Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 9:36 am

Do you ever get an acute sense of bliss? For me, it would be a rarity, but when it does occur, it can be quite intense.

Let me explain. I woke up early this Saturday morning, just before 7am, and fixed coffee in my French press. Then, still in pyjamas, I almost fell asleep again on the sofa but instead turned on the television (I don't watch watch much tv and never in the morning). Scooby Doo was on! Cartoons :)

Somehow this was a special moment but I cannot actually know why. I've had an eventful week, so maybe a quiet Saturday morning matters more.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

Sounds like some good sensory times. :) hot, fresh coffee, fun cartoon, saturday morning no work, hmmm I can just imagine.

Moments like these make life worth living, even in the darkest times.

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 3:21 pm

Yes, I know what you mean. I had a fleeting moment of bliss like that last week. I got up when it was still night outside, about 5 am I took the cats to the garden downstairs (sunrise is the time they love to go out, so they were elated that I was up). Without the scorching sun, it was still cool and so nice. They romped about, and I fed the stray cats. House cats, strays and I went for a short walk to the end of the garden, to visit the other strays and offered them some food too (they eat at another feeder's station). I took care of the strays, fresh water, cuddling the ones that want it, attention, reassurance, yummy food. When the sun started to get too hot at about 8, I told my house cats we were going home to have breakfast and sleep in the A/C cool air. I started up the stairs, with one of them climbing on each side of me, their beautiful, so white fur in the sunshine, their calm, confident, pampered walk, their tails relaxed and proud, and for about 1-2 seconds I felt this profound bliss. Perfect harmony. Only I know how much hard work and anguish are behind that blissful moment. A year ago, these 2 confident, spoilt-rotten cats were starving, muddy, paranoid, lonely, harrassed, flea-ridden strays. And I was a lonely aspie giving up on life. Now we're a happy family, with a lifestyle and a routine all our own.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2012, 7:35 pm

^
That post just made my day happy.
:mrgreen:

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 2:14 am

Thanks for that, Moondust :) Your cats really make the morning.

We need more blissful moments, yes?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 5:52 am

Yes, I have serene moments.

And always alone when they happen. It's really simple, such as walking outside in a fresh snowfall, and the sound of the world is different ( the 'blanket' absorbs or reflects the sound differently) . The distant train horn projects a different tune along with the the wisps of a breeze, etc. It pushes me into some mental mode of a detailed experience of all this - IDK really how to describe it well. But the feeling transcends with a oneness of some kind - a 'scintillating experience'. (Is it due to a change in something?)

Moondust
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2012, 3:46 pm

I'm not religious, I'm very skeptical of all religion, but there's something in the air in Jerusalem, you feel like someone's walking with you, and like that someone is God... A couple years ago I was on Temple Mount, and the fog, the ancient minarets and mosques, the veils of the muslim women floating in the warm breeze and the distant sounds of the muazzin (Muslim call for prayer) mingling with the Holy Sepulchre bells and the Jewish Western Wall prayers...it was a beautiful moment.

I also had a moment like that once in Rome, while getting off the bus on a sunny afternoon at Piazza del Popolo with my priest friend of then.

You know, those moments when you simply say "I'm happy."

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 3:38 pm

Moondust wrote:
I'm not religious, I'm very skeptical of all religion, but there's something in the air in Jerusalem, you feel like someone's walking with you, and like that someone is God... A couple years ago I was on Temple Mount, and the fog, the ancient minarets and mosques, the veils of the muslim women floating in the warm breeze and the distant sounds of the muazzin (Muslim call for prayer) mingling with the Holy Sepulchre bells and the Jewish Western Wall prayers...it was a beautiful moment.

I also had a moment like that once in Rome, while getting off the bus on a sunny afternoon at Piazza del Popolo with my priest friend of then.

You know, those moments when you simply say "I'm happy."

That's a lovely image. I'm not religious either, but I'd really wish to visit (certain parts) of the Middle East that's so rich in history :) Certain places do have blissful ambiance.