Page 6 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:46 am

Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:
You said before that you didn't like it when the teachers patted you on the head and treated you just like the glassy-eyed wax dolls.

Yes, so?

Someone above said I was being too harsh.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 1:47 am

timeisdead wrote:
So therefore big government should be able to murder anyone with a disability? What a wonderful society that would be.....

Some people's fathers try to do the dastardly act, so state actors would presumably theorize they may do the same under their parens patriae powers -- not sure, but wouldn't this do in the states' ability to tax scientific advancements and inventions to plug their budget deficits ? I'm not sure they could get enough votes for this proposal, with both sides of the ballot argument stated.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:47 am

:roll:

I better get out of here before i get myself in trouble. :twisted:

Those who know, don't speak.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 1:51 am

Zoonic wrote:
Yes, it would be the best solution. In the future, inherited autism will be removed from the human genes anyway. It's inevitable.

A superficially workable idea, but I'm not sure it holds scientific validity when assessed against the highest order of probability that as the ppb of CO2 causing abrupt climate change increases so too does the rise in evolutionary adaption to such climate change known as the autism evolutionary adaptation. But perhaps some here prefer creationism, or maybe intelligent design ?

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2009, 2:01 am

marshall wrote:
Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:
You said before that you didn't like it when the teachers patted you on the head and treated you just like the glassy-eyed wax dolls.

Yes, so?

Someone above said I was being too harsh.

Yeah, funny how that isn't considered harsh isn't it?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 2:50 am

Zoonic wrote:
I have the social intelligence to make fun of clumsy aspies in public and I did so several times. I enjoy it. Don't assume I'm as socially handicapped as you. My anger is what's making me handicapped. My hatred. It incapacitates me. My social intelligence is working fine.

It is not okay to just be who you are. All forms of ugliness must be removed from the world and autism is ugly. Autists are ugly. I don't want a society where these lesser beings are understood. I want autism erased from the face of the earth.

You don't need much of anything to make fun of someone; it's very easy to make fun of people, even the most perfect of. I don't assume that you are worst than me or that I'm worst than you socially; it's impossible to tell via the 'net. Ok, so you're angry, angry at what? I don't think anger is specific to AS, though distorted emotions are, so you may very well be feeling more than the average person; I feel hate almost constantly, for example, but I rarely feel anger. Even so, there's usually a reason for why the emotion is there to begin with, no matter how strong or weak it is; anger for the sake of anger is something that rarely happens. It's probably a good idea to first figure out why you have this disabling anger, and I assume that it's disabling in that you constantly psychically fight those around you, and you're defiant to orders from others, which leads on to more fights. Anger will only disable you in a few specific ways (even if that's all you think about, it can be put to use by joining the army or something, especially that you're one of those "superior aspies").

That's an opinion; I find ugliness is needed, as it keeps people grounded in reality; life itself is oftentimes an ugly thing, no matter how "perfect" the individual is (and "perfect" is purely subjective). I have Autism, yes, I'm not physically ugly by objective standards, I'm smarter than the majority of people, I work, albeit not to my cognitive potential, and I have friends; how is that substandard? I've never harmed anyone who didn't deserve it. I may not look you in the eye when I talk, but that's only one single area of disability; my memory due to said ASD is a far better trade-off than that.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 4:14 am

Zoonic wrote:
I have the social intelligence to make fun of clumsy aspies in public and I did so several times.

I take it that you are stating that your Social IQ is less that 70? That is the level below which you need help.

Wikipedia wrote:
Social intelligence according to the original definition of Edward Thorndike, is "the ability to understand and manage men and women, boys and girls, to act wisely in human relations"
Thorndike, E. L. (1920). "Intelligence and its use". Harper's Magazine 140: 227–235.

The important words in there are "act wisely".

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 7:49 am

Zoonic wrote:
I believe as much as 50-60% of all people diagnosed with AS are in fact autists in some form who have been misdiagnosed.

I think you got AS all wrong. You said you could do all those things as child which would at first point to that you're misdiagnosed with AS. You don't try to implore that possibility obviously or figure out in what ways you displayed enough of those significant impairments in childhood already.

So why is it important to you to stay AS?

Does it give you some kind of specialness you can't have without the label?

Why not really take a look in what ways you have AS, in what not, what's typical about your for AS and what's clearly not fitting AS?

You seem to like the label too much. I am curious about what you think it gives you? Confidence? Are you scared of people told you you weren't really autistic? Are you afraid of being less than perfect? What is it that you cannot study AS?

Why not have an objective look at yourself, your childhood and compare yourselves to the criteria instead of making an illogical claim that you are AS despite, claim you don't actually have AS symptoms and expect others to fit your type of odd definition of AS?

Zoonic wrote:
The criteria should be remade so that it's impossible for HFA to fall within AS as they do today.

It is, if you are able to read. From evidence around here, you are able to read.

Right now though it sounds as if you haven't heard of the criteria ever.

The criteria clearly state that a person who fits the criteria of classical autism, fits "HFA" cannot be diagnosed with AS.

It cannot get any clearer than that if you would take your time to think about this. You fit the criteria or you don't.

