3. I have no friends
4. I am dumb
5. I am boring
7. I have aspergers.

Since
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2009, 6:47 am

Plastic surgery or make-up; affectations; lots of people in the world, odds are good; not really related to quality of life; affectations again; not really the worst of your problems.
Uh, I mean, maybe stop wallowing in self pity, uh, I mean, "there there"?
Don't really know what you want, so hedging my bets.

Last edited by Since on 19 Feb 2009, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 6:48 am

Let's go systematic through your list:

Jsmitheh wrote:
1. I'm ugly

We are all born with the body we have, but we can do a lot about this. Reasonable clothing (ask someone trustworthy!) and perhaps reducing food intake or some physical activity helps here a lot.

Jsmitheh wrote:
2. I have no personality

You would be the first human without a personanlity.

Jsmitheh wrote:
3. I have no friends

Something you can change!

Jsmitheh wrote:
4. I am dumb

Obviously not - really dumb people do not realize that they are dumb.

Jsmitheh wrote:
5. I am boring

First - there is no law that you need to entertain and anyway how do define "boring"?

Jsmitheh wrote:
7. I have aspergers.

Make some arrangements in your live and look for a place where this not a real problem, perhaps even a plus.

ghfreak13579
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2009, 10:01 am

You don't want to be like me and be hard on yourself. You can change yourself in a lot of these ways and you're not any of the stuff you said you were.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 10:08 am

Jsmitheh wrote:
1. I'm ugly
2. I have no personality
3. I have no friends
4. I am dumb
5. I am boring
7. I have aspergers.

I've been through all of that myself. Each item on your list has at one time on the menu of my self-loathing.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 10:11 am

sounds like a typical aspie respond, i understand how you feel... How old are you?

FlamingYouth
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2009, 10:22 am

I'm sorry you feel that way. But don't worry. Things will get better, soon. At some point you'll realize that your Asperger's is a plus in some ways, and you'll be able to use you Aspie advantages to help others and help yourself feel better.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 10:27 am

Jsmitheh wrote:
1. I'm ugly
2. I have no personality
3. I have no friends
4. I am dumb
5. I am boring
7. I have aspergers.

1. pff. "ugly" doesnt exist. your looks probably dont fit the current mass-media model. reality is separate from this, and if you're lonely, and think it has to do with looks, just know that it doesnt. ugly or not, looks never dictate much of how someones life is going, unless your SEVERALY deformed, like, missing the skull-cap or something.

2. your personality is what you are. if you dont have a personality, then you are not. 2+2 = you have a personality.

3. hang around the forums long enough to change that :]

4. dumb people say "i am smart" :)

5. cant help you there, do more outrageous and insane things? run outside naked, that will fix your boringness. i am boring too :)

6. ?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 10:57 am

Dussel wrote:

Jsmitheh wrote:
5. I am boring

First - there is no law that you need to entertain and anyway how do define "boring"?

A bore is a person who talks about themselves when you want to talk about yourself :wink:
I know of 2 ways to be interesting:
1. Take a keen interest in what the other person wants to talk about. That definitely works but if I take it to excess it gets too one-sided and boring for me. I'm too self-centred and ADS-like to keep it up for long, though if the other person reciprocates fairly equally (rare!), it can be really nice. Most people love attention.
2. Limit social outreach to those who are likely to have interests in common with you. That way, you can have your cake and eat it, because you'll both be interested in what each other has to say about the common favourite subject.

For the rest of your points (and that one), try a little arrogance. I believe in myself because I don't feel I have any choice - if I accept that I'm no good then I've lost the game of life before I start. So I take it as read that I'm basically OK. The worst that could happen is that I might turn out to be wrong, but if that's the case, like I say, I've already lost whatever I think of myself. There is no objective "worth index" that can be assigned to a human being, so why not quit measuring it and just play to win? If you run yourself down, others will help you to do just that. Focus on your strengths.

By the way, I spent a lot of my youth worrying my guts out about whether I was handsome or ugly. Eventually I learned that it's my behaviour that matters a lot more to people. Aspies tend to have an alternative view of beauty anyway, in fact it's only the mass media and one or two thickheads who still revere these ridiculous stereotypes of the ultra-attractive man or woman.

Iblis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2009, 11:58 am

Sure you have personality, you just dunno how to express it, like me.

Iblis
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2009, 12:14 pm

My life sucks too tho... :p

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 1:42 pm

My life used to suck. Now it only sucks sometimes, which I think is fine because life is never going to be perfect.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:10 pm

My life sometimes sucks, but only until I compare it with those lives suck worse than mine. My mother, God bless her, always encourages me to keep things in perspective.

Hawthorne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2009, 3:14 pm

Life sucks man :( It always has and always will

Everyones life sucks at the moment, the economy, Crime rates, its all falling apart

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:15 pm

Well, yeah, but then you get depressed about how other peoples' lives suck. You read one article about AIDS orphans in Africa and you'll feel depressed and helpless all day, because you know very well there's nothing you can do but send money to people you don't even know will use it properly to help actual people, and even then the relief organizations can't do much to solve the problem because it's already so widespread that it can't be fixed, or at best won't be fixed for ages and ages...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2009, 3:17 pm

Callista wrote:
Well, yeah, but then you get depressed about how other peoples' lives suck. You read one article about AIDS orphans in Africa and you'll feel depressed and helpless all day, because you know very well there's nothing you can do but send money to people you don't even know will use it properly to help actual people, and even then the relief organizations can't do much to solve the problem because it's already so widespread that it can't be fixed, or at best won't be fixed for ages and ages...

We can do no great things, but only small things with great love.