Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ElmersTrueLove
Toucan
Toucan

09 May 2024, 10:26 am

I have very high anxiety about the future. I fear what will happen when I die, specifically what will happen to my stuff including my "guys" and collections in general. I am worried they will be thrown out or worse if not just as bad, given to a plushphile who gets excited by destroying plushies or doing even worse to them (I fell down a rabbithole through a Build A Bear group and that's my next biggest fear after throwing them out). I want to open a museum dedicated to hypefixation when I die but I doubt it's possible. Also I fear what will happen to family photos/videos, things related to my cats/pets or my devices.

Elmer's wife since 2022

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚+

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 12:08 am

I find it a sad thought that some poor devil will have to clear my house of all the junk I've collected when I kick the bucket. I guess with you, your things feel more like pets, only with real pets somebody usually adopts them. :(

Me, I'm more sad about having to cease to exist, and more scared about the risk of being in increasing pain and knowing I'm going to die. Also the poor service of the NHS or the unaffordability of healthcare in the USA. I hope I go quick and that I don't know anything about it.

Reminds me of the Simon And Garfunkel song:

So I continue to continue
To pretend
That my life will never end
And flowers never bend with the rainfall

Best not to think about death much. It doesn't bother me a lot currently but it used to when I hit certain milestone ages like 40 or 50. I wish I didn't know how old I was. What idiot invented birthdays?