Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2009, 8:25 pm

I have horrible sense of direction. I get lost all the time. Confuse right from left, get lost in new places, get lost in computer game enviroments unless I've played in one area repeatedly. Even still I get lost but at least some of the anxiety wanes.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 9:13 pm

I have no natural sense of direction. But if I pay close attention and take mental notes, and repeat those notes to myself...it helps a lot. If I'm stressed out, it's almost impossible to orient myself directionally.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 May 2009, 9:16 pm

My sense of direction is terrible. No matter how many times people tell me which direction north is at, I always forget. I've lived in the place I do now for almost 12 years & I still get lost in the city.

Saspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 May 2009, 9:23 pm

I have an awful sense of direction and can never orientate myself properly, even if places that I am familiar with. In my office building I still have to think hard about which way the streets outside run in comparison to my desk position.

As I am underwater a lot, I have learned to use a compass (this is especially important when the visibility is bad or I am diving at night) and it has been quite strange to orientate myself to a compass as it feels very wrong.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 10:19 pm

My sense of direction is pretty much off kilter. I've always had trouble distinguishing between north, south, east, and west.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2009, 11:00 pm

I have a very hard time following even the simplest verbal directions, but I am very good with maps, coordinates, compass or azimuth.

rainbowbutterfly
Toucan
Toucan

20 May 2009, 1:11 am

I'm bad with spatial perception. Even though I can orient myself in videogames, it takes me a while to orient myself in new areas. At a school I substituted at as an assistant, there was a 4th grade kid with HFA that was there for his 1st day, and able to orient himself much faster. Also, I'm dependent on a compass to tell me what is North, South, East, or West.
However, I'm okay with orienting myself while I'm in my car. Though, for some reason I just can't park in corners of parking garages, or I might have a rough time locating my car.

EvoVari
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2009, 2:43 am

I have poor sense of direction, especially in shopping complexes and carparks. At times when I leave a specialty shop and I have no idea where I am in relation to the complex levels. Rather a fearful feeling. Not sure wether this is specific to AS or related to abnormalities of my R hemispere.

I did a number of test which indicated I have: Visual spacial processing intergration issues.

MattShizzle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 9:41 am

I have no sense of direction.

typ3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 May 2009, 9:59 am

I'm great at backtracking, but suck at remembering how to get somewhere. Also, don't ask me which way is north... I'll never know.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2009, 2:27 pm

Well, unlike most of the previous posters here, i have something that i only could describe as a "built in GPS" in my head :D

AlexWelshman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Aug 2011, 4:21 pm

I have autism & have a very poor sense of direction. I get very easily lost when I go out to places. In fact: at the moment I can not go out to unfamilia places unaccompinied. I know my way around my local town, but if I've never been to a place, I could easily get lost. But I have CAutistic Disorder (not aspergers), so I can't speak for everyone with AS.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

try googling these phrases:

directionally challenged

topographic agnosia

place blindness

reasoning." --William Blake

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 6:43 pm

This is the 21st century. We have maps. We have GPS systems. We have the internet. How could anyone ever get lost?

mimsytheborogove
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2011, 8:58 pm

I don't have the best sense of direction, but I'm really good at memorizing maps (and I like them). If I know I'm going out of town, I'll study google maps and figure out how to get all the places I need to go ahead of time.

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2011, 9:01 pm

I have no sense of direction at all.