Facebook: Cure Asperger's Prevent Murder by Psychokillers

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 5:43 am

ProfessorX wrote:
Here is my take on this if every so-called psychopathic murderer is autistic then that would mean autistic children worldwide should be locked up permanently right at this moment. Mind you, I was simply being sarcastic yet, I don't feel that any/all psychopaths have Asperger for, I find this absolutely nonsense.. Well, there is not much one can do when you have to deal with people whom still live in the Dark Ages in terms of mentality..

I find most people live in the dark ages, but I'm working on that view (since I know most aren't like that, at least, that's what I'm telling myself now).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 1:33 pm

aghogday wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
aghogday wrote:
He's not looking to press intellectual buttons, he is looking to press emotional buttons, in playing with people's heads. Every person that expresses anger on his site, to his carefully contrived illogical rantings, is a person he has manipulated. The only way to combat an individual like that when one has no other choice, is to understand the game they are playing and respond in non-emotional ways. The best option is to completely ignore them, when there is that option.

Ah I see, however my emotions have been away for the most part lately...I feel traces of them at best. So the only buttons I've got are intellectual ones for the time being. The whole page aside from any opposing comments is a steaming pile of hysterical, fear mongering crap and therefore moronic.

How do I know this; he has at least a 6 year record documented on the internet of doing the same thing over and over and over.

What he is hoping for is that every time someone searches for Ari Ne'eman on facebook or google, they are going to see his headlines about fraud and saving people from Ari-Ne'eman. He has dedicated several entire blogs oriented toward this general goal. I don't think he likes many if any people on the internet that identify as having Asperger's syndrome, but it seems obvious who his least favorite person with that diagnosis is.

He has barely got 4 or 5 responses in some of his blog posts, but now he has gotten close to a thousand in two facebook pages over the course of a couple of weeks. His main page dedicated to attacking Ne'man, with an even nastier title, is now the 6th highest search term on Ari Ne'eman's name out of 151,000 results.

Wow clearly he wins at life having a thousand responses on the Internet is just such an amazing feat I might crap myself...:roll: :lmao: I just cant find it in me to take it the least bit seriously. Oh and now I am curious about this Ne'man obviously he's worth looking into if he has his very own tryhard arch enemy wielding the mighty sword that is his uh.....keyboard...after him.

Ne'eman does not take it seriously enough to pursue a suit for defamation, to this point that has been identified, however another individual is in the process of suing this individual for defamation of character.

I think its good he refuses to take that troll seriously though I still don't know much about them and if the other individual does have him sued it would be hilarious because its just what the troll deserves.

One doesn't have to feel emotions to express them on the internet. An angry response on a site, may not generate any feeling of emotion in the individual making it, however it can elicit an emotional response in others reading the response that do feel emotions strongly, resulting in a mass phenomenon of emotional contagion in others, motivating continuing emotional responses, perpetuating emotional social communication.

I understand that this does not concern you on a personal emotional level, but never the less, emotional responses on the website increase the owner's potential to meet his goals to decrease the perceived credibility of Mr. Ne'eman, in search results, as long as social communication continues on that site. Most of the emotions expressed there have been in response to the cure word, not the Ne'eman word. I don't think that many actually communicating on the owner's facebook pages have any idea who Ari Ne'eman is or care who he is, but the effect that the owner of the site is looking for, remains the same.

Well I don't see how anything he's said could possibly discredit anyone, nothing he's said is credible to begin with. So I really don't think having a little fun and telling the dude and his followers they are morons is going to cause everyone to agree because people express what could be taken as anger over it.

Also I think the page is gone, can't find it on facebook so it looks as though it doesn't matter anyways.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

Jaden, I state the following if I may, only a minority of people in society tend to have a limited,rigid view of psychopaths as being connected to the autistic spectrum. I,myself have done a very good job of helping people in my own community to better understand the entire spectrum and not falsely make the notion that autistic persons are prone to malicious acts.. The last thing anyone wants in life is to be blackballed..

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2013, 7:14 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
Jaden, I state the following if I may, only a minority of people in society tend to have a limited,rigid view of psychopaths as being connected to the autistic spectrum. I,myself have done a very good job of helping people in my own community to better understand the entire spectrum and not falsely make the notion that autistic persons are prone to malicious acts.. The last thing anyone wants in life is to be blackballed..

Indeed, Iagree

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 5:24 am

Kimber wrote:
The FB page has since been retitled: "Cure Asperger's, Prevent Fraud by Ari Ne'emen."

