Autism/Mercury link - not in vaccines?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 10:18 pm

See for yourself:

http://www.bevnet.com/news/2009/1-28-2009-mercury_HFCS

I've always been opposed the the chemical s**t they put in our food.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 11:53 pm

Okay, now we're really reaching.

For those who don't care to do any actual research, here's a short description of mercury poisoning:

Quote:
Common symptoms include peripheral neuropathy (presenting as paresthesia or itching, burning or pain), skin discoloration (pink cheeks, fingertips and toes), edema (swelling), and desquamation (dead skin peels off in layers).

Because mercury blocks the degradation pathway of catecholamines, epinephrine excess causes hyperhidrosis (profuse sweating), tachycardia (persistently faster-than-normal heart beat), mercurial ptyalism (hypersalivation) and hypertension (high blood pressure). Mercury is thought to inactivate S-adenosyl-methionine, which is necessary for catecholamine catabolism by catechol-o-methyl transferase.

Affected children may show red cheeks and nose, erythematous lips (red lips), loss of hair, teeth, and nails, transient rashes, hypotonia (muscle weakness), and photophobia. Other symptoms may include kidney disfunction (e.g. Fanconi syndrome) or neuropsychiatric symptoms (emotional lability, memory impairment, insomnia).

Thus, the clinical presentation may resemble pheochromocytoma or Kawasaki disease.

And what in this, precisely, puts one in mind of autism?

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 2:41 am

Just because you can measure it does not mean the level is so high that it poses a threat. The methods and equipment used for the measurement of trace metals in food, drink and water have improved so much over the years that very small traces can now be measured. It is the case that almost anything can be found in almost any sample.

It is quite easy to detect uranium in sea water, it is always there at trace levels. But it does not mean that if you swim in the sea that you will damage your kidneys with uranium.

In the case of mercury in the sugar, I think that it should be eliminated but for a different reason. I am hopeful that the mercury based process for making caustic soda and chlorine will be banned all over the world. This process is not environmentally sound, and the more modern diaphragm or membrane cells which does not use any mercury metal should be used for make chlorine and caustic soda.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2009, 2:51 am

I shoot my sel;f up with mercury every day