Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Old_Soul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2008, 8:47 am

I just woke from a bad dream. It is early. The dream was much longer than what I will describe. And was much more detailed and had more meaning than what I will say. But in short, here is what bothered me the most. There was a house that was huge and beautiful. It was run down. A new friend I just met online who is equally beautiful was looking at the house with me. We walked through her huge stately rooms together and imagined the possibilities. The rooms were vast and adorned with
Stradi: Victorian decorations. It was a palace of sorts. I could describe the rooms to be about 80 feet by 80 feet. And the cielings were maybe 35 feet high. The room I am describing was a ball room. There was dust and everything needed some repair. I refused to buy it because of my situation in life. My friend became angry and hurt. …skipping forward in the dream, later my wife and I were invited to a party.
Stradi: The party was to be held in that very home. A neighbor in real life up the road from me purchased the estate. This neighbor lives in one of the larger Victorians that even has a built in pool. She openly tells e people that she feels I am a pervert and a worthless bum. The home was now restored to her former glory. There were many people in the ball room. My wife was mingling. Everyone was so kind to her. I too walked around but felt very uncomfortable. No one wished to speak to me. I became more and
Stradi: more uncomfortable. So, I walked to the bar where the woman who owned the house happened to be. I was going to get my own drink but she asked me what I wanted. I said to her that I only wanted a glass o water. Everyone else was drinking very expensive drinks and of course all drinks were on the house. I did not want to feel I owed her in any way. I was not important nor did I have any value like the others there. She got the drink for me and handed it to me as she said, “Your Life Sucks, Doesn’t It Erick?” I
Stradi: took off running and told my wife I was leaving upset. She refused to go and laughed along with the others. I walked out into the yard and cried alone. Finally after the party, she came out and told me how humiliated she was. I tried to tell her how everyone sees me. Yet I knew she did not understand nor would she ever. She was not the one everyone judged. I knew that woman and all those in the house judged me as a pervert. Yet I did not deserve to be accused in this way. I had done nothing
Stradi: wrong. And yet everyone hated me and felt disgusted I was there. And she judged me because I do not make money of my own. So, I had no means to buy that big home so that I could enjoy my life the way I wished. I felt trapped. And someone else had moved into the home to start my life fresh. And instead of me, she was living the happiness I wished to live. In my dream, I became paralyzed. And then there was that dark creature. I woke screaming and alone in my home. No one is here. And it is very quiet. I
Stradi: know what this dream means. I feel frustrated right now. A part o me wants to begin a new life. But I know I have no means to do so. I want it like I need water. But no one will allow me the ability to take that sip. And I have no means to support my desire. I’m worthless. I’m only a burdon to those around me. I’m a parasite that is undesirable….something that must be removed and discarded. Yet, I crave something new and beautiful. But in order to obtain it, I must become success. And I know I can never have it. I feel stunned as I sit here…. I feel very frustrated.

Old_Soul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2008, 9:24 am

I wanted to also say, I have very intense dreams every time I sleep. I also recall them when I wake. Most of my dreams are nightmares. In my dreams, see in color. I can smell, touch, taste and most importantly hear classical music. In the dream that wakes me, there is always a very dark frightening creature that I feel to be a demon or the devil. I will become paralzyed and scream for others to wake me. Most often, my daughter will here me and wake me or my wife. When I am alone, I attemt to rock my body till I fall out of bed.

Old Soul

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 9:43 am

Old_Soul wrote:
I just woke from a bad dream. It is early. The dream was much longer than what I will describe. And was much more detailed and had more meaning than what I will say. But in short, here is what bothered me the most. There was a house that was huge and beautiful. It was run down. A new friend I just met online who is equally beautiful was looking at the house with me. We walked through her huge stately rooms together and imagined the possibilities. The rooms were vast and adorned with
Stradi: Victorian decorations. It was a palace of sorts. I could describe the rooms to be about 80 feet by 80 feet. And the cielings were maybe 35 feet high. The room I am describing was a ball room. There was dust and everything needed some repair. I refused to buy it because of my situation in life. My friend became angry and hurt. …skipping forward in the dream, later my wife and I were invited to a party.

The huge, beautiful home represents what your actual wishes, aspirations and desires are.. what you probably wish for is having a good relationship with someone to spend your life with. You probably have some huge wishes and desires (the large house) but the fact that is was run down like that represented your fears and the fact that you are afraid you will never achieve your dreams.

