Page 3 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

ci wrote:
While I can understand why someone would create such an exaggeration out of emotion the bulk of what was said was false but interpreted as fact of reality.

who are you talking to? meme or me?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm

Him originally.

I am going to post a subject about challenging negative stereotypes later.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

ci wrote:
Him originally.

I am going to post a subject about challenging negative stereotypes later.

well, he did suggest more a prediction of future events than actual facts but that just depends on how the reader interprets it.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

A simple question.

Do you want him to be right in his prediction? Would it prove to you what you believe and give you satisfaction of some sort?

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 8:26 pm

ci wrote:
A simple question.

Do you want him to be right in his prediction? Would it prove to you what you believe and give you satisfaction of some sort?

what i believe is already true unfortunately. predictions are just predictions. This is a prediction that would not be good for me. I don't want it to happen. This is a serious concern. But since it is pretty much true anyway what have i got to lose? what have you really got to lose? we are already a hated and oppressed minority group. I have made no violent threats so i am no killer. The press would have a false case against me just like the person who accused me back in 8th grade did(see earlier post). And taking from personal experiance all i lost in that case was a slight blemish on an already rotten reputation. If people falsely accuse us what is the loss? is there anything to lose when people lie and spread rumors. Well F**K this i am autistic and i don't understand NTs anyway, so i am not going to condone any lying or cheating i am going to stick to my argument and do whats right. I hate NTs and all they stand for, all lies and deciet. why let newspapers run by NTs manipulate us anyway. They already have the power to kill us all anyway why don't they jsut goddam do it if thats what they intend to do. They have made it impossible to fight back so why do it? you are right on that one. why bother? lets just let them kill us and hope they do it quick and painless. THATS JUST HOW THE WORLD WORKS. i really don't want to be part of it. i just want to do the right thing and everybody else to respect me and do the right thing. i just want to follow my dream. I don't want people to mess up my life. They have already tried to send me to the asylum so whats stopping them from trying again? NOTHING there just to lazy to do it yet they are just watching my antics for their own amusement.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 8:30 pm

that was a good question i think i had some kind of logical meltdown trying to answer it. but what all i really meant to say was [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50YMa4XN_-0[/youtube]

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

I do not believe your so very serious that you actually believe everything you write. Are you angry? When people are angry they say and can temporarily believe all sorts of things. If there was no such concepts as N.T and aspie what would you want in life simply?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm

aspie48 wrote:
ci wrote:
A simple question.

what i believe is already true unfortunately. predictions are just predictions. This is a prediction that would not be good for me. I don't want it to happen. This is a serious concern. But since it is pretty much true anyway what have i got to lose? what have you really got to lose? we are already a hated and oppressed minority group. I have made no violent threats so i am no killer. The press would have a false case against me just like the person who accused me back in 8th grade did(see earlier post). And taking from personal experiance all i lost in that case was a slight blemish on an already rotten reputation. If people falsely accuse us what is the loss? is there anything to lose when people lie and spread rumors. Well F**K this i am autistic and i don't understand NTs anyway, so i am not going to condone any lying or cheating i am going to stick to my argument and do whats right. I hate NTs and all they stand for, all lies and deciet. why let newspapers run by NTs manipulate us anyway. They already have the power to kill us all anyway why don't they jsut goddam do it if thats what they intend to do. They have made it impossible to fight back so why do it? you are right on that one. why bother? lets just let them kill us and hope they do it quick and painless. THATS JUST HOW THE WORLD WORKS. i really don't want to be part of it. i just want to do the right thing and everybody else to respect me and do the right thing. i just want to follow my dream. I don't want people to mess up my life. They have already tried to send me to the asylum so whats stopping them from trying again? NOTHING there just to lazy to do it yet they are just watching my antics for their own amusement.

Sounds like you are listening to reason. Memesplice is making a strong point, but the whole autism supremacy idea that you are publically advertising on the internet, puts you in the same category as any other supremacy group. You eliminated some of the comments on your website on the post for May 29th on your website, but you still suggest some activity in that post that could bring the kind of attention to yourself and other autistic people that could make life more difficult.

One thing for certain is the opinions you express on your website in that particular post are extreme, in the ill will that you promote there against society as a whole. The only people in your life that gives you problems are only the people in life that gives you problems, not all of society or any particular group of people you don't know.

If you want everyone in the world to dislike you and give you problems the best way to fulfill that prophecy is to declare that you hate most of the people in the world or to promote acts that would make life harder for most of the people in the world, just because you have grouped them all together as the same kind of people that you believe are against you.

