Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 3:12 pm

Anyone find that they cant stop tapping or do something else repetitivly for no apparent reason?

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2008, 3:19 pm

Well, yeah except I'm more of a pacer and a hand-flapper. I don't even realise I'm doing it half of the time. I have restless leg sydrome too. xD I think that most people on the spectrum stim. I have vocal stims too- I'll often repeat the last word of an utterance or start counting for no apparent reason.

Smackerlacker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2008, 10:59 am

When I'm reading something on my computer I tap my trackball on the desk. I also crack my ankles constantly, even when I'm in bed trying to sleep.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Dec 2008, 11:05 am

Yes, I stim frequently. I think this is most common in us that are on the autistic spectrum. I have this thing I do where I can make my thumb pop by pressing it against my middle finger. My wife says I often "pop" throughout the night. I don't always realize I am doing it. I have been doing this stim since about 1978.

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2008, 5:47 pm

I fidget sometimes. I fidget with my trackball ball when I am on my computer. I always fidget with something. Right now I am fidgeting with and F connector on a push on adapter and a 3/4" Socket. The F connector and push on adapter fits inside the square hole on the socket nicely.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

yes. of course. i am always stimming and moving. well- almost always. very rarely am i still. i find being still physically painful - sometimes my lower legs and lower arms will get really pained if i do not move them. try it.......it is hideous.