Old_Soul wrote:
Stradi: The party was to be held in that very home. A neighbor in real life up the road from me purchased the estate. This neighbor lives in one of the larger Victorians that even has a built in pool. She openly tells e people that she feels I am a pervert and a worthless bum. The home was now restored to her former glory. There were many people in the ball room. My wife was mingling. Everyone was so kind to her. I too walked around but felt very uncomfortable. No one wished to speak to me. I became more and
Stradi: more uncomfortable. So, I walked to the bar where the woman who owned the house happened to be. I was going to get my own drink but she asked me what I wanted. I said to her that I only wanted a glass o water. Everyone else was drinking very expensive drinks and of course all drinks were on the house. I did not want to feel I owed her in any way. I was not important nor did I have any value like the others there. She got the drink for me and handed it to me as she said, “Your Life Sucks, Doesn’t It Erick?” I
Stradi: took off running and told my wife I was leaving upset. She refused to go and laughed along with the others. I walked out into the yard and cried alone. Finally after the party, she came out and told me how humiliated she was. I tried to tell her how everyone sees me. Yet I knew she did not understand nor would she ever. She was not the one everyone judged. I knew that woman and all those in the house judged me as a pervert. Yet I did not deserve to be accused in this way. I had done nothing
Stradi: wrong. And yet everyone hated me and felt disgusted I was there. And she judged me because I do not make money of my own. So, I had no means to buy that big home so that I could enjoy my life the way I wished. I felt trapped. And someone else had moved into the home to start my life fresh. And instead of me, she was living the happiness I wished to live. In my dream, I became paralyzed. And then there was that dark creature.
Ohhh you had to deal with the hag on top of that! I am so sorry.
But what I think happened was that your dream represented all of what you deep down desire, you desperately want to break away from anything that you feel is stopping you from developing but at the same time you are scared of change. Parties in dreams obviously mean pleasures in life and social interaction. These may be things that you really want. And the fact that your neighbor was the one who had the house and the party, and not you makes me think that deep down you feel as much as you want a change or something better for yourself.. you feel that you don't deserve it. She had the pleasure of all of that and you didn't because you felt you didn't deserve it. The people at the party laughing at you also represents that, and pointed out things that are not true, but you believe might be about yourself. Oh and water in any dream, depending on the form always indicates emotion. What did the water look like? Do you remember that much? Sometimes if the water is stagnant looking or murkey, that can indicate that we are depressed.
Old_Soul wrote:
I woke screaming and alone in my home. No one is here. And it is very quiet. I
Stradi: know what this dream means. I feel frustrated right now. A part o me wants to begin a new life. But I know I have no means to do so. I want it like I need water. But no one will allow me the ability to take that sip. And I have no means to support my desire. I’m worthless. I’m only a burdon to those around me. I’m a parasite that is undesirable….something that must be removed and discarded. Yet, I crave something new and beautiful. But in order to obtain it, I must become success. And I know I can never have it. I feel stunned as I sit here…. I feel very frustrated.

Yes you are right, you are right about what the dream means...but those things that you say about yourself are not true. You ARE worth striving for something better than what you have. I am sorry you are having a rough time, but never give up. You never know what could be around the corner for you.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:11 am

I had an interesting dream once:

I was in a forest being chased down by someone with a knife, I disarm him and throw it away and keep running. This forest had a lot of animals in it at one time, but they were all being cleared out to make it more "safe" for people. The forest was basicly being assaulted. As I had almost escaped from the forest, I notice a wolf just off the path, he looks at me as if he is ready to attack, but not going to unless something happens, and I just stare into its eye with bewilderment, and it returns the same stare as if we are both feeling the same pain.

EDIT: I actually am curious as to what this means, and more so the last part with the wolf... To add to it, the wolf was somehow different from everything else in the forest

Last edited by Padium on 17 Dec 2008, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:19 am

Once again, Old_Soul, you have written a very beautiful story.

I'm not sure what to say... you understand yourself so well, better than I understand myself.

I am feeling some of the same things that you are feeling. I too have "lost my soul". Reading your dream helped make my own seem clearer. Your words speak to my own heart, my own problems.

Thank you for posting this, and keep trying. Maybe if you keep writing, you will help yourself and other like me, too.

Here is one question: don't you have a medical degree?

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 10:26 am

interestingly... a lot of our more lucid dreams (and aslo nightmares) do not occur in REM sleep.

