Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

sophiejane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2010, 9:12 am

Hello :)

I would like to introduce to you all our UK nationwide campaign for people with Autism and Aspergers Syndrome. ACT NOW Autism Campaigners Together consists of five parents who have children with Autism and an adult with Aspergers who decided to form their own coalition just after the Budget in June against the cuts to vital services, provision and welfare on our community.

On October 18th ACT NOW launched their Impact Assessment Report in London following collection of 6,000 petition signatures in support of our campaign. You can download our report and watch our video - You're the Voice on our website

Phase Two of our campaign focuses on recording these cuts and how the cuts are affecting YOU, please join us on our Facebook group - Autism Campaigners Together - ACT NOW Record the Cuts!

Also join us on our Blog, search for ACT NOW Autism Campaigners Together on Blogger for the latest updates on our campaign and the work we are doing lobbying Ministers and MP's.

We are urging the Autism community to come forward and tell us their experiences and stories of how the cuts are/will affect them. Please help to spread the word about our vital campaign to your friends, families and networks. Thank you.

best regards

Alison Wiles
Founder Member/Administrator
ACT NOW Autism Campaigners Together

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 10:20 pm

As long as Nt Parents Speaking For Autism has no part in this, I have no problem with it. If they have a part in it, I'm against it.

sophiejane
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2010, 3:43 am

Hi, I am concerned as to why you feel so uncomfortable that parents of children and adult children with Autism and Aspergers Syndrome are campaigning very hard for their children's rights and welfare?

nottheenemy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2010, 1:35 pm

My adult son can not function without help and support. As he does not qualify for any help or support that leaves it to me as his Mother to do the best I can. My adult son suffers terribly from stress and anxiety which totally disabled him. The idea of having to discuss his works capability with a complete stranger is making him ill. What happens to adults with AS like my son if there are not groups out there to fight for him.