If anyone that knows who you are in real life, gets wind of some of the stuff on your website, there is enough there for a real concern, in general, because it is not considered rational to want to do anything to make life harder, for the general population of society.

And what Memesplice says in his example about the potential to make life harder for people with Aspergers, in engaging in this kind of rhetoric is true.

There are NT people that come to this website masquerading as people with Aspergers, that state all kind of horrible things just to make it look like people with Aspergers have no empathy, and do or promote horrible acts of violence and abuse to innocent adults, and children.

The moderators do their best to ban these people, but as people gain notice of these posts, they can be used as anecdotal evidence that some people with Aspergers can be cold vicious individuals. Even though it's against copyright rules, I wouldn't be surprised if they print it out for evidence, and privately show it to people.

You haven't gone to that extreme here, but the general effect can still be perceived as one that if there were enough people with your opinion society would have something to fear from the ideology you present on your website.

While you don't seem too overly concerned about your destiny, you do seem to care about your friends with Aspergers. My suggestion is to completely disregard the ideology of Autism Supremacy, change your website to something even more positive and powerful like the advantages of Aspie thinking, and focus on a positive area like this that can encourage all people with Autism, and that keeps people with Autism in a positive light.

Anyone that wants to stay within the good graces of those in authority will run as fast as they can from the ideology of Autism Supremacy. While it may make you feel better as an individual, the reality is it hurts the image of people with Autism as a whole, and has the potential to make life harder for people with Autism. I'm not sure you completely understand this, but I'm encouraged at your response to Memesplice's comment.

The images that the word Supremacy bring when describing any group of human beings, is one of hurting others that aren't considered "supreme". Can you think of any group of human beings that call themselves Supremists that aren't seen as a threat to others?

Music groups like the "Supremes" don't count. :)

You are an intelligent person; science has clearly demonstrated that the world is filled with people with a myriad of different kinds of neurologies, other than that of autism, that some experience extreme hardships with in life.

Hating people one does not know or understand, shows a lack of intelligence; obviously you have been on the receiving end of this, but grouping the rest of the world as people against you that you would like to see the downfall of, is no different than the harsh treatment that some with the lack of intelligence or awareness to understand you as a unique individual, have done to you.

People are sincerely trying to help you move in a good direction, but it's not just an effort for your personal welfare, it's an effort for the welfare of all autistic people, to help you understand that the supremist ideology has the potential to make life harder for people with Autism, not easier.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm

Memesplice, newspapers would never run a story like that. It would create a backlash for them and would simply result in a bad reputation for the newspaper.

Ci, why are you opposed to the "us and them" ideology? We are different, and ignoring this fact is not going to change anything. You don't throw lions and tigers into the same cage and then tell them to forget their differences.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Burzum wrote:
Memesplice, newspapers would never run a story like that. It would create a backlash for them and would simply result in a bad reputation for the newspaper.

Ci, why are you opposed to the "us and them" ideology? We are different, and ignoring this fact is not going to change anything. You don't throw lions and tigers into the same cage and then tell them to forget their differences.

It is very evident people diagnosed with something called autism are part of X group type already. I find that so much focus on the matter of differences tends to create adverse situations. So much focus on what is different it's almost like in some they feel they are not human or less human then others. Too focused on the differences that at times it leads to unnecessary conflict where progress could otherwise be achieved. I personally do not want to think about how different I am but live life simply being who I am and if someone has a problem with that other then trying to help me because that's a good thing I really think most people would have a problem with the people that are actually the haters. To many times I see philosophies by some that alienate more then create bridges with society around us. This is not good for myself, you if you care about yourself and depend on positive relations whereas some very high functioning advocates who focus on adversity don't depend on it near as much and those who are more significantly disabled whose opportunities and world can be made much improved with better approaches.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

aspie48 wrote:
ci wrote:
aspie48 wrote:
ci wrote:
"A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. Although examples of such prophecies can be found in literature as far back as ancient Greece and ancient India, it is 20th-century sociologist Robert K. Merton who is credited with coining the expression "self-fulfilling prophecy" and formalizing its structure and consequences. In his book Social Theory and Social Structure, Merton defines self-fulfilling prophecy in the following terms: e.g. when Roxanna falsely believes her marriage will fail, her fears of such failure actually cause the marriage to fail."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

That's why good PR is needed. It's also why ASAN is not as effective. Guilting the public about abortion issues, angry vindictiveness against so called N.T's by self-advocates and poor strategies combining issues create emotional rejection(s). I think strong and effective leadership is not afraid to speak out against wrong-minded endeavors but at the same time seeks innovative solutions. illegal threats against others concerning autism matters, bitterness against the majority whom have no idea what so called Aspies are talking about and the inability to compromise to achieve goals is a sure strategy of failure.

