Page 6 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:20 am

AmberEyes wrote:
"Something's wrong with you but I can't my finger on it." *scowl*

OMG, that is such a good one. You nailed it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 10:55 am

Weird, eccentric, moody, intense, ret*d, rude, insensitive, nuts, bratty, bitchy, defiant, shy, too serious, loner, stubborn, difficult, pedantic.
When I was about 10-14 people often assumed I was older. Now I am 31 and people always assume I am much younger. A few months ago a neighbour asked me if I was through with junior high!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 11:30 am

Let's see eccentric,odd,strange,quirky,unorthodox,immature,self-centered,homosexual.
Basically, all of these are of a inaccurate nature as well many others words and titles have been applied to me some, not that upsetting others downright malignant by all means and wordings.Anyways, I simply choose to see myself as a person overall! :) :wink:

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2008, 12:25 pm

A genius.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2008, 7:21 pm

ephemerella wrote:
AmberEyes wrote:
"Something's wrong with you but I can't my finger on it." *scowl*

OMG, that is such a good one. You nailed it.

My old PE teacher.
She marked me down even though I was good at sports and scored lots of points in the game. I also helped some kids who were having difficulty too so that didn't exactly get me in her good books.

My final grade was circled from "cause for concern" all the way up to "outstandingly brilliant".

I became very paranoid after that and scratched my head for several days...

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 6:22 am

My latest one: Rude.

Person found out I was AS, and (2 days ago) told me how they used to assume I was rude. They only just told me this, so at the time I'd no idea. They based it on such social faux pas as not asking "How are you?"

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 9:39 am

outlier wrote:

Person found out I was AS, and (2 days ago) told me how they used to assume I was rude. They only just told me this, so at the time I'd no idea. They based it on such social faux pas as not asking "How are you?"

Why do so many people have to be asked that to feel "comfortable" with a conversation..... Personally, I don't like greetings, get me past the appetizers, and give me the main course.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 4:50 pm

outlier wrote:

Well if that´s the case, I guess I´m rude too.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 6:26 pm

on drugs,grazy,and while having meltdown epileptic :roll:

bonez
Toucan
Toucan

20 Dec 2008, 6:58 pm

yeah on drugs... i get that all the time. and my friends say that im just naturally high... what is it about aspies that ppl think that we're on drugs???

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:11 pm

People have thought I was a lesbian before even though they realized I wasn't once I was with members of the opposite sex. During high school they thought I was a lesbian but I was rebeling against high school in general and wanted none of anyone there.
People assume I am slow witted or mentally challenged and have no clue hows to react when they find out I am smarter than they are. That really freaks people out around here because around here dumbness is considered coolness anyway but not the mentally challenged kind, just the too much pot kind.
People think I have a bad attitude.
Oh yeah, I have been called crazy before. Mental illness although I have no official diagnosis and have never been in a psych ward or hospital. They just assume I am when I'm not.
Depression is another thing they call me. Mopey.
I have been called all kinds of terrible things in the past.

A big problem I have is mental illness stigma without the mental illness. Since I live so close to this hospital, people think someone who doesn't quite fit in or is odd is somehow connected to that hospital and they lie and think things that aren't true and don't want to trust me and stuff.
I have never been in that hospital.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:34 pm

On drugs, insane, angry, arrogant, in my own world, very intelligent, and officially I was DXed as histrionic.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2008, 7:44 pm

Been mistaken for normal - when people first meet me, or if they don't see me very much.

Z

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 2:48 am

My mom thought for years I was bipolar and manic depressant because my temper was harsh, I'd get depressed a lot about school, and I'm impulsive with money. Mind you my sister triggered a lot of my temper tantrums growing up, but she's so manipulative that my mom really thought I just got that way for no reason. My mom doesn't think these things anymore now that she discovered how my sister really is and realized AS is the main thing going on. They did try to diagnose my AS nephew as bipolar as well only because of his temper tantrums, but I kept explaining to my sister to explain to the doctors that DUH! That's part of AS. Dumb@$$es in the medical field...I could write the book. Same thing with my neighbor whose kid is diagnosed AS, Bipolar and ADHD. I think the other two diagnoses were based on AS symptoms. I should also add my friend's kid was diagnosed ODD (Oppositional Defiance) because his baby sister died and he wasn't handling the grieving process all too well. Some of these psychiatrists really need to stop abusing their meds they get free samples to. But all those meds cause order and make the world function right? Idiots.

Anyway, I've been called every name in the book at some point, but that's not because I'm AS as much as girls do that. I think AS associated traits, I've been called strange, weird, psychotic and monster when temper comes out, and I'm sure some people called me "Special" behind my back when I was a kid. Control freak is another one, but I still call myself that too. I am a control freak. I also call myself a nerd on many occasions. What can I say, I got nerd pride. Besides, I make nerd look good. My first shirt told me I had a domineering personality, and that's why we didn't get along. I did also think that my Myer's Briggs Personality being an intuitive thinker was why I was so smart in school and why I was so weird in my thought process. INTP's I guess are unique, and I really thought at one point that was what was wrong with me, but it wasn't wrong as much as different. That was probably a healthier way to look at it, because I also believed I wasn't better as much as different. Now that I've discovered it's AS, I do think I'm just better now. :lmao:

turborocker5000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Dec 2008, 12:24 pm

People have mistaken me for being:
A Borderline
Narsessistic
Histrionic
schizotypal
schizoid
(yes, my psychiatrist and numerous psych nurses all together labelled me with 5 personality disorders before I finally got diagnosed properly with AS).

Other things.
Attention-seeker
Munipulator (even though I don't know what that means...)
psycho
idiot
angry (problems with)
Over sensitive
arrogant
Can't get along with people

etc etc

Charlie

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2008, 12:30 pm

turborocker5000 wrote:
Munipulator (even though I don't know what that means...)

Manipulator: Someone who can bend people or objects to their will.