Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 2:51 pm

If I, say, move my right hand, I can feel something moving up my arm, across the back of my neck diagonally, and up into the inside of the bottom of the back of the left side of my brain.

Also, I feel all the sensitive, soft spots on my head where I could easily be hit on the head and my brain could easily be damaged. I can feel them without touching them. I feel the blood pumping through my brain, and when I lived in a place where I inhaled lots of car exhaust I could feel my brain cells dying.

They say that the brain doesn't feel, but it does sense. And in that way it feels.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 2:53 pm

The only time I've felt my brain is when I've gone past the second knuckle.

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Mar 2009, 3:12 pm

I didn't think people could feel their brains because there are no sensory nerve endings on the outside. Something like that anyway I'm only going from what I've read before. People have brain surgery when they are awake because they can't feel their brain being poked at and the surgeons can check if the patient is still normal by asking them questions during the surgery.

Sometimes I feel the blood pumping around my head, especially at night when it's quiet. I don't see it as my brain feeling anything though.

Ascidian
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2009, 3:15 pm

The brain has no touch or pain sensing cells.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 3:29 pm

I know that the brain has no sensory nerves but I can 'sense' where certain things are happening when I'm rellay in the groove about something even though this is supposed to be impossible. I'm also pretty sure that I can tap into those areas where the motor control for my arms and hands are but that's for another threads maybe.

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 3:50 pm

Sometimes I can feel my brain 'tingling'.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 3:51 pm

Now that you make me notice it, yes. Maybe it's all in my head(pun).

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2009, 4:29 pm

robo37 wrote:

SAME! I thought I was the only one.
I was once reading the warnings on the MS keyboards and it said if you feel a tingling sensation then get off the computer or something.
EMZ=]

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 4:30 pm

You could be noticing blood vessels in your scalp and skull and around your brain, which makes sense because some of those vessels are connected to it. But yeah, the brain doesn't have sensory nerve endings; so you won't be getting any messages from it directly.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2009, 4:51 pm

Well, that would be the neurons you're feeling - the synapses and action potentials. I feel those too sometimes. There are little pulses of electricity. I'd say it's impossible to know if I feel my brain though. I feel all sorts of things in my head, but that is not necessarily 'feeling my brain' - it can be tightness of bones and blockage of fluid (according to my cranial osteopath, anyway - she does things that loosen the tightness and I feel a difference).

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2009, 5:12 pm

Emor wrote:
robo37 wrote:

SAME! I thought I was the only one.
I was once reading the warnings on the MS keyboards and it said if you feel a tingling sensation then get off the computer or something.
EMZ=]

The only time I've heard someone else talk about sensations in the brain was someone describing "little electric shocks" in their head. I knew exactly what he meant. I'd liken it more to little elastic bands snapping. It's a sharp, very local feeling, but one that stuns you a bit. It's not painful, but it's kinda disturbing.
Also if I'm overloaded, I feel like there's white noise or churning water inside my head which makes it impossible to think clearly. That's a very physical sensation as well. In fact, that one is painful.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2009, 5:15 pm

Oh yes; I got brain zaps going off Celexa.

TheSpecialKid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2009, 5:29 pm

I too, can sometimes "feel" where the different things in the brain happens.
Funny.. :P

It happens especially when I'm thinking hard about something.
Also when I'm sensory overloaded, any input (especially sounds), feels like it's happening right in the back of my head.
Then I can't judge distance of sound, and can have a really hard time understanding what people tells me.

Psiri
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2009, 7:08 pm

Ana54 wrote:
Oh yes; I got brain zaps going off Celexa.

Yep. That was the situation when I was having them, and the fella I talked to about them was on some medication. I also sometimes get them when I'm calming down after overloading.

hester386
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2009, 8:54 pm

Can I feel my brain? No. If I did I would probably freak out.

Last2Know
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Mar 2009, 9:11 pm

garyww wrote:
I know that the brain has no sensory nerves but I can 'sense' where certain things are happening when I'm rellay in the groove about something even though this is supposed to be impossible.

TheSpecialKid wrote:
I too, can sometimes "feel" where the different things in the brain happens.

Coming out of lurkdom, and actually posting for the first time because I am amazed to find others who can feel this. I thought I was the only one, or imagining it. I was just telling someone last week that when I think very hard about a subject or a memory, there are times when I could point to a place on the top of my head, and a place on the side of my head, and the thought is coming from the intersection of those two points. Good to know I'm not alone.