Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 8:13 pm

i am, i copy peoples clothes and just about everything else. i used to copy peoples hairdoos but that has since stopped thank god. :lol: my obsessions seem to be out of date though and unpopular. so thats the only part of me thats origional. online i talk like a gangster and i dont know why since in real life i dont speak like that all that much. so do you copycat?

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 8:21 pm

i am, i copy peoples clothes and just about everything else. i used to copy peoples hairdoos but that has since stopped thank god. Laughing my obsessions seem to be out of date though and unpopular. so thats the only part of me thats origional. online i talk like a gangster and i dont know why since in real life i dont speak like that all that much. so do you copycat?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 8:30 pm

is there a parrot in here? :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 8:30 pm

immeadiatley archive

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 8:35 pm

Had to be done. :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Nov 2008, 8:39 pm

thats alright. i thought it was funny, so do you copycat? when i was in highschool i got in fights because i copied this guys clothing and it was awfull. he even followed me home one day to see where i lived to start a fight with me in my front yard because i was copying him :lol:

Mindtear
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 8:46 pm

No, i did get questioned for cheating papers a few times, as i would totally memorize the stuff i was interested in. Did the opposite in other subjects though, ignoring the teachers and doing my own thing.

I did try to copy what i call "systems" from books to further explain how they worked..not that interesting i know.

Onibunny
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Nov 2008, 10:05 pm

i copy immediate laugh patterns and speech patterns when i am around strangers. i'm sure it is obnoxious, but it's the closest i get to assimilating as i can. :)

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:14 pm

I used to be as a teen and let me tell you something, being a copycat was how I learned some social skills.. am I anymore? Hell no but I don't regret being one back in the day... even though I virtually have little in common with most "NT"'s, at least I can function in their world.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:16 pm

richardbenson wrote:
i am, i copy peoples clothes and just about everything else. i used to copy peoples hairdoos but that has since stopped thank god. :lol: my obsessions seem to be out of date though and unpopular. so thats the only part of me thats origional. online i talk like a gangster and i dont know why since in real life i dont speak like that all that much. so do you copycat?

I copy peoples accents without noticing. At times I sound like Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle or Harry Potter. It sort of just happens.
My clothes are kind of copied, but I sort of turn it into my own style.
I used to be into a particular scene where most people dressed similar.
People think it's emo but I don't straighten or side part my hair. It's a mess most days. I also think that all that so-called emo music is garbage.
I've also been wearing a pocket chain forever, but that's for practical reasons.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 12:36 am

I don't think i'd really be a copycat, but I do often repeat what someone says (almost as a confirmation that i heard it) if I can't think of anything else to say...I do have a close friend with Asperger's as well and I find some of our catch phrases (and just random weird things that we say) seem to get passed back and forth until we can't even remember who started saying it in the first place :S

--Aldous Huxley

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:09 am

I do not copycat. Compromising my individuality to be accepted by the "In Crowd" is a betrayal of self. I even hate it when something I like becomes popular. For instance, I was the only person in fourth grade to appreciate this new science-fiction show on television. I could quote the dialog from and entire episode after seeing it only once. My impersonations of the main characters were spot-on, and I scoured the hobby stores for Revell models of the show's spacecraft. My fellow students thought I was wierd, the teachers made fun of me, and even my parents tried to coerce me into watching sporting events instead.

The TV show was called "Star Trek." You may have heard of it.

Ever since it became popular, I've come to loathe the show and the movies, and have contempt for the "Trekkies", of which I used to be one.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:25 am

I've probably done some copycating but not to that extent. In fact that's one area I've always had trouble in is trying to be like my peers in terms of talk, style, and music. I just chose what I liked and it probably came off as pseudo-strange in my highschool. In fact I don't think people could easily put me in a label at that time.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:30 am

Fnord wrote:
I even hate it when something I like becomes popular. For instance, .

This has been a pet peeve of mine over the years as well, especially with music. if there was ever a style of music i enjoyed or a particular band that was kind of obscure and then all of a sudden it became mainstream, it would drive me nuts.

--Aldous Huxley

noahveil23

26 Nov 2008, 6:00 am

I try not to copy people, but i think I slip into it when I feel insecure. The accent thing is really awkward. I'll slip into a bad accent of where ever I am sometimes, then cringe when I here it. I can be in Wisconsin for an hour and start having twinges of accent. Really awkward and embarrassing. Getting tired now.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 6:04 am

I am a copy cat 'Meow meow"