Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 12:38 am

One of my best friends has High Functioning Autism (He's 17.) Because of it, his mother is using it as an excuse to call him incompetent and prevent him from contacting the outside world in isolation from any of his friends or people he went to for support. He is on 24/7 watch of caretakers she herself hired and cannot ever leave their sight. He wants to escape her but cannot use the phone, she took away his computer, and monitors him every minute of the day where he cannot call for help himself.
He's tried attempted suicide, running away, and everything he can to get attention and help but they always listen to his mother who says he's not competent to speak for himself or know what he wants. She even intends to have him filed as incompetent after 18. Can you help him?

We his friends created a group to raise awareness, but we don't have the power to change anything, if anyone tries she files a restraining order on them.

He is a perfect example of autism at a high intelligence level, and what she's doing to him is abusing the disorder of autism for everyone. I myself have aspergers as well so I know just how he feels in this predicament. He tries to speak out, but they never listen to him and now he's so isolated by this woman that he can't speak out going completely opposite to letting 'Autism Speak.'

Where he needs and wants his friends, he's instead isolated. He tried the suicide and running away as a means to get his mother to see what she was doing to him, but it all backfired on him. She just went worse on him and twisted the law, doctors, the rest of his family, everyone onto her side and prevented him from getting himself heard by any of them by just filing him off as incompetent.

She even told him how to think. When he tried the suicide attempt, he quoted her saying she told HIM why he tried to commit suicide. Told him how his emotions were, his thoughts, everything and provided different reasons than he himself provided, in attempt to manipulate his thoughts. She blames his friends for everything when she doesn't realize (or maybe she does) that she's the one to blame and the reason that he tried those things.

Instead she blames other sources and isolates him from what he really needs. His friends that he had, and the social interaction that he looked to for support and friendship.

Please, can anyone out there that supports autism help?

A way to take this to the press or anything? I've tried most of everything that I can do. I'm in AZ he's in Cali. And I'm really running out of options to help him.

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2011, 12:44 am

Nekaru wrote:
One of my best friends has High Functioning Autism (He's 17.) Because of it, his mother is using it as an excuse to call him incompetent and prevent him from contacting the outside world in isolation from any of his friends or people he went to for support. He is on 24/7 watch of caretakers she herself hired and cannot ever leave their sight. He wants to escape her but cannot use the phone, she took away his computer, and monitors him every minute of the day where he cannot call for help himself.
He's tried attempted suicide, running away, and everything he can to get attention and help but they always listen to his mother who says he's not competent to speak for himself or know what he wants. She even intends to have him filed as incompetent after 18. Can you help him?

We his friends created a group to raise awareness, but we don't have the power to change anything, if anyone tries she files a restraining order on them.

He is a perfect example of autism at a high intelligence level, and what she's doing to him is abusing the disorder of autism for everyone. I myself have aspergers as well so I know just how he feels in this predicament. He tries to speak out, but they never listen to him and now he's so isolated by this woman that he can't speak out going completely opposite to letting 'Autism Speak.'

Where he needs and wants his friends, he's instead isolated. He tried the suicide and running away as a means to get his mother to see what she was doing to him, but it all backfired on him. She just went worse on him and twisted the law, doctors, the rest of his family, everyone onto her side and prevented him from getting himself heard by any of them by just filing him off as incompetent.

She even told him how to think. When he tried the suicide attempt, he quoted her saying she told HIM why he tried to commit suicide. Told him how his emotions were, his thoughts, everything and provided different reasons than he himself provided, in attempt to manipulate his thoughts. She blames his friends for everything when she doesn't realize (or maybe she does) that she's the one to blame and the reason that he tried those things.

Instead she blames other sources and isolates him from what he really needs. His friends that he had, and the social interaction that he looked to for support and friendship.

Please, can anyone out there that supports autism help?

A way to take this to the press or anything? I've tried most of everything that I can do. I'm in AZ he's in Cali. And I'm really running out of options to help him.

Speak to a lawyer and don't do anything precipitous yourself.

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

Tried it.. there's more involved. Am I allowed to post links? I have it on my sites blog.. I don't want to advertise or anything, just link it to provide more information..

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2011, 12:55 am

Dunno, up to you I suppose.

