Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SomebodySmart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

It would be comical if it wasn't so tragic. They're really serious. They call it a disorder.

Imagine a pimp forcing a girl into a brothel and then wondering why she is not happy. Imagine him and the madam having a talk with her about her anti-social behavior. Doesn't she understand that this is how it works? Gimme a break!

They hire gun-toting goons in bulletproof vests as weapons by which to intimidate the guy into attending the sessions of a government-run indoctrination center, so he can learn that he is lucky to live in a free country. They throw him into a classroom full of obnoxious bullies who are furious that he won't cheer for the football team at the pep rally. Bureaucrats are concerned that he is not making friends among his new enemies. His parents figure the problem is with him.

What else can you call them but enemies when they introduce themselves the first day with a barrage of intrusive interrogation, ("Where did you go to school before? Where are you from? What nationality are you?") and then treat his reply, ("That's none of your business!") as fighting words? Would an escaped prostitute want to tell her workmates where she used to work?

He thought it would be better once he escaped the government-run indoctrination center into the workforce, but the workmates treated him no better. ("Where did you work before? What kind of music do you like?") They asked him who he voted for and when he told them, they played that taunt where they squint, look puzzled and ask, "Who-o-o?" as if it was his fault they are uninformed about the candidates, and his job to teach them political science. They are good, obedient sheeple who vote the way their TV tells them to.

If he cannot afford his own apartment, he has to live among busybodies who give him a hard time about how much time he sleeps or if he isn't eating enough, showing depraved indifference to his right to privacy.

Besides employment, he has another major need. Last time he had a date, it lasted eight minutes. She turned on her interrogation machine, ignoring all his attempts to deflect her questions gracefully. ("Where did you grow up? What do you do for work? What astrological sign are you?")

Last time he had a girlfriend, it lasted until she wanted him to attend her friend's birthday party. Last time he was tricked into attending a birthday party, half the guests spent the time smoking cigarettes to poison him and the other half spent the time interrogating him. This time, the answer is no, but she won't take no for an answer. How hard would the baseball bat have to strike her, for her to stop? What part of NO does she not understand? He cleverly phrased the ultimatum to comply with local laws: "If you try to force me into your car against my will, I will defend myself by any necessary means."

That's what it takes to be left alone these days. She backed off but also broke up with him, which of course was her sovereign right.

They should try stunts like that in prison. Many a prisoner has learned the hard way that you don't go around asking cellmates what they're serving time for.

They call it a disorder. One symptom is that the guy is exceedingly literal.

BEGIN USA-SPECIFIC CONTENT:
That's the bureaucrats' worst nightmare because it means truthfulness.

They say the USA was set up as a democracy. Truth is, it was set up as a republic. In a republic, you have constitutional rights going far beyond the right to vote, which is the right a democracy guarantees. Truth is treason in the empire of lies, and if you cannot get a jury to convict him or treason, get a bureaucrat to diagnose him with a disorder.

They say the First Amendment gives you the right to freedom of religion. Truth is, that was already a right. Truth is, rights are not gifts from the government. Bureaucrats don't want people to understand the truth, so they dismiss people who speak the truth, by calling it a disorder.

How many years have we been fighting a war in Afghanistan? Truth is, I have not been fighting a war in Afghanistan and neither has he. THEY are fighting a war in Afghanistan. Speaking the truth rejects all blame for the government's actions.

"But you elected those people." they lie. They see the flaw in their argument. Some voters elected those people, some persons did not vote but some persons voted AGAINST those candidates and still get accused of electing them.

"They were elected by the will of the people." they lie. As his math teacher explained, a statement has to be true for all cases in order to be a true statement. If people is used in the other sense, then the statement is still incorrect, because an abstract noun such as a people cannot perform mental acts, even though it is common to speak of them as doing so. ("The bank still thinks I work at the factory.") The difference between the truth and the lies serves to benefit the cause of the enemies of liberty, so they do their best at suppressing the truth, accusing liberty supporters of being exceedingly literal.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 2:11 pm

Not Asperger Syndrome or assertiveness.

Try Oppositional Defiant Disorder, and General Anxiety.

You don't have to like how society works, but railing against it and resisting at every turn is not going to bend the world to your will.

Choose your battles carefully, you can't fight them all.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 2:41 pm

I don't see any AS or assertiveness. What I see is the person being very private. I can see why anyone would refuse to say who they voted for. I think it's personal and politics is a strong topic and people can get mad at you for who you voted for and sometimes it damages friendships and relationships between co workers and friends and acquaintances. So why share your political views and whom you voted for? That stuff is personal and I never ask anyone those questions like "do you believe in abortions?" "What do you think of capital punishment?" "Do you like Obama?" anything political. On forums it's different because people have the option to answer it or not but I would never ask anyone directly.

But the other questions weren't so personal and some people are just too private.

What happens when inmates do ask other inmates what they are there for? I always figured this would be a pointless question to ask because who is going to even admit the crimes they have committed? They might all just claim to be innocent but very few inmates are actually innocent. I think it's 10% if I remember correctly.

I don't see anything wrong with not cheering for a game. I didn't always do it. The birthday scene sounded bad.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 4:12 pm

The stuff about the girlfriend is quite disturbing.

Quote:
... How hard would the baseball bat have to strike her, for her to stop? ...

That's what it takes to be left alone these days. She backed off but also broke up with him, which of course was her sovereign right.

Yes it was her right.

But it sounds like he had no interest in a relationship in the first place. Other people are not here to passively meet his needs.

Asking questions about preferences is how people learn about each other. Learning about each other is how they form deeper relationships. "Girlfriend" is generally thought of as a more intimate relationship than "stranger" and that intimacy generally gets established through caring cooperative activity and lots of questions, answers and mutual play.

Baseball bats should really not have anything to do with it, unless they both like baseball and are using the bat to hit a ball.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 4:27 pm

Are you talking about yourself in the third-person point of view ? "He" is you ?

They way you wrote your narrative makes me feel like am reading a cheesy novel.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 5:04 pm

The person in the story doesn't sound like he can accept things as they are. The birthday party is a pretty rough deal, I will say that. But people want to get to know a person for who they are, and it sounds like the person in the story doesn't even accept it and has the inability to enjoy the present moment.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

I don't really like questions either. Because I'm not a normalist type person.

For example, when I was studying philosophy, what I am going to do, tell someone that if we have a moderate form of negative utilitarianism combined with really being serious about better alternatives, that will solve most of the dilemmas?