Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

alone
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jun 2010, 3:54 pm

This is a hard question for me. First of all I feel anxious having any plans. I honestly don't like being around people. I don't like how I feel inside if I talk too much, even if I am excited about the subject. Talking too much gets me too wild, wears me out and makes me feel embarrassed. I've never been around anyone that wanted to know all the information I have on certain subjects. I don't even want to tell anyone. It isn't like the subjects are extremely interesting either, I study, test and time everything. The world is obsessed with making plans...the words..."do something for fun". I have loads of fun taking extra good care of all the tiny things of my life.

:wink:

Brennan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 11:44 pm

Weekends are my downtimes to recover from the week. If I do too much on the weekend, I go back to work completely stressed out. Usually my weekends consist of going to marital arts training, grocery shopping, housework and then doing as little as humanly possible.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

I pass the time on the weekends by sitting in front of my laptop. Surfing the net and/or watching videos I've downloaded off the internet.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:11 am

I am on job-seekers but I work voluntry in a charity shop, so I go there all week - but when Sundays come, I get bored and depressed. My dad lays across the settee watching crap on the telle, and the curtains half closed! Now, how depressing is that? And I've got nowhere to go or nothing to do, except sit in my house with the atmosphere of boredom, or go to my nan's with my mum and my auntie - just to get out of the house.
Now, my nan has Alzheimer's and so you can't have a proper conversation with her any more, and so that just adds to the vicious boredom on Sundays. And I have such a big family (lots of aunts and uncles and cousins), and they all pile down in this tiny little bungalow, and my cousins never want to go out and do anything (we are all teenagers). So sometimes I avoid going down there too, because there's too many people. I would just like to spend the day going shopping with a couple of friends. That'd occupy me, and that'd keep me happy. But, alas - I either fall out with my ''friends'', or the really nice ones move somewhere out of reach, or the rest have other things to do with their own families. And I'm not the type to just aimlessly go walking out somewhere all by myself. Anyway, I HATE being on my own. I spend most of the week getting the bus on my own, and walking here and there on my own. I'd like to do things with other people - but who? All my family just want to sit cooped up in a tiny bungalow. Oooohhh, how depressing!! !! !

The main problem is - I'm looking for a quiet sort of job where I don't have to deal with the public, but those sorts of jobs are just Monday to Friday, and the only job I could get on a Sunday is somewhere where I have to deal with the public. It's like a vicious circle. It's hard being a socially awkward person.

Last edited by Joe90 on 12 Sep 2010, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:16 am

I spend my weekends watching TV and browsing the internets. I actually post on this forum quite a bit on weekends too. I rarely get bored. I always feel alone, though, no matter what day of the week it is.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Edit: woops I already posted here. And said the same thing.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

Weekends arent usually my thing.

I try to get some study done if collegue has started and I try to go to the gym at least one day.
I also enjoy reading and wtching tv/movies on weekends.
I only expend time socilaizing if one of my few friends suggests we do something.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Sep 2010, 4:34 pm

I usually spend Saturdays like any other day, sans medical appointments. I watch a favorite show or a DVD, play Myst, or work on one of my many projects. I am currently going through my book collection and seeing what can be sold on Amazon or E-Bay. I am planning to learn Chinese Calligraphy, because it has always intrigued me. I am also working on two novels, and learning Tai Chi. I rarely get bored. When I do, it means depression is setting in.

Claudio
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Sep 2010, 7:37 pm

I work weekends, but when I have time off and there's nothing to do I spend it on TV Tropes and Idioms. I can lose all kinds of time on that web site.

ScottF
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 3:29 pm

Housework, if I have a project I want to do on my car, I will do that on the weekends. On Sundays I will meet my mom for lunch

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

pwn no0bs on WoW, visit friends, hobbies, go out.

Scotty1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2010, 1:14 pm

I work from home, so I just work and I check out what is happening on the net. Basically I just feel like a spectator to life.
I like weekends less than I like weekdays. They are just lonelier.

Assembly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

I'll clean my apartment, update on the news. If necessary, I study. Otherwise weekends are a great opportunity to work on personal projects like building circuits, assembly or c++ coding as well as sculpturing and painting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

Damn!
I wish I had that as a problem?
What to do on weekends.

One of my two jobs takes up all of my Saturdays.
I cant even participate in a local aspie group because the group only meets on saturdays.

I do an unpaid "job' on sundays hosting a public access radio show.
That takes up a lot of time for preparation.
A labor of love, but it is still labor.

Where do folks find the time to be bored and lonely?

The things I would do if I had free weekends-dancing, day trips, etc.

amaris74

26 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

Weekends can be quite depressing, especially if I see other people out doing stuff with their friends and families, and compare them with how lonely I am. Then I tend to mope until I force myself to do something else, like play on my computer (usually Sims) or with my new Xbox, tidy my room, read or do some digital scrapbooking. Occasionally I go shopping with my parents or other relatives. As you can tell, I'm not very sporty or outdoorsy. Watering the garden is about as outdoorsy as I get! :lol:

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2010, 1:37 pm

I read. I have a few friends online which is nice. I get a little lonely, but it's not that bad.