Page 5 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 12:49 am

"You don't know my life story so quit pretending that you do"

Was the comment directed to me ? Or was it one-way to a Wall ? If to me, please know, I made no such conjecture or speculation yeah or neigh regarding your life story. I would not be so presumptious to engage in such a transgression, real or perceived.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 12:50 am

Michjo wrote:
Quote:
I don't think you can comprehend being diagnosed with AS as a child
Although i've agreed with most of what you've said and i agree there can be dangers to diagnosing a child with autism, i don't think you appreciate what it is like to live well into your adult years and then recieve a diagnosis. You say you were diagnosed at 12 years old? that's very young. At that age you can still get away with being an odd-ball. At twelve people might think you have your quirks, but they don't see you as weird, they see a personality. Of course you could still fit in with your NT peers, of course you connected. Even without a diagnosis you would have slowly been dehumanised, people are very cruel.

I still fit in if I want to. I'm superior to the average aspie trash and just a few years ago I was the much appreciated centerpoint of a mainly neurotypical dance community. I was invited to parties etc. I chose myself to not be a part of it anymore.

I'm not a bullied, ugly, uncharismatic misfit like most aspies. I hate having a diagnosis which connects me with that stereotype as soon as people hear the word "AS".

Believe it or not but I have a very powerful personality OUTSIDE OF THE COMPUTER. I'm charismatic, can speak in public, can make my voice heard but I also get into constant conflicts and this, along with all the mental trauma, made me unable to work. I'm actually far superior to most NT's in terms of charisma and this is well confirmed by many others, not something I just believe myself.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 12:55 am

"Superior acting skills" and "bullies" seem far too paradoxical. If you have "superior acting skills," I am not sure how you identify with Adolph Hitler, since he had no acting skills to speak of. Moreover, his use of pink to color the rivers under the bridges of his watercolors caused such a clash with the colorwheel as to cause speculation among many concerning his other visions for humanity.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 12:58 am

MKDP wrote:
"Superior acting skills" and "bullies" seem far too paradoxical. If you have "superior acting skills," I am not sure how you identify with Adolph Hitler, since he had no acting skills to speak of. Moreover, his use of pink to color the rivers under the bridges of his watercolors caused such a clash with the colorwheel as to cause speculation among many concerning his other visions for humanity.

I'm not Hitler, but I have a very similar base personality type. I have developed differently and I'm also genetically a different person than him.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 1:00 am

I get invited to parties, but I'm afraid I can't dance. But I can paint and draw.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 1:02 am

[quote="Zoonic]I'm not Hitler, but I have a very similar base personality type. I have developed differently and I'm also genetically a different person than him.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I hung around too many stables and acquired the personality type of a horse. My doctors are having some difficulty characterizing it, since there is no "equine" code for it in the DSM-IV-R.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:03 am

MKDP wrote:
I get invited to parties, but I'm afraid I can't dance. But I can paint and draw.

Anyway, my point was that I didn't gradually and inevitably become more alienated with age because of my "weirdness". I had a social peak between 17-20.

And btw, I am needed for the AS science since without people like me making our personalities known, there will be more people suffering. I can help define the future diagnostics criteria.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:08 am

Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:
Sorry if this sounds harsh or patronizing but seriously you have the emotional maturity of a ten year old. If you don't feel like you get enough respect, well that's the reason right there. It has nothing to do with having an AS label or being put in a class with autistic kids. I think that's a subconscious excuse. Acting out and making yourself the center of attention got you friends as a kid because kids like being amused and entertained. It's as simple as that. That isn't real social skills though and it won't help you form lasting social relationships as an adult. You're making excuses to avoid facing that reality. If you don't want to feel like a little pet lamb you're going to have to use your intelligence.

I'm a cluster B personality type, that explains my emotional state. I despise ugly, drooling, sh***y low functioning aspies and I enjoy using my superior acting skills and theory of mind to bully them in public. I don't care if I get banned for this, I just hate those as much as I hate people with down's. The only aspies I can identify with and respect are the really high functioning ones, like Adolf Hitler.