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 1:05 am

This will provide more information.. http://shatteredplanes.com/savefrancis

Last edited by Nekaru on 25 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:08 am

If necessary, find somebody not affected by the restraining order to call the police and have them do a mental health and welfare check on both of them. Warn them to expect manipulative behavior from the mom. What state are you in anyway?

Edit: Harboring a runaway minor is a crime and you are lucky you didn't get into any more trouble. You could also find somebody who knows him who is not affected by the restraining order to contact CPS. Luckily, in order for the state of California to grant his mother guardianship, there is a pretty high bar for burden of proof that it cannot be accomplished by lesser measures, and he legally must be physically present for the hearing. There he can make accusations of being used for financial exploitation or that his mother is creating the situation to gain sympathy and pity from others in her social network, and he can request a different guardian or conservator, and he is legally able to challenge his guardianship/conservatorship every 6 months. If he can keep her power of attorney down to financial and medical matters, he will have a window of opportunity to cut and run, and probably have any federally funded social services to a new conservator in a new state. If he gets away, do not bring him back to Arizona where the judicial commitment laws are relatively lax. His mother might be able to exploit that if she finds him.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Last edited by John_Browning on 25 Aug 2011, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 1:12 am

Arizona. I've tried the police. They won't listen to me because she's his mother, I have no proof, and the fact of the PRO and teh mother has made it seem like I'm the one behind all of it to them so they believe her and won't even look at the facts.

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2011, 1:22 am

Nekaru wrote:
Arizona. I've tried the police. They won't listen to me because she's his mother, I have no proof, and the fact of the PRO and teh mother has made it seem like I'm the one behind all of it to them so they believe her and won't even look at the facts.

Have you contacted the appropriate Government Child Welfare Agency?

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 1:26 am

Gallowglass wrote:
Nekaru wrote:

Yes. They just kept saying "Francis is a minor. His mother is responsible for him," it's like in Cali minors are property, unless its' physical beating abuse they can run into stop they don't try to even believe someone. She's got them all wrapped around her fingers...

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2011, 1:28 am

Nekaru wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
Nekaru wrote:

Yes. They just kept saying "Francis is a minor. His mother is responsible for him," it's like in Cali minors are property, unless its' physical beating abuse they can run into stop they don't try to even believe someone. She's got them all wrapped around her fingers...

Sorry mate but I don't have a Scooby what else to suggest.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:36 am

Nekaru wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
Nekaru wrote:

Is there anyone in California that you and him both know, and they can get a glance at him and make an anonymous and plausible claim (like a land line or a pay phone) that they need to check out him and his mom for physical health reasons?

Also, see my edit to my above post.

-Sigmund Freud

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 1:41 am

John_Browning wrote:
Nekaru wrote:
Gallowglass wrote:
Nekaru wrote:

Is there anyone in California that you and him both know, and they can get a glance at him and make an anonymous and plausible claim (like a land line or a pay phone) that they need to check out him and his mom for physical health reasons?

Also, see my edit to my above post.

Saw the edit, if I could get that information to him I would, but I can't get the information he needs to know about that to him. There's no one in Cali I know. The rest of his family is on his mothers side, so when he tries to speak up against her the rest of them gang up on him. Even before all this he couldn't speak out because his whole family would take her side and gang up against anything he said. (Reason he never contacted CPS himself.)

I tried getting in contact with his IRL school friends but they're on/off friends and said they'd rather not get involved.

I don't know anyone else in California that could give him that information. If someone mails it the mother rips it up or keeps it and he doesn't even see it. If someone tries to talk to him (he's monitored with caretakers) so she'd know about it and wouldn't let anyone talk to him unless they forced her. So even if I did know someone, getting to him right now is like impossible. She's insane.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:48 am

If you could get something subtle mailed to him anonymously from a CA address with a note in it, that might be your only chance.

-Sigmund Freud

Nekaru
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2011, 1:54 am

How could I find anyone in california trustworthy though? I don't dare give a random stranger his address.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 1:59 am

I never said it would be easy. :tongue:

-Sigmund Freud

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

25 Aug 2011, 2:14 am

It sounds like that b***h is running the house as a de-facto prison.
(How can she even afford to hire caretakers around the clock in this economy?)
How do you communicate? There must be some time of day when he can sneak out calls or envelopes, right?

Anyway I'll be rooting for him.

(... I live in Cali for what it's worth.)