact, some of what she's said lately does show remarkable insight that I doubt she could have known before her psych illness.

So, by association, I hope Craig feels better.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:22 am

Felinity wrote:
I guess maybe he could compose his songs with the lyrics/instrumental music at home and maybe other bands could record the songs on CD and travel.. Although, it seems all these years that he liked to play his own music.. The stress of touring is what gets to him most I think.. Constant touring would be difficult for most anyone with Asperger's.

Yes, of course. I think we can all agree, Craig's performing is stressful! And this is a factor too. When I'm stressed I DO suffer - this is hard.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 3:38 am

I think he's awesome. I posted on the other thread about Nicholls. He had sensory overload on his latest tour and the band was forced to cancel gigs.
I think everyone should be supportive of Nicholls or anyone else with autism who is having a crisis. This is a support/advocacy site yet so many are hypercritical of anyone who is having a crisis. Welcome to reality. Things aren't perfect all the time.
As for The Vines, I said it before, hope things improve quickly and they can get back to being "The Vines" ASAP.