Aspies save the world! Vaccines do too!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pikkul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2009, 4:24 am

I just joined today. As I was reading the homepage postings I had this wonderful perspective on people with Asperger's being the voice of Autism. All the advocacy work that Wrong Planet has done and is doing, the activism. How awesome it is that instead of taking the "high functioning" to mean you can try to pass, instead to use the analytical and verbal abilities of AS (which in my opinion are often superhuman) to advocate for the entire spectrum. I love what is going on here. And thanks for being on top of the vaccine stuff, my mom and I have been complaining about Jenny McCarthy all week! How offensive to imply that, even if vaccines did lead to Autism which they don't, it would be preferrable to take the chance of your child getting a fatal disease like polio or diptheria rather than have Autism. Have these people really thought that through? Do they know anything about history? Do they understand that people on the spectrum are largely responsible for the amazing teachnology rich life we are living? ARGGHHH!

enough rant, I love the site, thanks Alex for your initiative and for you humor I wish you the best!

-pikkul

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:20 am

I agree.

Thanks, Alex!

I love that this is a strong, thriving forum of people who demonstrate the strengths in the autistic condition.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 1:05 pm

indeed.
viva la revolution!! Aspies are here to smack the "civilised" world into the future :) Banzai Wrong Planet!