Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kclark
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2008, 2:25 pm

I wear fresh underwear and socks every day. I shower nearly every day (skip one every now and then) and I use a clean towel every time.
I wear the same pants for like 5 days in a row. Shirts I wear 2-3 days, but I usually scatter them around the week so I don't wear the same shirt several days in a row.

I don't know why I dislike using a towel from yesterday, but am perfectly fine wearing the same pair of pants all week.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2008, 1:25 am

Sometimes I do because I don't have enough clothes for every day of the week.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

MaxN
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2008, 11:59 am

I really hate to put on 'dirty' clothes.

I wear fresh socks / underwear every time I put them on. This means that if I go to the gym, I may 'use' 3 sets !

The only exception is that I wear 'work' pants twice before they hit the laundry basket.

I get through shirts like crazy - 6-8 each week and I have taken to getting them laundered professionally - along with my pants (usually dry cleaned). The means that I have 30+ shirts and 10+ pairs of pants in my wardrobe and more pairs of socks and underwear than anyone would/could imagine - I have never counted them, but they struggle to fit in a large deep drawer.

I am the same with jeans - I only wear them maybe twice, teeshirts rarely last a whole day at the weekends too.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jan 2008, 3:42 pm

I wear clothing a whole lot in a row. I think it a comfort thing. I've done that since I was a kid and got teased for it. Eventually I took to telling people I had a lot of the same thing because it was cheap to buy in bulk

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jan 2008, 12:33 am

I'd like too but it's not a good idea.
I wear the same suit and shoes per week but I change everything else.
I rarerly wear the same t-shirt (or anything that's directly in contact with skin) two days in a row.

delilah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2008, 11:44 pm

my dad has aspergers (I think), mum mentioned it once but i was too young to understand now its starting to make sense... He does wear the same clothes alot and I always offer to wash his clothes for him.

wsmac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 4:10 am

delilah wrote:
my dad has aspergers (I think), mum mentioned it once but i was too young to understand now its starting to make sense... He does wear the same clothes alot and I always offer to wash his clothes for him.

While he's wearing them? :P

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 5:12 am

I don't see the point in wearing them for one day - they'll get worn out from all the washing otherwise!

I wear clothes for a couple of days, then wear others for a few days and then god back to the other clothes. To everyone else it looks like I'm changing my clothes frequently, but... :oops: :lol: 8)

I change my underwear every day though.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Anna4077
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Apr 2008, 10:08 pm

When in doubt, use the smell test. :D

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 8:35 am

Anna4077 wrote:
When in doubt, use the smell test. :D

Definietly :lol:

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 10:31 pm

I do if I'm not going anywhere that day.

RustyShackleford
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2008, 4:24 am

I am ashamed to say I have been wearing the same jeans for at least a week and a half...

delilah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2008, 4:41 pm

wsmac wrote:
delilah wrote:

While he's wearing them? :P

LOL well he can go get changed while I wash some. Or I wash his other clothes and give them to him as a hint.

Sargon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2008, 9:23 pm

Why does everyone seem to change their underwear once a day? I sometimes wear the same ones for 4-5 days and I haven't noticed any negative effects. Socks I can understand changing every few days though.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2008, 9:50 pm

:x

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2008, 1:11 am

Sargon wrote:
Why does everyone seem to change their underwear once a day? I sometimes wear the same ones for 4-5 days and I haven't noticed any negative effects. Socks I can understand changing every few days though.

I guess it's OK for guys to go a long time without changing their underwear. I think it's more important for women to change their underwear daily. And everyone should change their socks daily to prevent foot odor.