Basically, it's a bunch of insane ranting about us being poisoned by mercury in vaccines, and how we could all easily be "cured" if only Autism Speaks and WrongPlanet would stop denying that we're all brain damaged and/or mentally ill and allow us to be "helped" by electric shock aversion therapy or some nonsense. The FB page and its links got nauseating very quickly.

I reported it for hate speech.

Sounds like John Best.

lostexplorer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jan 2013, 7:11 pm

Kimber wrote:
I've been following the posts on the FB page in question since I last posted. These seem to be the main points the lunatic is trying to make:

-Aspergers shouldn't be called Autistic
-Autistic people are mindless animals
-Asperger's and Autism are brain damage caused by mercury in vaccines
-There is a "cure" for AS and Autism (as yet unrevealed by the owner of the FB page)
-Ari Ne'emen and other Autism Rights groups are suppressing this supposed "cure"
-By suppressing the "cure," Ari Ne'emen and Autistic Rights groups are responsible for the Sandy Hook shootings

I can't believe that Facebook hasn't taken the page down yet. Free speech is one thing, libel is something else again.

Sounds like whoever made the page is just a crank conspiracy theorist, or maybe just a troll...

I clicked the link and I couldn't find the page, maybe it has been taken down?

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 7:30 pm

lostexplorer wrote:
Kimber wrote:
I've been following the posts on the FB page in question since I last posted. These seem to be the main points the lunatic is trying to make:

-There is a "cure" for AS and Autism (as yet unrevealed by the owner of the FB page)
-Ari Ne'emen and other Autism Rights groups are suppressing this supposed "cure"
-By suppressing the "cure," Ari Ne'emen and Autistic Rights groups are responsible for the Sandy Hook shootings

I can't believe that Facebook hasn't taken the page down yet. Free speech is one thing, libel is something else again.

Sounds like whoever made the page is just a crank conspiracy theorist, or maybe just a troll...

I think it has been taken down (thankfully), because I can no longer find it either.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm

Jaden wrote:
lostexplorer wrote:
Kimber wrote:

I think it has been taken down (thankfully), because I can no longer find it either.

It is still up, he just changed the name. And he also added another page. But, people finally determined he wasn't worth their time responding to over a week ago. I'm not going to link the pages, because that is what he is looking for, more attention. This individual also believes and spreads information about the Alex Jones type government is out to get you conspiracies. Alex Jones just does a better job of manipulating people's emotions. Moreover, the reason why he reaches millions of people a day, and makes millions off of manipulating people's emotions.

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 10:21 pm

aghogday wrote:
Jaden wrote:
lostexplorer wrote:
Kimber wrote:

It is still up, he just changed the name. And he also added another page. But, people finally determined he wasn't worth their time responding to over a week ago. I'm not going to link the pages, because that is what he is looking for, more attention. This individual also believes and spreads information about the Alex Jones type government is out to get you conspiracies. Alex Jones just does a better job of manipulating people's emotions. Moreover, the reason why he reaches millions of people a day, and makes millions off of manipulating people's emotions.

There will always be a number of people who take that side, it's better imo to nip it in the bud and not let it gain it's fuel.

ianorlin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 11:14 pm

I am not sure autistic people would be the best for carrying out a conspiracy.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm

ianorlin wrote:
I am not sure autistic people would be the best for carrying out a conspiracy.

I'm not sure but some might more easily fall prey to a conspiracy theory from someone they trust, and if the issue is something they want to believe.

http://www.facebook.com/FightingforAuti ... ts&fref=ts

This linked group was created and dedicated to fighting against the conspiracy theorist, but it appears there may have also been a conspiracy theory generated about a young man with severe autism, who visited the page, and didn't meet acceptable or expected standards of communication for a young adult individual with severe autism. If so, hundreds of comments drug his name through the mud. This is the problem with witch hunts, they often grab innocent people and can figuratively burn them at the social stake. People on the spectrum with communication difficulties are particularly vulnerable to this in facebook groups where there is no third party moderation. Not all young adults with autism have the same privilege of abilities.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2013, 11:07 pm

This remindes me of something that Richard Weaver said in his book Ideas Have Consequences. I went along the lines of, the basis of good tolerance is recognition of the true morality and living a pious existance. If one cares about what is moral and recognizes that things that are outside themselves and different from themselves, may have the right to exist. Then they can come to see the good qualities in other people and respect them for their good qualities, and thus tolerate them for they can see the quality in others different from them. Though this a paraphrase.

