Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

Hi guys... my first post here.

Typical story of an undiagnosed asperger. I am 32 now and diagnosed about 5 months ago. Always struggling all my life, but I am good now. I inherited a bankrupted bussiness that my dad did not manage well and I have been trying to rescue it. 9 people work here (I am in Guatemala Central America) and all have decent jobs and income in a country where minimun wage is $300 a month but most people make $100 to $150 a month. The best paid guy in my bussiness makes $900 in a bad month and up to $1500 in a good month.

none the less all the corrupt goverment agencies have started attacking me as much as they can, just now I have received a $1000 fine for a little mistake of $7 in an invoice.

All of this to say... My country sucks. They dont even know what asperger is, I dont have any benefits and while the public health agency is threating to close my bussines if I dont make some BS modifications that they themselves dont even know about, there are no vaccines in the hospital for my kids. This is how bad it is for an aspie to be in Guatemala. I dont need medication or therapy or any other special treatment, and just need a fair system that let me work because I am good in so many things.

If this wasnt enough, I inherited the bussines with my sister, brother in law and mom that does not understand anything about running a business and just make things worst for me. I had warned my times my mom that this fine would happen, and she didnt listen.

I have droped out of college twice. First time for anxiety issued and second time for lack of money. My dad ( I believe he was an aspie) and my mom always kept pushing me to leave college because "the family bussines was better". They pushed and pushed until they broke me and I left. I have overcame anxiety and panic by now. I am sure I cant find a decent Job in my country. The 9 Jobs my business creates are rare a scarse here.

I doubt my business is going to resist going out of bankruptcy and all the goverment attacks at the same time. So, my question is... do you know of any country/organization that would help me emigrate? I dont need medication, or therapy or any other benefits. I wouldn´t even need airplane tickets. I only need help with allocation (me, wife and 2 kids) and finding a Job.ç

So, is there such organization/country that could help me?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 9:52 pm

I do not know of one.

If a person is wealthy, they can buy a citizenship in another country.

It come down to money, really, and i do not know your status.

If your net worth is at least $250,000USD I can direct you, but if its less than that I don't know what you would do.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 5:21 am

I don't think there would be an organisation that just "helps people emigrate" in general, but if you have in mind a specific country that you want to move to you should be able to find at least online forums of people who have successfully moved there and they could provide some advice. There are usually professionals in that country you could consult, too - migration agents or migration lawyers. (I have no idea about their usefulness, though!) Any way you look at it, you would still have to do a lot of research yourself. Knowing the right question to ask is often half way to the answer. :)

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm

slave wrote:
I do not know of one.

If a person is wealthy, they can buy a citizenship in another country.

It come down to money, really, and i do not know your status.

If your net worth is at least $250,000USD I can direct you, but if its less than that I don't know what you would do.

Thanks... I know those options, but I am far from that net worth.

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

FMX wrote:
I don't think there would be an organisation that just "helps people emigrate" in general, but if you have in mind a specific country that you want to move to you should be able to find at least online forums of people who have successfully moved there and they could provide some advice. There are usually professionals in that country you could consult, too - migration agents or migration lawyers. (I have no idea about their usefulness, though!) Any way you look at it, you would still have to do a lot of research yourself. Knowing the right question to ask is often half way to the answer. :)

Thanks. I know everything you said :-) I was just asking if there is someone here that knew about some organization that has done it or does it for some aspergers. Yeah, My question was poorly formulated :-)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 3:03 pm

Alas, you might have use the "Mexican Method"--swimming across the Rio Grande River in a remote spot late at night--probably with the help of "coyotes" (people who supposedly help you across the border) who charge a few thousand dollars.

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Alas, you might have use the "Mexican Method"--swimming across the Rio Grande River in a remote spot late at night--probably with the help of "coyotes" (people who supposedly help you across the border) who charge a few thousand dollars.

I am not that desesperate yet :-)

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2015, 8:57 am

There is a lot of self-work involved in expatriation. I am doing this process of many small details:

:arrow: search for a country by seeking personality traits that best suit your needs

:arrow: obtain a passport/visa and visit the country and travel to all areas to figure out if you fit into that culture and share your business plan with like-minded individuals – do not share your business plans with competitors or people who do not seem open to immigrants, so check them out first before you reveal anything about you or your plans

:arrow: if you find an area you are comfortable, go back to your country of origin and make plans to move – learn the language, history, and culture of the country area you want to move to

:arrow: obtain a work visa to establish a long-term way to stay in the migration country area longer than 90 days, or however long they allow – regular passports only allow a 90 day visit. Work visa documents allow 1 year before you must travel back to your home country for 90 days then you can go back another year after the work visa is renewed. You must provide proof of income and have proof you can sustain basic living without help from that country (no homeless roaming).

I do not advocate for migrating to the U.S. There is no place for people on the autism spectrum there if you want to be taken seriously as a business person. The U.S. is a place of socialization and if you are not part of that social program then you will not have success. They call it smoozing – this is a kind of best-friending people you work with, drinking with them, partying with them, and whatever other things that friends do. I can’t do any of that. Germany is in my plans to live once I learn everything that is required. I was born in the wrong country. I wish it were easier to just go where I fit in and my talents best utilized. One day maybe it will be like that where country borders do not matter. Sometimes segregation is necessary. Not forced segregation. Voluntary. Not everybody can get along or is willing to get along with the minority. Majority rules in all places. I want to be in a place where there are more people with the same nature as I have and where I can fully express myself in a whole way not just part way. I understand your search and difficulty.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 9:25 am

Do you have any marketable skills in science, technology, engineering, maths, or medicine?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm

IgA wrote:

There is a lot of self-work involved in expatriation. I am doing this process of many small details:

Yeah I know that...I am really, really tired of all the crap I have taken in my country. Ideally I would love to go some where else and get a Job. Do side stuff for income too, like I do here, but having a couple of years of a more quiet life. Then I would think about open a bussines or something...maybe I have unreal dreams.

I can hang out and "be normal", I have even learnt to pretend I enjoy it :-) but, I wouldnt really like to go to the US... many reasons for that.

Kaux
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2015, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Do you have any marketable skills in science, technology, engineering, maths, or medicine?

I am a photographer. I also run my family's bakery. I can build PCS and a lot of other things :-)

But nothing speacial really...