Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2009, 2:09 pm

Ok, just a question about the names assigned to us as we reach certain numbers of posts. I had started listing on paper how many posts it takes to reach each name, like 1 post to whatever to be an Emu egg, etc. At 250 posts I became a toucan. I lost the list. Can someone here tell me each name we get and what the beginning number of posts is for each of those names?

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2009, 2:41 pm

Emu Egg 0-8
Butterfly 9-17
Hummingbird 18-24
Tufted Titmouse 25-49
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker 50-74
Blue Jay 75-99
Raven 100-124
Snowy Owl 125-174
Pileated Woodpecker 175-199
Sea Gull 200-249
Tucan 250-299
Dienonychus 300-399
Velociraptor 400-499
Phoenix 500-999
Custom Title 1000+

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jan 2009, 11:59 pm

Thank you Erminea. I had wondered about all the different names and stuff. I had tried to find it on here but had no luck. Again---thank you. :D

Saerain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jan 2009, 4:03 am

Funny how they're all birds, real or mythical, except for the butterfly, deinonychus, and velociraptor, although the latter two are ancestors, of course. I'd ask why, but something tells me it was pretty whimsical.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2009, 5:14 am

glider18 wrote:
Thank you Erminea. I had wondered about all the different names and stuff. I had tried to find it on here but had no luck. Again---thank you. :D

Me too wondered about that. I noticed you about the time I joined this forum and we had the same name for some time. One day I saw you had become a seagull, so then I figured it had to do with the amount of posts. Not that it matters much to me, but it's nice to know how things works.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 6:38 am

To be honest, I don't really see why we have those names. They don't affect anything, yet most forums have them. :?:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 7:06 am

You're welcome, Glider18.

And I liked the names.... but I love birds. Creatures that can fly make me kind of jealous. I know I'm not a kid anymore but (tjah, what to say?) I wish I could fly. Sound a bit childish maybe but the thought still fascinates me until this day.

I'm off.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2009, 7:46 am

Erminea wrote:
You're welcome, Glider18.

And I liked the names.... but I love birds. Creatures that can fly make me kind of jealous. I know I'm not a kid anymore but (tjah, what to say?) I wish I could fly. Sound a bit childish maybe but the thought still fascinates me until this day.

I'm off.

You are not alone. Birds are fascinating creatures, and I often dream that I actually can fly. I like the names as well.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 8:08 am

A bit off topic maybe but the fascination or the dreaming of men about flying made that we can fly nowadays. For over hundred years now, of course. Approx. 500 years ago Leonardo dreamt about it and made some beautiful drawings about this theme. Way earlier there were others with the same sort of dream, I'm sure. And now.... we're heading for (rela. small) machines that can fly a person from a to b. I guess it all starts with a dream. A wish.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 1:23 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
To be honest, I don't really see why we have those names. They don't affect anything, yet most forums have them. :?:

a lot of forums give really stupid looking rank titles because it does make some types post more-meaning more posts for the forum,and the user gets a better rank title to look better than the 'newbie' titles.
some types-like a lot of users in this forum,are not affected by rank title heirarchy,with some close to spamming just so they can design their own rank.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2009, 1:41 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

a lot of forums give really stupid looking rank titles because it does make some types post more-meaning more posts for the forum,and the user gets a better rank title to look better than the 'newbie' titles.
some types-like a lot of users in this forum,are not affected by rank title heirarchy,with some close to spamming just so they can design their own rank.

Well, I certainly don't care anymore, whatever. We are what We are, and that's it. I'm sick and tired of the ignorance in this forum. I might as well delete my profile

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 2:22 pm

mosez wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

Well, I certainly don't care anymore, whatever. We are what We are, and that's it. I'm sick and tired of the ignorance in this forum. I might as well delete my profile

mosez,
dont understand?

havent said users here care about this sort of thing,it's the opposite have seen happen here.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2009, 4:00 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
mosez wrote:
KingdomOfRats wrote:
SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

mosez,
dont understand?

havent said users here care about this sort of thing,it's the opposite have seen happen here.

Ok! Today I feel more balanced. I did not quite mean what I said, and the names are quite funny, but they are not important to me. I mean, it's okay to have them, cause it gives some clues on being a newbie or not and so on.
What I really ment to say, was that If I really posted just to rise in rank, it would be better to delete my profile. I have to relate to something in a topic, or I try to rise meaningfull new topics. If not it's all in vain. Think I was a bit clearer now? :D

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 6:54 pm

cool finally i know

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 7:08 pm

The pheonix rank is symbolic: can anyone se why?

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2009, 11:00 am

Padium wrote:
The pheonix rank is symbolic: can anyone se why?

Off cause, the way I see it, anyway; By the time you have the phoenix rank, you have hopefully gained so much experience, that you can rise from the ashes, like the original phoenix?