**Warning**April is "Autism Awareness Month"

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 1:18 pm

Chico came into my life in the April of 2003. I've celebrated Easters in many Aprils. I disagree with what Autism Speaks stands for, but they're not going away. This year, I'm going to ignore that propaganda machine and have a good April.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 1:22 pm

April is my birthday month.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 1:26 pm

And I'll be celebrating the April birthdays of some WP members. Why stew when I can celebrate?

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 9:16 pm

April is the birth month of a lot of my favorite athletes:

John Landy, Australian runner
Haile Gebrselassie, Ethiopian runner
David Ferrer, Spanish tennis player

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2018, 10:10 pm

I'm so glad I don't live in Toronto where the CN tower "lights it up blue". I will do whatever I can to tell NTs it's a bunch of male-bovine-excretment, why puzzle ribbons are the equivalent of Swastikas, and why it needs to be autism acceptance.

Not that most NTs will listen. :x

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 12:44 am

The puzzle piece posters would be great for target practice.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 2:05 am

I hate the damm puzzle piece but it is not the equivalent to the swastica. Being confused about a group of people is not the same as bieng part of systimaticlly eliminating a group of people. Sure thinking of a group of people as a puzzle piece could lead to genocide. With the it is not about could, but did and defiantly want to again.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2018, 3:39 am

Crocodile wrote:
I feel glad we don't have Autism Speaks in the Netherlands. But alas, here people have a very negative image of autism and asperger's, as if we are all ment to suffer throughout our lives, and as if we are hardly able to make a living or to live on our own.

A short while ago a 14 years old autistic boy murdered his parents. A court journalist (who sends tweets about lawsuits in the Netherlands) said that autism is dangerous. I assumed that he read the verdict well (also he and I read the verdict) but then I see that the boy has issues (very bad relation with his parents and depression) which the court journalist seems to ignore. If I would follow his logic:
- People who has bad relation with their parents are dangerous. Of course not true;
- People who has depression are dangerous. Not true either.

What he wrote is stigmatizing towards autistic. I made him very clear in a tweet, that not all autistics are like that. What I write above, I also wrote in a reply tweet to him.

Goldilocks
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2018, 4:31 am

I never knew people were trying to cure autism

I'm kind of shocked and appalled.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 7:37 am

I thought April was Fool Awareness Month.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 10:03 am

I'd like to get a permanent marker and write on the blue puzzle piece, "Now, you listen to ME!"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 10:05 am

Should I also write Bastards onto the piece as well?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 10:09 am

hmk66 wrote:
Crocodile wrote:
I feel glad we don't have Autism Speaks in the Netherlands. But alas, here people have a very negative image of autism and asperger's, as if we are all ment to suffer throughout our lives, and as if we are hardly able to make a living or to live on our own.

A short while ago a 14 years old autistic boy murdered his parents. A court journalist (who sends tweets about lawsuits in the Netherlands) said that autism is dangerous. I assumed that he read the verdict well (also he and I read the verdict) but then I see that the boy has issues (very bad relation with his parents and depression) which the court journalist seems to ignore. If I would follow his logic:
- People who has bad relation with their parents are dangerous. Of course not true;
- People who has depression are dangerous. Not true either.

What he wrote is stigmatizing towards autistic. I made him very clear in a tweet, that not all autistics are like that. What I write above, I also wrote in a reply tweet to him.

What's the name of that jolly joker. Does he have a Facebook account? I have a few choice words for him. If you don't want your damn child, give him to someone who does. That's also why parents should never abuse their children. If you don't want a bad relationship with your child when they're in their teens, don't abuse them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 10:14 am

If you don't like special needs people, adopt a child who doesn't have a disability instead of having sex.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2018, 3:57 pm

Instead of a puzzle piece, I think the symbol should be a cat-a unique, independent minded breed like the Siamese.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2018, 10:07 pm

I think the symbol should either be a rainbow infinity sign or a circle of friends with each person being a different colour.