Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 7:07 pm

Seriously. Just between by anecdotal experiences over the years, and the rash of police shooting/murdering people with zero consequences. And add to the fact that the police are literally not bound by any law to help someone in need until after the crime or action has been committed leads me to believe that they are worse than useless; with their pensions, benefits, etc. Not sure if anyone else here feels the same way, but for me at least, I don't want anything to do with them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:17 pm

There are good cops...and there are bad cops.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:18 pm

JackBruns wrote:
The Only Good Cop is a Dead One

sure, make all cops paranoid about their safety. that will surely make them more rational, efficient and self-controlled :roll:

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 7:24 pm

anagram wrote:
sure, make cops paranoid about their safety. that will surely make them more rational, efficient and self-controlled :roll:

YES! YES! Let them feel it! Let them feel the fear they drive into people everyday with their utter brutality. Let them feel the fear and terror they instill in people everyday. I want every single cop to feel that same feeling. Maybe then things will change.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:25 pm

I've had some nasty dealings with cops.

But I've also seen good things done by cops.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 7:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are good cops...and there are bad cops.

The "good" cops protect the bad cops...what is your definition though of a "good" cop though? I'm curious.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:27 pm

JackBruns wrote:
YES! YES! Let them feel it! Let them feel the fear they drive into people everyday with their utter brutality. Let them feel the fear and terror they instill in people everyday. I want every single cop to feel that same feeling. Maybe then things will change.

and then society will burn in flames along with everyone who has nothing to do with it (including the honest cops out there just doing their job). yaay! everybody wins

come on, you cannot be serious

"i believe all cops are out of control. so let's threaten them until they all act out of control". brilliant plan!

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 7:34 pm

anagram wrote:
JackBruns wrote:

and then society will burn in flames along with everyone who has nothing to do with it (including the honest cops out there just doing their job). yaay! everybody wins

come on, you cannot be serious

No. That's a total illogical fallacy. If that was the case, civilization as we know it would have collapsed thousands of years ago as the modern police as we know it is a rather recent creation. There are many solutions available. Decriminalizing non-violent "crimes" like narcotics and prostitution would go a long way along with a community based law enforcement. Not one based on making enforcement more akin to soldiers, which with their wrap around shades, shaved heads, and attitude, our contemporary police forces are starting to act more like. As if the streets of this country are some type of modern day warzone. Plenty of options.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:36 pm

JackBruns wrote:
No. That's a total illogical fallacy.

i'm honestly not even reading the rest of your post

i'll just ask you this: ever wonder how wars start?

just food for thought

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 7:42 pm

anagram wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
No. That's a total illogical fallacy.

i'm honestly not even reading the rest of your post

i'll just ask you this: ever wonder how wars start?

just food for thought

So you refuse to read the rebuttal to your argument, and expect me to reply in what type of fashion? Look, I know that the south in general isn't exactly a hotspot of intellectual discourse, but really, you should know that in order to form a proper argument, you must read and comprehend what the other person is trying to get across. And if you fail to do that, the what is the point?

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm

JackBruns wrote:
Look, I know that the south in general isn't exactly a hotspot of intellectual discourse

you don't even know south of where i live. i put that as bait for people like you. congratulations, you get the fish. and the hook :D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:50 pm

There are plenty of intellectual-type people in the South.

William Faulkner was a consummate Southerner, and a consummate intellectual.

I've seen cops rescue people from dire predicaments.

One of the greatest movies of all time, "To Kill a Mockingbird," takes place in the South.

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 8:14 pm

anagram wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
Look, I know that the south in general isn't exactly a hotspot of intellectual discourse

you don't even know south of where i live. i put that as bait for people like you. congratulations, you get the fish. and the hook :D

Fantastic. You tricked me. You're a genius. :roll:

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 8:15 pm

i have very little respect for people who refuse to acknowledge their short-sightedness

JackBruns
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2016, 8:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are plenty of intellectual-type people in the South.

William Faulkner was a consummate Southerner, and a consummate intellectual.

I've seen cops rescue people from dire predicaments.

One of the greatest movies of all time, "To Kill a Mockingbird," takes place in the South.

"Good" cops protect bad ones. That's largely why people fear them. That's not healthy. Besides, it the police you describe helping those in emergencies were obviously doing it for a photo op. Make them look good. Samaritans come in all professions.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

LOL...I never said there weren't Good Samaritans who aren't cops. Most of them are citizens like you and I.