Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 7:32 am

What is currently your favorite stim?

Mine is listening to Jeffree Star, ^_^ a month of listening to just Jeffree and I don't plan to listen to anyone else for a long time.

lexis
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2009, 11:30 am

Mine has always been and always will be pacing/running up and down without purpose. xD It freaks everyone else out though. I used to be fond of headbutting people too, until I figured it unacceptable.

My current favourite verbal stim sounds somewhat like 'the same, the same, the same etc', and was previously 'yes, ok, yes etc' at the end of every imperative or interrogative utterance :?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:41 am

Pacing, and my swingset for hours on end. It's kind of part of my routine, I just have to do these in between a change of activity.

I also like curling up into a ball under a bunch of blankets, with a pillow over my head with the same song on repeat on my iPod. I also really like to push the palms of my hands into my eyes and rock.

I don't know, those are just my favorites I suppose.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:57 am

rocking,dont think it ever changes.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:59 am

I used to thump loudly my feet on the ground whenever I sat on a chair, I'm trying to stop that so I'm rocking more and more... I only did that when I was alone before, now I do that almost all the time :lol:

I like to listen to the same music again and again too.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 12:00 pm

Pacing around on my tip toes.

RandomKid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 12:39 pm

Lately I have been hand flapping. It calms me down and my case manager said if it helps me go for it. I also like to listen to the same song over and over. Run around/ pacing around the house is fun too. My mom doesn't really like ti when I hand flap and stuff. She kinda thinks I can help it. My problem is I'm so high functioning that some people think I have control over these things- my case manager. Spinning on a swivel chair is fun too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 1:45 pm

Watching snowflakes fall from the sky.

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

Sretching my down eyelids or pressing very hard on my eyelids. It feels incredibly good to me.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jan 2009, 2:08 pm

I tend to flap my hands a lot...I also pace...and toe-walking is a stim for me (usually during pacing).

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

04 Jan 2009, 2:29 pm

Exercising facial muscles, which in turn makes random facial expressions. Done it for years. Also wiggling ears, and rubbing my face on "feely" things.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2009, 11:19 pm

Smells. I've developed an interest in the smell of my clothing mostly, since it's the most convenient thing I have when I'm in public. Of course, I don't do that so much as I used to when I was younger.

If I'm not sitting cross-legged, I tend to move my feet a lot. This couch is bouncy too, so I tend to bounce.

Of course I have others, but those 3 are probably my most common ones.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:21 pm

touching a dog's nose, love the wet and cold feeling

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jan 2009, 11:24 pm

Mine are typically ankle related. If my feet are on the ground I tend to use my ankle to bounce my knee up and down. If I am laying down or sitting in a recliner with my feet in the air then I tend to wiggle my foot back and forth rapidly. Other times I will whirl my foot in a circle which causes my ankle to make a cracking noise. (My family hates that.)

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 11:38 pm

Making cracking sounds with my leg, neck and fingers. I did this a lot at school and it would gross people out.
I also lick my top tooth which makes a clicking sound, which irritates people, especially on a train.

I don't think I flap my hands or ever have.

Weather
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2009, 11:46 pm

Mine is that I have to have something in my hand. I like squishy things as long as they aren't slimy. I like squishing ground beef but unless I am making hamburgers or something it is out of question, unless I want to carry raw ground beef to college which would probably stink in an hour. I would like to get some of that Floam or Moon Sand stuff.

I also like to take a piece of dirt and roll it around on my head, yeah it's weird but it relaxes me.