Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2009, 1:06 pm

i today called the hale clinic (alternative clinic, excellent, rather pricey) and the institute of optimum nutrition (ditto-- the ION is a research charity, researches and publishes widely, and has a 'brain' dept- for mental and neuro partients, and said 'fine' when i asked if blood could be taken from my foot rather than arm for tests. http://www.ion.ac.uk/ their books are on amazon, too; eg- optimum nutrition for the mind.. . . this may help, ive just- you know- never got round to buying it...).

does anyone have any experiance of natrupathy, homopathy, diets etc? ive been treated for depression before at the royal london homeopathic hosptial (NHS) (pre a/s diagnosis) where i has REALLY bad reactions to everything (aparently common in a/s patients, but not knowing taht at the time, i was really disturbed).
i have tried gluten/ casin free diets and become manic/ high (also- pre knowing i had a/s).
even exercise - swimming, gym, yoga, fencing- i became addicted to (5 hrs a day)a nd became really manic from, before going into shutdown.

is there anything else? the main problems i have are weird thought pathways (stop thinking down a route- or unable to change routes), problem being around other people,a nd sensory problems.

any herbs?
anything??

alba
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 1:31 pm

tai chi, acupuncture, rescue remedy [ck out other bach flower remedies]
and for when you feel like you're getting sick - golden seal/echinacea

magnesium
balanced B-complex--- usually has magnesium stearate or stearic acid [make sure it is vegetable sourced]
vitamin D and get out in the sun

stay hydrated
don't eat a lot of fish as it has toxic mercury nowadays

philosopherBoi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2009, 2:13 pm

alba wrote:
tai chi, acupuncture, rescue remedy [ck out other bach flower remedies]
and for when you feel like you're getting sick - golden seal/echinacea

magnesium
balanced B-complex--- usually has magnesium stearate or stearic acid [make sure it is vegetable sourced]
vitamin D and get out in the sun

stay hydrated
don't eat a lot of fish as it has toxic mercury nowadays

Actually fish has always had mercury in them, the levels are actually within safe limits for the most part the PCBs are the danger they can really mess things up.

misslottie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2009, 7:56 am

thanks- i will look into acupressure/ puncture.

Wurzel
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2009, 8:04 pm

I am trying the orthomolecular approach outlined in the book "Brain Allergies". It might be considered holistic, it certainly is against toximolecular medicine (drugs). It emphasizes:
1. A diversified four day rotation diet.
2. Nutrients particularly vitamin C and a vitamin B complex.
3. Pancreatic enzymes. These are used to help digest proteins since proteins that aren't fully digested (peptides) can cause inflammation and additionally can cause an amino acid deficiency.

In addition I am on the paleolithic diet which is a low toxin, high nutrient diet.