That's perfectly clear unless people come around and do what you do right now - ignore the criteria.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 9:25 am

lau wrote:
Zoonic wrote:
I have the social intelligence to make fun of clumsy aspies in public and I did so several times.

I take it that you are stating that your Social IQ is less that 70? That is the level below which you need help.

Wikipedia wrote:
Social intelligence according to the original definition of Edward Thorndike, is "the ability to understand and manage men and women, boys and girls, to act wisely in human relations"
Thorndike, E. L. (1920). "Intelligence and its use". Harper's Magazine 140: 227–235.

Okay, so maybe I don't have social intelligence if it has to equal being considerate. I have the theory of mind to act above other aspies.

I get positive attention from NT's for the way I speak, look, dress, walk, act etc while aspies don't even dare adress me and if they do I make fun of them by making everything they say appear as stupid and if it was wrong to say it. They have no defence against that and will feel reduced, I used this method many times.

One day autism will be "cured", that is erased from the face of the earth when science reaches a certain point.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:46 am

Zoonic wrote:
Okay, so maybe I don't have social intelligence if it has to equal being considerate. I have the theory of mind to act above other aspies.
Ah... act above them, but be below them, I take it?

Zoonic wrote:
I get positive attention from NT's for the way I speak, look, dress, walk, act etc while aspies don't even dare adress me and if they do I make fun of them by making everything they say appear as stupid and if it was wrong to say it. They have no defence against that and will feel reduced, I used this method many times.
Yes. It sounds as if you put on quite an show. And the point of this behaviour would be?

Zoonic wrote:
One day autism will be "cured", that is erased from the face of the earth when science reaches a certain point.
Well, you may wish to be cured out of existence, but I do not wish to be. I'm fairly sure that science will advance, but morality will probably keep up with it, so I don't feel all that threatened.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 10:55 am

lau wrote:
Zoonic wrote:
Ah... act above them, but be below them, I take it?

Zoonic wrote:
Yes. It sounds as if you put on quite an show. And the point of this behaviour would be?

Zoonic wrote:
Well, you may wish to be cured out of existence, but I do not wish to be. I'm fairly sure that science will advance, but morality will probably keep up with it, so I don't feel all that threatened.

You're completely wrong, I see no point in discussing it further. "Morality", lol? You won't be alive to see it anyway, you will just be forgotten as one of those who lived a defect life and never attained higher insight because of the damage to your brain limiting you. A faceless plague victim.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 11:31 am

Zoonic wrote:
You're completely wrong, I see no point in discussing it further. "Morality", lol? You won't be alive to see it anyway, you will just be forgotten as one of those who lived a defect life and never attained higher insight because of the damage to your brain limiting you. A faceless plague victim.

I'm sorry you perceive yourself as having a damaged brain. I do not. I am a firm adherent of the idea that autism constitutes a difference in brain organisation, not a defect, per se.

============

To get back on topic: "Is HFA misdiagnosed as Asperger's?" I'd say that the two diagnoses are only distinguished in a quantitative sense, not qualitative. So - yes, misdiagnoses (both ways round) probably occur, but are not very important. I gather there is a move afoot to merge the diagnoses into one - which may be a reasonable thing to do.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 11:51 am

lau wrote:
Zoonic wrote:

I'm sorry you perceive yourself as having a damaged brain. I do not. I am a firm adherent of the idea that autism constitutes a difference in brain organisation, not a defect, per se.

============

To get back on topic: "Is HFA misdiagnosed as Asperger's?" I'd say that the two diagnoses are only distinguished in a quantitative sense, not qualitative. So - yes, misdiagnoses (both ways round) probably occur, but are not very important. I gather there is a move afoot to merge the diagnoses into one - which may be a reasonable thing to do.

Then why do you identify with drooling wax dolls?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 11:56 am

Zoonic,
The description of "drooling wax doll" doesn't fit me at all but I like the idea of of Madam T's House of Wax. It's pretty cool they make these wax versions of people. I would love it if someone made a wax version of me. I would put it in my front yard but only on chilly days.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 12:00 pm

Zoonic wrote:
Then why do you identify with drooling wax dolls?

Now you've lost me.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 12:04 pm

Zoonic wrote:
lau wrote:
Zoonic wrote:

Wikipedia wrote:

You get positive attention because you're intelligent and people with a certain type of humor find your verbal style and grandiosity really amusing and entertaining. I bet it doesn't get you friends who would go out of their way to help you if you were in need though.

I'm neither impressed nor offended by the fact that you bully apsies/autists, it's more like pity. I see you more like I would see a crazed wounded animal that's in so much pain that it claws and tears at anything that comes near. It's pathetic.

I also have a very cynical, somewhat nihilistic view of the world though I mostly keep it to myself. I have a more keen insight and intuition than most NT's I come into contact with. I also have dysthymia with some bipolar symptoms which makes me very bitter and irritable at times. I get impatient with people who are slower than me to pick up on things and sometimes I ridicule/mock them. Only I don't feel powerful and proud of myself afterwards. That's just small-minded and doesn't reflect a person with intelligence or character. I feel ashamed of myself.

Last edited by marshall on 21 May 2009, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.