Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 6:25 pm

Any thoughts, rambles, discussions, in depth or not?

Favourites of mine are Cinema Paradiso, Amelie, Shaun Of The Dead, The Rutles

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzj_B8xyCIE&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 6:28 pm

Corpse Bride has been on my mind lately. She reminds me of me!

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 6:32 pm

Helena Bohnam Carter.......still looked great as an animated zombie or in an ape mask :lol:

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 6:41 pm

Mescalero wrote:
Any thoughts, rambles, discussions, in depth or not?

I liked Paradiso, too. I also liked mockumentaries like "This is Spinal Tap" and "A Great Wind"
I heard the other day that Spinal Tap is having a reunion concert at that big whing ding Al Gore and Climate Awareness concerts are having in July.

Merle

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 May 2007, 6:54 pm

Mescalero wrote:

Cinema Paradiso and Shaun of the Dead are two of my very favorites. I love Asian horror, too, such as The Eye, Audition, and A Tale of Two Sisters, just to name a few. Rosemary's Baby is my number one horror film, though. The Deerhunter is stunning. LOVE that Walken.

Last edited by Hamster on 03 May 2007, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 6:57 pm

Spinal Tap is excellent. Havn't seen A Great Wind. Was that by the same people?

"We've got Armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening." Nigel Tufnel

Have you seen The Rutles?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RFxencNmZw&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:04 pm

Cinema Paradiso is great. Rosemary's Baby is a definite creepy film. Loved the first Alien and Terminator in sci fi because I love the gritty b movie effect. They both lost it after that. Bonham Carter is good in anything. She was in a strange Australiam film called Til Human Voices Wake Us. Babette's Feast I like. Dancer in the Dark was good. I still like A Clockwork Orange.

Probably many more if I thought about it. I usually like very quirky films like A Slipping Down Life.

to save me from ruin

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:09 pm

Hamster wrote:
Rosemary's Baby is my number one horror film, though. The Deerhunter is stunning. LOVE that Walken.

I was born when Rosemary's baby came out. the Book was a hot seller at the time, and my moms name is Rosemary. The book was making the rounds at the maternity ward, and she got teased relentlessly. I had "Rosemary's baby" on my wrist tag.

And Walken is my favourite Actor. Here is him dancing in a fatboy slim vid.

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDGAvqwgdk[/Youtube]

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:18 pm

This explains a lot! LOL <ducking>

to save me from ruin

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 7:26 pm

Fuzzy wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Rosemary's Baby is my number one horror film, though. The Deerhunter is stunning. LOVE that Walken.

I was born when Rosemary's baby came out. the Book was a hot seller at the time, and my moms name is Rosemary. The book was making the rounds at the maternity ward, and she got teased relentlessly. I had "Rosemary's baby" on my wrist tag.

And Walken is my favourite Actor. Here is him dancing in a fatboy slim vid.

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hDGAvqwgdk[/Youtube]

lol Rosemarys Baby on your wrist tag.
It is a seriously chilling movie. Mia farrow looked absolutely wired in it. I know she threatened to quit the movie during filming as she was missing Frank Sinatra, her beau at the time.

I love the opening scenes of the Deerhunter, more so than the oft quoted Vietnam scenes. The industrial town (wasteland), orthadox religion, could have been a town in Eastern Europe, like the 1960's never happened.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 7:33 pm

The horror films I like best were made long ago,even before us Dino-Aspies started going to
the movies !
'I Walked With A Zombie' and 'Night Of The Demon' were both in black & white without any
graphic gore or violence,but I thought the atmosphere and tension made then more scary.
Of the more modern films I liked Dead Zone,with our friend Christopher Walken in it.

Wow,it's 01.30 in the morning here.I was staying up to watch election results out of
curiosity.Some of those politicians would be good in horror films

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 May 2007, 7:52 pm

pluto wrote:
The horror films I like best were made long ago,even before us Dino-Aspies started going to
the movies !
'I Walked With A Zombie' and 'Night Of The Demon' were both in black & white without any
graphic gore or violence,but I thought the atmosphere and tension made then more scary.
Of the more modern films I liked Dead Zone,with our friend Christopher Walken in it.

Wow,it's 01.30 in the morning here.I was staying up to watch election results out of

My favorite old black and white horror films, are Village of the Damned, and Carnival of Souls, both of which I saw with my brothers when I was about 8 years old. Carnival of Souls is considered a cult classic.

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2007, 8:09 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
pluto wrote:
the movies !

My favorite old black and white horror films, are Village of the Damned, and Carnival of Souls, both of which I saw with my brothers when I was about 8 years old. Carnival of Souls is considered a cult classic.

I watched Carnival Of Souls again last week, it was on film4. Really odd. Unsettling

I joke with my sister about her 4 year old (my niece). She has blonde wringlets and always takes at least 10 mins till she speaks to me. But all the time she comes over and just stares. She is a child of the Village of the Damned.lol

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 8:28 pm

She was Children of the Corn or Pet Cemetary Child.

to save me from ruin

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2007, 9:53 pm

Probably a lot of old star trek fans in here. Allow me to post something to twist your mind and offend.

[Youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PwpcUawjK0[/Youtube]

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:07 am

Any film by Werner Herzog. One of the great eccentric directors. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser, or Aguirre, the Wrath of God. Might be difficult to find these days. But truly very odd films.