I've had enough of good public relations, I want to do the right thing.

Can you please show me the good inclusive generating PR you are basing your differing PR approaches on?

Ok... first of all I would like you to know that I am not ASAN so I don't know why you keep saying that. My message is inclusive to all types of autism. NTs can also join if they know where their place is, subservient to autistics, of course. All this "inclusiveness" is just bs, an excuse for weakness and corruption. What you don't understand ci, is that some autistics have to fight very hard every day to survive and earn a living. We just can't afford to have NTs in our way. we have to dominate them so we don't have to deal with them.

That is BS....there are pleanty of NTs who have to fight very hard every day to survive and earn a living to, as well as non-autistic people with other mental conditions. I don't see how mimicking the opresser is going to help anything.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:55 pm

Burzum wrote:

The problem is who is us and who is them. We can assume someone else has normal neurology because of the way they act, but not even a psychiatrist can distinguish someone that acts "NT" with Asperger neurology from someone who displays the traits of Aspergers that are seen as impairments by simply observing them.

Us and "NT" work as labels in rhetorical comments, but in real life the "NT" label has little practical purpose. All we do is observe others and make judgements based on preconceived notions. The preconceived notion that all others are a certain way, and they are a danger to us, can put the brakes on one's potential fo a successful life or can create a self fulfilling prophecy; the best philosphy, I think, is to understand that all human beings have differences and do our best to accommodate the differences we can and adapt to the ones we can't in whatever positive way we can find to do it.

A psychological battle with the world, is counterproductive. However, we have the freedom to engage in counterproductive thought, regardless of the consequences.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

ci wrote:
It is very evident people diagnosed with something called autism are part of X group type already. I find that so much focus on the matter of differences tends to create adverse situations. So much focus on what is different it's almost like in some they feel they are not human or less human then others. Too focused on the differences that at times it leads to unnecessary conflict where progress could otherwise be achieved. I personally do not want to think about how different I am but live life simply being who I am and if someone has a problem with that other then trying to help me because that's a good thing I really think most people would have a problem with the people that are actually the haters. To many times I see philosophies by some that alienate more then create bridges with society around us. This is not good for myself, you if you care about yourself and depend on positive relations whereas some very high functioning advocates who focus on adversity don't depend on it near as much and those who are more significantly disabled whose opportunities and world can be made much improved with better approaches.

Would you not concede that sometimes it is better to acknowledge differences in order to achieve peace and harmony? Continuing with my former analogy, it is clear that lions and tigers are very similar, to the point that if they shared the same colour coat an inexperienced person may conclude that they are the same animal. But they are simply not made to co-exist. For them to live peacefully, it is best to acknowledge that they are different and keep them segregated. With this in mind, is the segregation of NT's and those on the spectrum still a threat in your mind?

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

Burzum wrote:
ci wrote:

Would you not concede that sometimes it is better to acknowledge differences in order to achieve peace and harmony? Continuing with my former analogy, it is clear that lions and tigers are very similar, to the point that if they shared the same colour coat an inexperienced person may conclude that they are the same animal. But they are simply not made to co-exist. For them to live peacefully, it is best to acknowledge that they are different and keep them segregated. With this in mind, is the segregation of NT's and those on the spectrum still a threat in your mind?

While I can understand the lion example I'm not sure if I grasp the segregation remarks. Can you further detail this? Provide some examples. I'm currently leaning in the reasoning direction of the one method does not fit all approach if applicable to employment or education.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 12:16 am

Burzum wrote:
ci wrote:

People with Autistic traits and people have always lived together, before someone came up with a collection of traits and named them. Kanner's type autism is a different circumstance, interaction, is not always possible. Most people with Autism have a desire to interact with other people, they just have problems understanding social interaction, to different degrees depending on the individual and their life circumstances.

There aren't many people that have any idea who does or who doesn't have Autism in their own workplace environment, or even in their own home for that matter, and often must be educated to understand what it is, when someone identifies themselves as having it or gains a diagnosis.

It can be tough at times for people with differences to get along, but in general, it happens all the time.

If everyone in the general population of the US with some of the traits of Autism were segregated from the rest of the population that would mean over one hundred million people, if the latest studies are correct that at least 30 percent of the population has at least some of the traits of autism.

We are all just one group of diverse people; some with Autism get along fine with others, with their own methods, some need help and accommodation, but overall segregation is not possible or desirable for human social animals that need each other to survive and not just the ones that share most of the same observable behavioral traits.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 12:23 am

Oh damn to many people are like me and I don't feel all that unique anymore :lol: