Hot Wheels works with ASAN to create ‘Flippin Fast’

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 9:37 am

Hot Wheels Unveils New Die-Cast Ahead of Autism Acceptance Month

Quote:
Mattel has announced the Hot Wheels Flippin Fast die-cast, a new vehicle designed to encourage an open-ended play experience, ahead of Autism Acceptance Month in April. The Flippin Fast diecast ignites the challenger spirit as one of the most versatile die-cast vehicles from Hot Wheels. Its fidget toy-inspired design allows kids to enjoy the wide range of motion from a Hot Wheels car as they roll it forward, backward and flip it upside down.

Hot Wheels partnered with the Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN), a nonprofit organization run by individuals on the autism spectrum, to validate the design and compatibility of the Flippin Fast die-cast to ensure it delivers an experience that meets the unique needs of all Hot Wheels fans, including those who may benefit from an open-ended, soothing and sensory play experience.

“It’s exciting that Mattel has taken the needs of autistic kids into consideration with this new toy,” says Zoe Gross, director, advocacy, Autistic Self Advocacy Network. “Too often, autistic children and their families are told that they are ‘playing wrong,’ but allowing kids to play in the way they choose can promote self-regulation and self-expression. This car can be played with in any configuration, and whether kids prefer to play pretend with it or just spin the wheels, the design emphasizes that there’s no wrong way to play.”

While the Flippin Fast die-cast vehicle is intended for children ages three and up across all ability levels, ASAN’s seal on the packaging indicates that it meets the unique play needs of the autism-spectrum community.

Mattel has a long-standing relationship with ASAN and has worked with the nonprofit to help validate and inform the development of a variety of toy products and characters across Mattel’s portfolio of brands. The relationship kicked off with the introduction of Bruno, the Thomas & Friends franchises’ first character with autism, across all franchise touchpoints in September 2022.

Hot Wheels Flippin Fast is now available at retailers nationwide.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:18 am

Personally I'm more interested in the three different Honda Civics and S800 they'll be releasing this year. They'll also have a Porsche 904, a Bimmer E30 M3 wagon and Toni Breidinger's GR86 Cup car.

https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/List_ ... Hot_Wheels

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

Let’s see how long this lasts before they get greedy and start partnering with A$ for more money like Sesame Street

#palestinianlivesmatter

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:37 am

Zakatar wrote:
Let’s see how long this lasts before they get greedy and start partnering with A$ for more money like Sesame Street

That'd be a great way to see how much of the adult HW collector community is autistic. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:03 pm

I think that's a good thing that ASAN has done. I also like the design of the cars.