The writter of that Facebook post is obviously ignorant of this concept.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 2:20 am

yelekam wrote:
This remindes me of something that Richard Weaver said in his book Ideas Have Consequences. I went along the lines of, the basis of good tolerance is recognition of the true morality and living a pious existance. If one cares about what is moral and recognizes that things that are outside themselves and different from themselves, may have the right to exist. Then they can come to see the good qualities in other people and respect them for their good qualities, and thus tolerate them for they can see the quality in others different from them. Though this a paraphrase.

The writter of that Facebook post is obviously ignorant of this concept.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the topic facebook link or the one I linked, but if it is the one I linked it appears that website has figured out some adjustments were needed to make things better there, as the post about the young autistic man, has been appropriately deleted.

MrPickles
Raven
Raven

26 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
Here is my take on this if every so-called psychopathic murderer is autistic then that would mean autistic children worldwide should be locked up permanently right at this moment. Mind you, I was simply being sarcastic yet, I don't feel that any/all psychopaths have Asperger for, I find this absolutely nonsense.. Well, there is not much one can do when you have to deal with people whom still live in the Dark Ages in terms of mentality..

Yet, we must deal with them - let them spread their stupid ideas without contesting them countering them with logic and they may well find others that will go along with them.

Mike1 wrote:
The guy who made this Facebook page and all the people who liked it are the type of people who'd probably like to go beat up a quadriplegic for no reason. You can't reason with them. They're like sociopaths who've gone brain-dead. They have the self-control of a wolverine and the intelligence of a clam. Luckily, there probably aren't quite enough people like them out there for them to successfully pursue their Neo-Nazi agenda. Maybe one day they'll realize that they have absolutely no good qualities, and do the world a favor by killing themselves.

In the early days of the Nazis in Germany - most everyone ignored them - they did not go away or kill themselves - at least not until they had murdered millions of others first.

Knowledge is our best weapon here - and yet so very little (both money and effort) is spent on defining just what is Asperger's and Autism and how it came to be part of the Human condition. I am not counting the millions drug companies spent on pushing their latest drug of choice or those chasing "cures" when we have no idea of just what we are dealing with. I find it quite interesting that dozens of studies have been done on weather the DRD4-7R gene variant is the "wonder-lust gene" but only minor effort has been made to study its relationship to ADHD despite the fact that that a study seems to make a strong connection likely. And of course absolutely no effort has been made to see if it is connected to any other forms of the spectrum. It is this lack of real effort that this shows so well what holds back our knowledge and our ability to gain knowledge.

It is up to us to conquer these dumb a## ideas with knowledge. Trying to out wait stupid people won't work.

Found on http://jacobbarnett.org/ -- If you are suffering from Autism - you're doing it wrong!

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 5:35 pm

MrPickles wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:

Yet, we must deal with them - let them spread their stupid ideas without contesting them countering them with logic and they may well find others that will go along with them.

Mike1 wrote:
The guy who made this Facebook page and all the people who liked it are the type of people who'd probably like to go beat up a quadriplegic for no reason. You can't reason with them. They're like sociopaths who've gone brain-dead. They have the self-control of a wolverine and the intelligence of a clam. Luckily, there probably aren't quite enough people like them out there for them to successfully pursue their Neo-Nazi agenda. Maybe one day they'll realize that they have absolutely no good qualities, and do the world a favor by killing themselves.

In the early days of the Nazis in Germany - most everyone ignored them - they did not go away or kill themselves - at least not until they had murdered millions of others first.

Knowledge is our best weapon here - and yet so very little (both money and effort) is spent on defining just what is Asperger's and Autism and how it came to be part of the Human condition. I am not counting the millions drug companies spent on pushing their latest drug of choice or those chasing "cures" when we have no idea of just what we are dealing with. I find it quite interesting that dozens of studies have been done on weather the DRD4-7R gene variant is the "wonder-lust gene" but only minor effort has been made to study its relationship to ADHD despite the fact that that a study seems to make a strong connection likely. And of course absolutely no effort has been made to see if it is connected to any other forms of the spectrum. It is this lack of real effort that this shows so well what holds back our knowledge and our ability to gain knowledge.

It is up to us to conquer these dumb a## ideas with knowledge. Trying to out wait stupid people won't work.

Agreed, the only weapon against stupidity is knowledge that proves the truth, sitting here and just ignoring that people out there are thinking this is only going to make it worse for us in the long run. Better that we take the initiative and tell people the facts regarding AS and Autism in general.
If people don't listen to facts and truth, then they're lost in ignorance and stupidity and aren't worth the time of day.

LauraL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2013, 9:22 pm

I bet everyone on this website is smarter than this troll. Not the OP the facebook troll. The sandy hook shooter was probably pushed by NTs isolating him.