You said you despise being pandered to and treated like you're harmless and innocent and just can't help your ways, so I think my above post was very respectful.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:18 am

marshall wrote:
Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:
Sorry if this sounds harsh or patronizing but seriously you have the emotional maturity of a ten year old. If you don't feel like you get enough respect, well that's the reason right there. It has nothing to do with having an AS label or being put in a class with autistic kids. I think that's a subconscious excuse. Acting out and making yourself the center of attention got you friends as a kid because kids like being amused and entertained. It's as simple as that. That isn't real social skills though and it won't help you form lasting social relationships as an adult. You're making excuses to avoid facing that reality. If you don't want to feel like a little pet lamb you're going to have to use your intelligence.

I'm a cluster B personality type, that explains my emotional state. I despise ugly, drooling, sh***y low functioning aspies and I enjoy using my superior acting skills and theory of mind to bully them in public. I don't care if I get banned for this, I just hate those as much as I hate people with down's. The only aspies I can identify with and respect are the really high functioning ones, like Adolf Hitler.

You said you despise being pandered to and treated like you're harmless and innocent and just can't help your ways, so I think my above post was very respectful.

I didn't say anything about that. I am a very emotional person and it can be attributed to my borderline/cluster B.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:19 am

Zoonic,

It appears that you're suffering from what's commonly referred to as an inferiority complex, which in turn makes someone overcompensate, and overstate their abilities. It's probably something you should look into. This would tie in with your numerous surgeries to improve your physical appearance, as well as your necessity to identify with a group that's at the same "superior" level as you are, and also your excessive criticism of those "below" you.

Last edited by Danielismyname on 21 May 2009, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

MKDP
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 May 2009, 1:24 am

Zoonic wrote:
MKDP wrote:

Anyway, my point was that I didn't gradually and inevitably become more alienated with age because of my "weirdness". I had a social peak between 17-20.

And btw, I am needed for the AS science since without people like me making our personalities known, there will be more people suffering. I can help define the future diagnostics criteria.

All the great scientific breakthroughs and advances are attributable to people with spectrum advantages. I have seen many Aspies at Georgia Tech, tomorrow's astrophysicists and such. I did not formally study science in college, but was an avid reader of Scientific American cover-to-cover by age 5 and read the Harvard Mouse patent verbatim while in law school. I would like to think my social peak is more like Mine That Bird's come-from-behind finish at the Derby, but what do I know about growing up. I am one of those auties who is a perpetual child.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:29 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Zoonic,

It appears that you're suffering from what's commonly referred to as an inferiority complex, which in turn makes someone overcompensate, and overstate their abilities. It's probably something you should look into. This would tie in with your numerous surgeries to improve your physical appearance, as well as your necessity to identify with a group that's at the same "superior" level as you are, and also your excessive criticism of those "below" you.

I have the social intelligence to make fun of clumsy aspies in public and I did so several times. I enjoy it. Don't assume I'm as socially handicapped as you. My anger is what's making me handicapped. My hatred. It incapacitates me. My social intelligence is working fine.

It is not okay to just be who you are. All forms of ugliness must be removed from the world and autism is ugly. Autists are ugly. I don't want a society where these lesser beings are understood. I want autism erased from the face of the earth.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:32 am

Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:
Zoonic wrote:
marshall wrote:

I didn't say anything about that. I am a very emotional person and it can be attributed to my borderline/cluster B.

You said before that you didn't like it when the teachers patted you on the head and treated you just like the glassy-eyed wax dolls.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:33 am

marshall wrote:
You said before that you didn't like it when the teachers patted you on the head and treated you just like the glassy-eyed wax dolls.

Yes, so?

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:37 am

Zoonic wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:
Zoonic,

I have the social intelligence to make fun of clumsy aspies in public and I did so several times. I enjoy it. Don't assume I'm as socially handicapped as you. My anger is what's making me handicapped. My hatred. It incapacitates me. My social intelligence is working fine.

It is not okay to just be who you are. All forms of ugliness must be removed from the world and autism is ugly. Autists are ugly. I don't want a society where these lesser beings are understood. I want autism erased from the face of the earth.

So therefore big government should be able to murder anyone with a disability? What a wonderful society that would be.....

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 1:43 am

timeisdead wrote:
So therefore big government should be able to murder anyone with a disability? What a wonderful society that would be.....

Yes, it would be the best solution. In the future, inherited autism will be removed from the human genes anyway. It's inevitable.