Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

lostinparadise
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2009, 2:07 am

i am good at math through a lot of practice.when some one shows me how to solve a problem and tell me to solve similar one i have to look for the prev one to get clue.and it takes time,if i dont get to see prev along with doing the recent one i cant solve it.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 2:47 am

I know personally that my brain is not very good at switching tasks... at least not compared to a number of other things I do... So for example if I'm sitting at the desk working on a piece of software, it's often rather difficult for Tiffany to get my attention and sometimes even when she does and I'm looking at her, I still have difficulty focusing on what she's saying and sometimes she has to repeat instructions several times before I figure out what she's asking me for (i.e. "hand me the phone" ... "phone" ... "phone" ... "thank you"). (Because I recognized that she asked me to hand her something but it took me several tries to figure out what.)

My guess would be that in order for you to do the first math problem you have to tune yourself into a hyper-focused state like I often do when I'm working. Then when the 2nd problem is given to you, you're still tuned into the mental state you were in when you were focused on the previous problem... and it's taking you some time/effort to switch gears to focus on the new problem... It could also be that similarity to the previous problem causes some unusual hiccups in your working memory because of the hyper-focus.

That's all I got.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:01 am

I think that you have developed your own way to work out math problems, so when someone shows you how to work out another in their own way you have no idea, unless you go back to your original way of working out a math problem, and you can solve the new problem because you already worked out to solve the old one.

If that makes any sense.

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2009, 3:24 am

That is how I learned to do division when I was in 4th grade. I had to have an example in front of me.

TheMaverick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 4:11 am

than i would say you are not food at math.
being good at math means you can do the math with limited explaination. It would come to you alot easier than to have to keep looking back at something

shantonu
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2009, 6:27 pm

apu 2mi bishash koro amio evabe math kori...engineering study te evabe pora khub kothin bt etai amar technique...ekhn ami jani j aspie der mathar hard disk er space NT der cheye onek boro hoy...so ami 1bar kono type sikhle setar referrence gula khub valo mone rakhte pari( i mean kothai poresilam) ebong pore 1tar sathe arekta jora lagiye kaj korte pari...

eta kono limitation na 1ta ability...sokaike j ckaka abiskar koerte hobe emon kono kotha nai...1joner abiskar kora hoye gele bakider kaj setar upor base kore onno boro machine toiri kora...amader aspie der kaj just setai...amr exm er result khub kharap...bt ami jani ami amader batch er modhdhe best engineer hobo...karon ami sobar cheye onek besi jani...ami instant kono kaj korte pari na bt amake nijer moto kaj korar kisu timr dile ami onek efficient 1ta solution dite pari...

amar jonno net e freelancing kora most probably best job hobe...2mr o ekhn esob nie chinta na kore nijer moto kore efficiency barano uchit...2mi kajta paro naki setai sobai dekhbe...kivabe paro seta keu dekhbe na..