Page 16 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Zapper80
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Aug 2011, 8:24 am

I'm an NT who has moderate SAD (social anxiety disorder). It's a physically tantalizing experience trying to get along with people at times, and I've met functional aspies who have shared my experience at times. Also, I've met aspies and autistics who are NTs and have SA as well.

Not all NTs despise or aim to oppress autistic people. In my experience, it isn't the NT personality, but the EJ personality who has a disregard for tolerating strangeness. Both thoughtful and emotional, abstract and concrete people can get frustrated and aggressive in this manner.

The difference is NTs want to live in a balanced world, so NTs often seem unsympathetic because we analyze everything. However, once an NT matures and grasps subjectivity, things change a lot.

Still, NTs usually don't believe in helping people out for free, and this is why NTs get cast as oppressors as well. We don't take that first step forward early enough to seem compassionate before say SFs. I actually believe ESFJs are the real oppressors of both NTs and autistics because ESFJs are most likely to engage in projective identification. That is they believe their own feelings and own expressions of feelings apply to everyone else. They also demand that you feel and express feelings compatibly to fit in with the group.

NTs are more likely to be openminded here, but NTs will also succumb to ESFJs if threatened enough with practical rejection. This is an unfortunate part of the NT experience. It's either assimilate or be left out in the cold.

Perhaps the problem is that NTs are abandoning their autistic brethren?