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Old_Soul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2008, 10:39 am

ephemerella wrote:
Once again, Old_Soul, you have written a very beautiful story.

I'm not sure what to say... you understand yourself so well, better than I understand myself.

I am feeling some of the same things that you are feeling. I too have "lost my soul". Reading your dream helped make my own seem clearer. Your words speak to my own heart, my own problems.

Thank you for posting this, and keep trying. Maybe if you keep writing, you will help yourself and other like me, too.

Here is one question: don't you have a medical degree?

I have a bachelors in pre med. you are so kind to me. That is such a nice thing to say. I wish I had a friend like you. I could really use a friend.

bonez
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2008, 11:05 am

i dont think i've ever had a nightmare.....could it have something to do with being an aspie?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:07 am

Sleep paralysis is so scary. I've had it only once and never want to do it again. I know it is a natural phenomenon, but at the time you can't remember that and feel terrified.

Old_Soul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2008, 11:23 am

It happens to me every night at 4 a.m. exactly.

Old Soul

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:25 am

What is "sleep paralysis"???

Old_Soul
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2008, 11:30 am

It is horible. Basically, you are in between sleep and being awake. You know you are sleeping but are concious. There is nothingness...just blackness ....you do not know if you are alive or dead. You can not move anything as there is no body to move. you try to move but feel pinned to the ground. Often, a very dark creature will visit you at this point. He is alll evil. and you fear him so much you think you will die from being too close to him. You will scream for those you know to wake you. You will actually scream out their names. And they can hear you. I say, "Mary! Wake me please!! !! !"

Old Soul

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:30 am

Sleep Paralysis

I firmly believe when we are in this state, at times negative entities take advantage of it and that explains the crushing feeling. I know others would disagree but this is what I firmly believe. I haven't had an incident like that since last January because every night now before I go to sleep, I tell any being that is not welcome around me to leave. And I have not had an incident since..

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:39 am

lionesss wrote:
Sleep Paralysis

I firmly believe when we are in this state, at times negative entities take advantage of it and that explains the crushing feeling. I know others would disagree but this is what I firmly believe. I haven't had an incident like that since last January because every night now before I go to sleep, I tell any being that is not welcome around me to leave. And I have not had an incident since..

Sorta like having a sudden inability to do anything within a dream?

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:40 am

Padium wrote:

I was in a forest being chased down by someone with a knife, I disarm him and throw it away and keep running. This forest had a lot of animals in it at one time, but they were all being cleared out to make it more "safe" for people. The forest was basicly being assaulted. As I had almost escaped from the forest, I notice a wolf just off the path, he looks at me as if he is ready to attack, but not going to unless something happens, and I just stare into its eye with bewilderment, and it returns the same stare as if we are both feeling the same pain.

EDIT: I actually am curious as to what this means, and more so the last part with the wolf... To add to it, the wolf was somehow different from everything else in the forest

Thats an interesting dream. I know that usually when one dreams of being in a forest they are seeking sanctuary. It's peaceful and you won't be disturbed. However, if you dreamed that someone was chasing you down with a knife then you feel as if someone is violating you and your safe place.. but you stopped him and made it known that this was your safe haven. And the fact that you saw the animals being cleared out means that you were trying to make your safe place as safe as could be. And dreaming about the wolf in that context, the way you described it symbolizes loneliness. What that means is that even though you feel lonely, value what you may consider to be safe. And perhaps being alone may make you sad but you may feel safe that way... is this true?

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:52 am

lionesss wrote:
Padium wrote:

Thats an interesting dream. I know that usually when one dreams of being in a forest they are seeking sanctuary. It's peaceful and you won't be disturbed. However, if you dreamed that someone was chasing you down with a knife then you feel as if someone is violating you and your safe place.. but you stopped him and made it known that this was your safe haven. And the fact that you saw the animals being cleared out means that you were trying to make your safe place as safe as could be. And dreaming about the wolf in that context, the way you described it symbolizes loneliness. What that means is that even though you feel lonely, value what you may consider to be safe. And perhaps being alone may make you sad but you may feel safe that way... is this true?

I should clarify a couple of things:

The animals being clearred out were not harmful, the only potentially harmful thing there was the wolf. It was almost as if I shared the experience of being cleared out with the animal, and the guy with the knife wasn't just after me, but everyone.The people clearing the forest were clearing it for themto be happy with, and I wanted to escape it so I could be safe. I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but it was also set in the winter time, with a snow everywhere, and somepatches where frozen ground could be seen.