Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

PolitePilot
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Mar 2008, 12:31 pm

Try something out of the ordinary....

flight lessons!

Its super exhilerating and provides a sense of accomplishment and challenge.

OverEducated
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2010, 10:13 pm

I just recently turned 35, and I get lonely a lot. I joined a few book clubs, which is good, and I cook a lot, which I enjoy. I enjoy keeping my apartment neat and clean. I find comfort in the little things, like finding cool shampoo, awesome laundry detergent, or saving money by finding a good book at the library. Try to find comfort in the simple things, and life will work itself out. I was never the social, "popular" girl growing up, and I'm still not like that. In life you have to accept who you are.

MJackson
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2010, 11:33 pm

You need to TRAVEL ....it's fun, you see new things, even if u dont meet new people u see new things. I recently went to Spain. if u dont have moeny, then travel somewhere where u can afford, or save money. I suggest traveling to Europe or something. It's so fun, and maybe you'll fins a bf or something like that.

CaptainMac
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jan 2010, 12:29 am

Dogs are great. Cats are pretty good too.

Some advice about vacations--sometimes, the best thing to do is to just take a trip somewhere locally. Hop on a bus and go to the other side of town, drive to the next town over, or take a walk where you grew up. I also like taking "one day" trips where I can get to another city within a few hours--they can be taken over a weekend, involve only one night at a hotel, don't require airfare, and can be a lot of fun depending on what you like to do. If you're into animals, for example, visit some other city's zoo. If you want to visit some prominent landmarks, by all means go for it.

Gettysburg is a good place to go for a getaway if you're in PA, especially if you are into the Civil War. There's enough to do in the park itself plus there's some nice shops on the outskirts of town. Civil War buffs can also drive to Antietam the next day, which isn't too far from Gettysburg and is also very nice (although you're best off visiting Hagerstown if you want a city to spend the night in--not much around Antietam itself).

Civil War battlefields aren't the best place to meet singles (unless you happen to cross paths with another Civil War buff who is looking for someone) but they are fun to visit, even if you just go to take a walk around the parks. (Make sure you get someone to take your picture behind one of the big cannons!)