Page 4 of 50 [ 798 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 50  Next

What Is Your Myers-Brigs Personality Type?
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISTJ 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INFP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
INTP 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTJ 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
INTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISFP 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTJ 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
ISTP 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 32

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2008, 8:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
dougn wrote:
Interesting that INTJs supposedly are around 1% of the population, but are 33% of the people who answered this thread.

INTJ: 33%

INTx: 60%

INxx: 78%

Ixxx: 97%

Fascinating... :|

Very.

The 'I???' really doesn't surprise me at all.
I think the most interesting is the heavy '?N??' representation.

99/121 votes.
or 81%
In the average population it's about 25%

L.

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2008, 9:20 pm

INTP

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2008, 2:31 am

* Introverted 78%
* Intuitive 38%
* Feeling 88%
* Judging 56%

INTJ

like most of us...

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2008, 9:04 pm

The Introverted Intuitive Type

The peculiar nature of introverted intuition, when given the priority, also produces a peculiar type of man, viz. the mystical dreamer and seer on the one hand, or the fantastical crank and artist on the other. The latter might be regarded as the normal case, since there is a general tendency of this type to confine himself to the perceptive character of intuition. As a rule, the intuitive stops at perception; perception is his principal problem, and -- in the case of a productive artist-the shaping of perception. But the crank contents himself with the intuition by which he himself is shaped and determined. Intensification of intuition naturally often results in an extraordinary aloofness of the individual from tangible reality; he may even become a complete enigma to his own immediate circle.

If an artist, he reveals extraordinary, remote things in his art, which in iridescent profusion embrace both the significant and the banal, the lovely and the grotesque, the whimsical and the sublime. If not an artist, he is frequently an unappreciated genius, a great man 'gone wrong', a sort of wise simpleton, a figure for 'psychological' novels. Although it is not altogether in the line of the introverted intuitive type to make of perception a moral problem, since a certain reinforcement of the rational functions is required for this, yet even a relatively slight differentiation of judgment would suffice to transfer intuitive perception from the purely æsthetic into the moral sphere. A variety of this type is thus produced which differs essentially from its æsthetic form, although none the less characteristic of the introverted intuitive. The moral problem comes into being when the intuitive tries to relate himself to his vision, when he is no longer satisfied with mere perception and its æsthetic shaping and estimation, but confronts the question: What does this mean for me and for the world?

What emerges from this vision in the way of a duty or task, either for me or for the world? The pure intuitive who represses judgment or possesses it only under the spell of perception never meets this question fundamentally, since his only problem is the How of perception. He, therefore, finds the moral problem unintelligible, even absurd, and as far as possible forbids his thoughts to dwell upon the disconcerting vision. It is different with the morally orientated intuitive. He concerns himself with the meaning of his vision; he troubles less about its further æsthetic possibilities than about the possible moral effects which emerge from its intrinsic significance.

His judgment allows him to discern, though often only darkly, that he, as a man and as a totality, is in some way inter-related with his vision, that it is something which cannot just be perceived but which also would fain become the life of the subject. Through this realization he feels bound to transform his vision into his own life. But, since he tends to rely exclusively upon his vision, his moral effort becomes one-sided; he makes himself and his life symbolic, adapted, it is true, to the inner and eternal meaning of events, but unadapted to the actual present-day reality. Therewith he also deprives himself of any influence upon it, because he remains unintelligible. His language is not that which is commonly spoken -- it becomes too subjective. His argument lacks convincing reason. He can only confess or pronounce. His is the 'voice of one crying in the wilderness'.

The introverted intuitive's chief repression falls upon the sensation of the object. His unconscious is characterized by this fact. For we find in his unconscious a compensatory extraverted sensation function of an archaic character. The unconscious personality may, therefore, best be described as an extraverted sensation-type of a rather low and primitive order. Impulsiveness and unrestraint are the characters of this sensation, combined with an extraordinary dependence upon the sense impression. This latter quality is a compensation to the thin upper air of the conscious attitude, giving it a certain weight, so that complete 'sublimation' is prevented. But if, through a forced exaggeration of the conscious attitude, a complete subordination to the inner perception should develop, the unconscious becomes an opposition, giving rise to compulsive sensations whose excessive dependence upon the object is in frank conflict with the conscious attitude. The form of neurosis is a compulsion-neurosis, exhibiting symptoms that are partly hypochondriacal manifestations, partly hypersensibility of the sense organs and partly compulsive ties to definite persons or other objects.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 7:19 pm

I'm INTJ myself, and recently began participating
in the INTJ forum under the user name "EdmontonAspie".

Botti
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 11:42 am

ISTJ

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2008, 12:58 pm

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
67 75 50 1

-- Ideal Jobs: IT, Computer Programming and Science. Spot on. I'm a software developer with a passion for natural sciences. :D

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

PolarFelidae
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2008, 10:54 am

INTJ
Introverted-78% Intuitive-38% Thinking-75% Judging-44%

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 11:14 am

I'm an ISFJ

Introverted: 89%! ! (I may be the highest percentage yet in this Razz)
Sensing: 12%
Feeling: 12%
Judging: 1% (???) (I thought it would be MUCH higher)

According to Jung, I'm a Guardian Protector type, which I have mixed feelings about. I mean, I do care VERY much for the people I love, but I don't know if I'd take a bullet for them, or set myself on fire to prove my point.

"Their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need."

... :) That is SO me...but so is this...

"ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating (They can't seem to say 'no'). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work, which oddly, is supposed to be a virtue in and of itself."

That's my purpose in life it seems; to serve and to have no regard for my own feelings. :(

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 12:03 pm

Your Type is
INTJ

89 12 62 33

You are:

* very expressed introvert
* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 12:17 pm

Your Type is
INTJ

89 12 62 33

You are:

* slightly expressed intuitive personality
* distinctively expressed thinking personality

InquisitorJL
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2008, 1:56 pm

Well, I seem to be the mode here, being another INTJ. I hate it when I fall in with the crowd.

Introverted - 78
Intuitive - 44
Thinking - 25
Judging - 22

• very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality

Apparently Hannibal Lector and Gandalf the Grey fall into these catergories, as well as George Smiley. So at least I am in the same group as 2 of my favourite characters, and a character from one of my favourite books.

Then again, reading through the description, some parts of it really didn't seem to fit me. To quote the aforementioned, Dr Lector "Do you think you can disect me with this blunt little tool!"

Skelanimal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Sep 2008, 2:22 pm

I can't figure out this quiz. Some of the questions are hard! I normally love quizzes but not this one.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 4:56 am

INTJ

* very expressed intuitive personality
* very expressed thinking personality

I wonder what proportion of INTJs are also left-handed...

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 6:04 am

Also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

I suspected something like that.

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2008, 12:22 pm

INFJ